It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed People Killed by Police: Who's Counting?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
That so so sad rise of 13% is bunk to trump up sympathy for tyrant henchmen and to be used as fuel for firearms legislation.

The list is loaded with training accidents, self-inflicted wounds, long-term ailments and friendly fire.

Reading between the lines, 13% increase in fatalities

Stories like this are supposed to make us feel bad for the brave policeman or to explain why they oh so rarely and occasionally snap and blow people away over an argument about a darts game or have a 400% higher rate of alcoholism, drug use and domestic violence than the general population.

So a bunch of them kill themselves or each other with their own stupidity and we're the ones who have to pay out the benefits to their families and submit to more regulation and legislation.

This report wont get any sympathy from me. The patronizing tone of it all just gets more animosity.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You mentioned Jean Charles De Menezes and that case was shocking and again, the police lied and tried to cover up their actions.

Also the police lie and cover up those unarmed civilians that they do murder and even go as far as planting weapons

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

Not only did the police lie and say he fired at them first... but it turns out he didn't even have a gun the officers actually lied and planted a gun at the scene.

The have lied constantly about this and there is now an ongoing investigation.

A man was killed in broad daylight, unarmed and in cold blood.

These incidents are shocking just think how many are not found out to be set-up or covered up by police.
edit on 29/12/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Also Ian Tomlinson. The police originally tried to spin this to say protestors were throwing projectiles at emergency services during attempts to treat him. Later found to be untrue.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Don't forget Charles De Menezes was restrained then shot 7 times point blank in the head. Basically an execution. He made the mistake of running with a tan.

Bad cops are outnumbered by good ones by a large margin? Bit like cancerous cells in the human body.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
One is too many.

I'm an unabashed LEO supporter, because there are far more (in the 10,000 to 1 numbers) good officers than there are bad ones. But the bad ones are really, really bad. They need to be weeded out, rounded up, and publicly stoned. They have betrayed the trust of a citizenry that depends upon them for protection, and that is an egregious offense to humanity.

/TOA

I am also a supporter of honest LEO's, but good luck finding one. So I guess I don't support the dishonest thieves you call LEO's.

With all due respect, I must disagree with your statements.
First 10,000 good cops to every one bad cop? I don't think so, and you have zero facts to back that up, so I gotta call BS! Let me just say that the police need to police themselves, in that every time a LEO breaks the law, speeding or whatever, they should be fired and have at least double the penalty of a civilian. You know as well as I do, the good cops are aware of the bad cops and do nothing to stop it. That makes them more guilty IMO. You also know the percentage of your good cops break the law on a regular basis, making them bad cops.

How would you like to be publicly stoned for speeding? I call that a form of torture and abuse. I think we have risen above this sort of punishment for over 100 years. Let us move ahead with the double punishment and fine and imprison them for breaking the law. I assure you a proper corruption investigation with proper punishment would get these boys back on track.

They should be walking on pins and needles to make sure they don't break the law and go to jail for years, but they are protected, and do not worry much about actually being the bad guys. As I have said over and over, the LEO position should be one of honer, to an almost religious level. They should not only uphold the law, but they should never break it, or pay a heavy consequence. See.... this kind of power corrupts simple minded people, such as LEO's. It is kind of like the high priest having his way with the alter boy. A total betrayal, and abuse of power. With the job, the police should also have a say in the construction and modification of laws, not to protect them, but to protect the rights of the civilians they are supposed to be working for, instead of against.

SLaPPiE shakes his head in disgust.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

sad

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

S+F. Good detective work. What i find very disturbing, is the amount of police who are even willing to kill the very people who pay their paychecks, the tax payers. Tax payers are the modern day peasantry. Yep all those medievel days when peasants were abound? Think theyre gone? Nope, theyre still here, just under disguise. In the medievel times peasants paid taxes in food and surplus goods to their feudal lords and did that stop them from being kill by them? Nope. It's amazing how modern day society mirrors the dark ages yet everyone goes on living their lives oblivious to it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I'm an unabashed LEO supporter, because there are far more (in the 10,000 to 1 numbers) good officers than there are bad ones. But the bad ones are really, really bad.

If it's really 10 000 to 1, what are the 10 000 doing ignoring or even protecting the POS one?

