It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS RECAP 05: Iran Ron Paul SEC Mi5

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

It was a 6:20 video, they increased the file size. Buffering hits a threshold, I'll comment again in a bit.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Site manager, here, that monitor the replys to post, which may be read by U know who, there are twenty or so and the owners of ATS, back in the nintys it was people posting information on UFO's and the like, now it may HLS, putting questions up, like the FEMA camps and the like questions stated pre 9/11, my internet service was cut when i replyed to a post, asking will R.P. u know that one, will he stop the FEMA camps or stand in front with pencil and pad, checking people in, the ATS owners should keep WASHINGTON out of their clients opinions,(Members). knowlegde is to be shared, not denied, when the monitors, do there monitoring it might mean someone is doing or hiding something that they don't want found out, just remember no foul words, or talk about hurting or killing anyone,
so why build camps to house one person, or maybe one dozen,

edit on 29-12-2011 by bone13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Ok ok ok. we have all seen the handsome stubbly guy reading out ATS threads now, 5 times to be exact.
Now wheres the edition for the guys featuring a busty girl in a tube top?

edit on 28-12-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Dave, shame on you. The whole ATS theme is family friendly. Do you want ATS to be represented by ditsy blondes in tube tops?

(Woohoo, tube tops!)

Everyone knows we want the recaps with a depiction of a scantily clad female. Heck, let's make Brian into a full trans-gender.

No harm. All in good fun.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have to gather my thoughts for a moment.

Brian. YOU got IT this episode. Awesome job. That is your ATS persona. No other criticizes, (yet, subject to change) you have finally become the ATS recap dude. Love the attire, and the presentation, laid back, very informal, animated with lots of gesture, and bang on. I stared the first time, and drool ran from the corner of my mouth. Wow, I was thinking. Brian went beyond the simple newscast/thread recap, and made it his personal business. Yeah, Brian, your body language made it ring true. Throughout the 6:20, you had it nailed. Not too much, not too little. Balanced. Yes, Brian, you have it down.

To the Production crew:

Lot's of white screen. Pop in a few more pics. Slackers.

This episode weighed in at 6 minutes and 20 seconds. Others have been just under 5 minutes, so I note the attempt to increase the length (per request) past the five mark. As stated, the download size of the first four episodes was under 50 mb. This one weighs in at 58.6mb. Call the difference 10mb, for an extra 1:20.

Is that a good trade? I think not. You decide, as the production crew. The minute twenty isn't worth it. Keep it five, and just a wee bit beyond that.

Under six. Or smack on five thirty. Yeah. that should make a 53 mb download. Should stream fine as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I couldn't find info if Brian is a member so I could write this privately, since we have been seeing him face to face several times this week. I've noticed that Brian's right eye (his right) seems to move less that the left one and the space is not uniform in relation to the center corner, it may be lighting or just the position of the teleprompter.

If I'm not seeing things and this is not a previous condition, or explained by other reason he should get it checked out and even do a MRI.

Not to be an alarmist or anything the like but with all the cuts and jumps one tends to find a point of focus, and that called my attention. I hope I'm wrong and Brian has normal symmetry...

edit on 30-12-2011 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
After 5 episodes the movies still wont load using the latest flash plug-ins and the latest version of Firefox or IE. No ad blockers are present, no blocking of any kind. The movie refuses to load.

No wonder it's only a handful of people commenting on them. ATS Video section is screwed and no matter how many times I report it (this is the 5th time, ive since upgraded my browsers once and flash twice) it falls on deaf ears.

So screw the videos, im done trying to comment with my ideas like everyone else and also trying to be helpful in reporting videos that dont work on the latest gear.

Update your browser and flash plugin ATS for god sakes, upgrade. Nothing works in your video section making it useless.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Good recap. Although I don't find it very useful to me. I already read those topics, already know the chain of events and researched most of it myself and drew some conclusions from that.
Although this is a nice way to recap whats happening here on ATS for newbs, I find it not very useful for members who come around daily. Also, the editing is quick which makes me feel like having a seizure even though I don't have epilepsy.

