It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best photos of 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I thought I would create a thread With links to some of the best photos of 2011.
What a year it's been.

Please feel free to add your own links, and thoughts about what events had the most affect on you.
I would have to say the Japan disaster is what will stick with me for the longest.

warning the second link contains some graphic images

news.ninemsn.com.au...

blogs.reuters.com...
edit on 28/12/11 by dadfortruth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

In regards to news.ninemsn:

14=wtf
22=lulz
24=damn!

edit on 28-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I hope they saved the seal. I liked pic 19..woman holding the cross in front of a fire just screams end of days..lol. Pic 24 just scares the living hell out of me, mother nature is a powerful scary, but yet beautiful thing. I went and looked up the other pics of the volcano...and WOW.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The second link had some amazing pictures in it, thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ah, what a crazy eventful(negatively eventful year). Thanks for sharing the Australia news images as well, interesting to see more than my own countries' events.
Some of the images that stood out to me where of animal rescues, such as during the aftermath of the Japan quake:a nice gesture to help these animals:

Photo source: AP/ GlobalAnimal

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thank you for the post.

I am humbled and sad and will the Souls of those who perished to Peace in the arms of a loving God.

Photographs of my fellow humans suffering are difficult to look at - but - the images of Children lying dead amid the surrounds of war pull at my heart the most.

Much Peace...to those who lost their lives in 2011...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I thought the picture of the couple in the vancouver riots was found a fake?

Good links. My itunes played Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here during the slide show in the second link.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Good links. My itunes played Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here during the slide show in the second link.
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Great song, another good song to go along with the pics would be Tears for fears - Mad world

top topics

join