I wouldn't call any cop that is protecting a scumbag cop a ``good cop``.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
One is too many.

I'm an unabashed LEO supporter, because there are far more (in the 10,000 to 1 numbers) good officers than there are bad ones. But the bad ones are really, really bad. They need to be weeded out, rounded up, and publicly stoned. They have betrayed the trust of a citizenry that depends upon them for protection, and that is an egregious offense to humanity.

/TOA

There are indeed some very good LEO's in existence today. In fact, I have had the privilege of befriending a few of them here in this site. Sadly a few are ex-police officers because they were quite simply just that good, meaning it was no longer conscionable for them to remain on a force plagued by the corruption and tyranny that permeates many police forces, and sadly even Sheriff's departments across the country.

10,000 to 1? I can appreciate your optimism, but my friend that optimism strikes me as rather naive. If it were truly 10,000 to 1 I don't think good cops would quit the force due the profound corruption they face within their own department.

As for the bad ones, regardless of that percentage, instead of publicly stoning them it would be better, in my estimation, that people became profoundly cognizant of the law and use that to hold the thugs that have abused their oath of office accountable and have them tried and convicted for their crimes. I do not mean petition the local District Attorneys office and plead with them to charge the thugs with the crimes they've committed. Such a notion, that DA's will gladly acquiesce to public demand and begin holding criminal LEO's accountable is demonstrably a pipe dream.

However, people who know the law, know full well that if they are the victim of a thug LEO who has denied and disparaged their rights - regardless of the perceived severity of such a violation - all that needs to be done is that person go to the Sheriff's and file a verified complaint against the offending LEO. That verified complaint means the person filing it has sworn under penalty of perjury that a crime was committed and the person named for the crime is the one who committed that crime. No Sheriff can lawfully refuse to act upon a verified complaint. No District Attorney can lawfully refuse to prosecute one charged by verified complaint, and no judge has the lawful authority to dismiss the case brought forth by verified complaint.

It has always been true that the people are the holders of the inherent political power, and there is strong evidence of that when confronted by a police officer who asks for permission to come into your house, look into your car, back pack or personal belongings. They are asking for permission because they have no Constitutional authority to search without that permission, and if they had the authority it would be in the guise of a warrant. By asking a person for permission to search (and if granted permission, then to seize any item perceived to be "illegal" or unlawful) a person, place, or thing, that LEO is lawfully circumventing any Constitutional restraint and gaining direct permission from a holder of the inherent political power. This is compelling evidence that it is indeed true and certainly understood by government who holds the original and inherent political power.

As holders of that inherent political power, we are more inclined to see justice when we exercise our political authority than if we just sit by and pat ourselves on the back for voting. In terms of handling the thuggery of criminal LEO's, that political power is best exercised by filing verified complaints against the offenders. When enough LEO's are convicted and sentenced to prison for their thugish and brutish crimes then, and more than likely only then, will the good cops start outnumbering the bad cops.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Jean,

I have long been a huge supporter of your work here on ATS and this submission is no exception. Stellar job on the research you have done here and in the replies from members who have supported it. You have shined a beacon on a problem growing in our "world" that many of us have either known about or at least suspected.

This article should be of the utmost importance to all concerned citizens because it speaks to where we now find ourselves and where we are heading. We have become sheep being picked off by wolves and as you have shown the wolf is not working with a full deck. And not only is it shocking that this type of intellect is trusted with a firearm and the power to impose their will, but it is also favorable.

I commend the good men and women who have and continue to walk away from this career field because that is not an easy thing to spend all that time training in one field and catering your resume to it, for braving the economic hardship and standing on principle and braving a world where dime a dozen computer technicians are now working on cleaning the grease trap at McDonald's.

Is it really so difficult for people to look between the lines, to start connecting the dots and seeing how this dumbing down of police officers is factoring into our futures? I don't think so, in fact I see it a crystal clear.

Keep up the fantastic work Jean and my heartfelt thanks to the "Good ones" still out there. You know who you are.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I was trying to figure out how many people got shot as "bystanders" in drug raids about two years ago.

I think I recall it was something like 10,000.

