It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could put your life on hold @

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If somehow you could put your life on hold for one entire year what would you do during this time ? Rember now you have no current responsibilities at all you also dont age it would be Groundhog's Day everyday for that year during this time do whatever you wanted and after that you'd pick up your life and nobody would have any idea that you did this life pause..Now if there was a way for you to do this, would you? If so, what would you spend that year doing?
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'd be on ATS of course

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'd go have tons of fun.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Pretty much like the movie. I'd educate myself in every way imaginable. Flight, music, normal education, the trades, etc, etc.

I just hope the knowledge sticks.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ive actually had this for over 4 years...

I had a plan for everything by 30 I was planning to be in multi unit big box retail management, I had made it to Store Manager of a very large retail store.

Working 70 hr weeks well on my way to my goal, and at 25 I had a stroke that damaged part of my heart, ever since than I have been living off my savings and investments I had made in my career, that and with my wifes help and that of family things have been going okay (things get tight sometimes but plans are in the works)

Anyway Ive had 4 years of basically rest, and Ill tell you what I did and what its done for me. Ive spent most of that time reading and getting healthier, I now view the stroke as one of the best things in my life. It removed me from the rat race and gave me a whole new perspective on life.

Ive spent my time reading and learning, hanging out with loved ones, and working on forming my own business. The stroke gave me time to actually think, before that I was blindly following this lame plan I had laid out for myself that was leading me down the path of an early grave.

ITs all BS people, the working endless hours at thankless jobs, it keeps us beaten down and unquestioning.

THE greatest thing missing in this world is the time to stop and contemplate, I would tell people when asked what I did for a living as "a man of Leisure "

And you know what I get, first a look of WTF, than a look of longing, a little bit of planning, a little saving, and you don't have to have a stroke to enjoy my life style.

My wife an I are looknig at buying a beach property out of the country as the cost of living is so low in places like Belize and Ecuador.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Of course i cant think of a better place to be
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

I think alot of people would do that ..just have fun
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I think id be doing all the same things..Id travel the world and get a good education in a field of my chooseing..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Belize’s primary language is English and they are considered to be one of the best places to retire in 2011.

Plus, the beaches are great and the people for the most part friendly, once you establish your bona fides.

But you do have to consider the Drug wars when you think about moving “South of the Border”.

It’s a ever changing enoviroment.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

benrl. I'm so sorry you had a stroke 4 years ago but im glad your doing allot better that had to be rough.. But im happy you had that time to think about a new perspective on life ..I think many of us are working endless hours at thankless jobs,And some of us have had wake up calls i know i had mine im "a lady of Leisure " and have tons of time to look at life in so many different ways ..Also that idea of buying beach property in Belize and Ecuador sounds like heaven..thanks for posting peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If I did not have to work, go to school, take care of kids-grandchilden,and parents....I'd probably sleep the year away....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

Not a bad idea! sleep is always need in my world always busy
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I am aware, My wife and I have already researched several south American locations that are reasonablly safe to Ex-pats.

Most important as well is a few of our friends are actually from there, and own land already, as well as them having family down there.

I would say some places are no more dangerous than any boarder states here lol look at Arizonas cartel violence and texas.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'd eat chocolate.

I'm a chocoholic and had to give it up - it's all or nothing for me. Now I'm not even allowed to sniff a wrapper

I'd go back on my chocolate diet - nothing else to eat, only chocolate. And I'd start with a whopping great Easter egg. Then I'd probably have a couple more.

Then I'd just calm down a bit and have my usual breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper - all chocolate straight from the fridge. Wouldn't want to eat it warm.

I can hear that cold, crisp Easter egg shell cracking even as I type.

Bugger..... wish I hadn't started this

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Great post berenike! I think you love chocolate
I love it also but not to that degree but i cant think of a better way to spend a year slurping down chocolate sounds like a plan! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'd definitely have that night's Lottery Numbers in my head.
Learn Spanish more fluently.
There's lots of crazy things I'd do also, that I couldn't discuss here, but wanton sex, crime sprees, etc. would likely be in there, just for the experiences (I mean, if you're just going to wake up again the next day anyhow)...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Sounds like you would be having a fun year ..The Lottery Numbers would be a great idea and a few others
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Lots of travel, win lottery, start a business. Mark at least 2 people off my Dexter list. If it doesn't stick- that's ok, at least it was theraputic.
Find a way to retire to Belieze by 60 instead of 65.
I've been wanting to do so for about 4 years now due to being english friendly, reatively inexpensivue, and similar level of health care. IF So/ So security still exists, I caould retire at a level in the US of apox $150k per year just off that, not to mention any additional saving & 401k.
Now I still have to convince my wife get out of the area &m only visit her family 1-2 times per year... that's the trick of it all for me.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Would like to spend one year again in 1955

No wife,no kids, no mortgage ,no car payments.
Like the man said,
Against the wind
We were runnin' against the wind
We were young and strong, we were runnin'
Against the wind

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What sugarcookie1 said about lotto only I'd ad the small pick 3, 4 and powerball as well why not? and then I would seriously think about retiring to Belize.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join