Also the black outline around you is distracting and talking like your from a poor DC neighbourhood has me wondering if I am watching amateur MTV. You need to be more natural in your presentation, you don't seem genuine in your approach so it's hard to take you seriously.

No personal offense, just some criticisms.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
I have to gather my thoughts for a moment.

Brian. YOU got IT this episode. Awesome job. That is your ATS persona. No other criticizes, (yet, subject to change) you have finally become the ATS recap dude. Love the attire, and the presentation, laid back, very informal, animated with lots of gesture, and bang on. I stared the first time, and drool ran from the corner of my mouth. Wow, I was thinking. Brian went beyond the simple newscast/thread recap, and made it his personal business. Yeah, Brian, your body language made it ring true. Throughout the 6:20, you had it nailed. Not too much, not too little. Balanced. Yes, Brian, you have it down.

To the Production crew:

Lot's of white screen. Pop in a few more pics. Slackers.

This episode weighed in at 6 minutes and 20 seconds. Others have been just under 5 minutes, so I note the attempt to increase the length (per request) past the five mark. As stated, the download size of the first four episodes was under 50 mb. This one weighs in at 58.6mb. Call the difference 10mb, for an extra 1:20.

Is that a good trade? I think not. You decide, as the production crew. The minute twenty isn't worth it. Keep it five, and just a wee bit beyond that.

Under six. Or smack on five thirty. Yeah. that should make a 53 mb download. Should stream fine as well.

The difference is trivial with a decent computer and connection. The problem lies in their technology useage. They are using much older compression then available today which makes their videos longer then most you see online. If the site upgraded they might get better quality for the size.
As for the ATS persona comment, I disagree wholeheartedly.

But I am 34, maybe younger members appreciate the act.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Well, I happen to be 43, and I think the delivery for this sort of content is appropriate. If you've already followed those threads, then good on ya mate. As was said earlier, this Recap series is geared towards the younger crowd, and newer members.

The best thing about it is: It's different. Honestly, do you want Walter Cronkite (RIP) reading the Recaps? Brian has tons more charisma than that.

They are using much older compression then available today which makes their videos longer then most you see online. If the site upgraded they might get better quality for the size. As for the ATS persona comment, I disagree wholeheartedly. But I am 34, maybe younger members appreciate the act.

Gee, you must be mistaken. I've been downloading the videos, and they come in a flash file, with the extension of .flv. The last time I checked, Flash was the latest standard. Name one with a better compression ratio to file size. Gee, I guess You Tube already figured that one out, huh?

Besides, the site is only hosting the video. The video is processed separately, then posted for viewing on the site afterwards. Personally, I think the current length/size is a pretty accurate description of the latest compression techniques.

But, we are all entitled to our opinions.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Im still getting use to all this messaging & stuff on here but GREAT info, a friend told me a little about the methane leaks, Im looking forward to learning more about it

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Technically The Avengers wasn’t out of theaters, though, as it still was playing in 123 locations around the country last weekend. But we’re excited about the new wide release, as it really was one of the best theater-going experiences we’ve had all year. Now that we know some of the plot points that will be present in Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy, we can use this visit to the cinema as a chance to try to puzzle out how (and if) The Avengers sets up the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Two. Depending on how well The Avengers does in theaters this week, the movie could go on to unseat Titanic as the second-highest grossing film of all time at the domestic box office (behind Avatar). The Avengers has made $617 million to date in the United States, while Titanic is resting comfortably at $659 million, even with its 3D re-release earlier this year. We definitely couldn’t complain about a Whedon movie beating James Cameron’s 1997 box-office juggernaut to become the second-highest-grossing movie ever in the United States.

www.funnyacid.com/2012/04/watch-avengers-movie.html

top topics

<< 1   >>

join