The easier stats to find would be how many times SWAT has been deployed -- the increased use of SWAT seems to go in line with a more militarized approach for law enforcement. This while crime rates have been mostly going down,...

Also, the police have been getting a great deal of surplus military hardware like drones. One police office got an amphibious tank. I guess those purse snatchers need a heavy armament response.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
heres a case of police brutality

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
and here is another case of police brutality

2nd line

im all over these subjects

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
While we know there are good officers out there, like alot of the friendly ATS staff, there are also bad...

The good, unfortunately, does not make up for the bad.

And I seriously think this job is the most likely to be abused for it's position of power. Just imagine those with personality complexes/disorders or psychopaths that sign up for the job. There needs to be some serious screening.

They want to screen innocent american people for no reason, but they need to screen police officers.....BIG TIME.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's posts like this that make people not want to protect and serve. I cannot believe the comments here trashing our police. I saw one knucklehead "my.mind.is mine" produced a couple articles in Atlanta. Let's leave out the facts on these articles that state the first shot was in the chest and the perp was armed, didnt bother looking at the next one after i read that. I saw one post 1 shot for every 37,000 arrests in the USA (pretty good record that most businesses would be proud of.) Look, liberals need to realize these guys have no respect for the law. They will kill an officer like he is a possum standing in the street (173 this year.). Are there some bad officers? Of course. The mix of, thiefs, thugs, gays, drunks, religous believers, drug abusers, fathers, mothers, christians, cross dressers, is no different in the police department than it is in the rest of society. It is very rare that the person shot was not involved in criminal activity. Does it happen, sure. Postmen go postal too, wives snap after stating "for better or for worse" at the altar. Get over it. Sign up to protect and serve and you will see how difficult the job is. Split second life altering decisions that look and sound different after the media puts a twist on it and you have the luxury to judge from your living room LazyBoy. Talk about the lives they save, and know for sure when an innocent is lost no one hurts more than the responsible officer, more than I can say about a cop killer!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

The reason there is a military type of response is due to the criminals having more firepower than the standrd police officer. Fully automatic guns, hollow point bullets and more.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is the type of fire power criminals are using. This is why the SWAT team shows up. Then they get criticized for over reacting!

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I cant spend the time to read all this, but did anyone find any reliable stats about how many people have been killed by police in America?

I would like to know how many deaths by firearms in the US are committed by police.
Anyone able to help me find this info please send it to: harleyborgais at gmail dat com.

I can offer proof of the following in return:
Taxes on labor are illegal
Only hired drivers require license or registration, we can use public roads freely without license or registrations.
All foreclosures on homes are illegal, null and void because of fraud (all banks)
All legislation (so called 'laws') which contradict the U.S. Constitution are null and void of law.
Also, I can offer proof of the cause and cure for cancer and all disease (cause=free radicals/toxins and nutrition imbalance, cure=balanced diet of only natural foods).

I have A LOT more than that to offer also.
harleyborgais at gmail dat com

(edit) Just found this: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-1-2013 by harleyborgais because: Just found info

And this: www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 24-1-2013 by harleyborgais because: More info

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Can I ask how many people here truly believe that police officers set out to murder innocent civilians?

As a retired LEO, I can honestly say that I've never encountered such an officer. If I would have, they would have been arrested, charged and put on trial like any other citizen - because that's what we are (/were): citizens.

That being said, have there been officer's that have committed crimes and engaged in a conspiracy to cover them up? I'm sure there have been! Just like non-LEO's, some police officers do break the law. It is my most sincerest hope that these individuals are brought to justice in the same fashion as their civilian counter-part.

Please don't generalize, and say that all law enforcement officers are murderers. That is no different than me claiming that all everyone who isn't a police officer is a murderer. See what I mean?

Thanks!

edit on 4/17/2013 by JBurns because: I learned how to spell. #Humor

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
IT is disturbing...and has increased in frequency since that immigrant in NYC a few years ago was shot about 80x by police for reaching in his back pocket to pull out his wallet to present ID to the police. More and more of these incidents are ending up on Youtube tho.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JBurns

Google that video where the LA policeman is chasing a guy - shoots him in the back and then while the guy is laying on the ground the cop walks up and finishes him off.

edit on 17-4-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join