It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for the 2012 Republican Party Ticket>

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Who do you think will be the President and Vice President nominees on the Republican Party Ticket for 2012? Not who you want but who do you think will oppose Obama and Biden in the election....feel free to give your rationale:
To start it off I will predict: ROMNEY-CHRISTIE.
Governor Christie said he would not run for President primarily I believe because he feels that he is not ready. After two terms as VP he will be ready. He also has not only endorsed Romney but is already doing some primary campaigning for him. The disadvantage is that Romney needs someone in the south geographically and one who can carry a lot of sway not just with political conservatives (Christie mets that one) but who can also appeal to evangelical Christians who oppose a Mormon in the White House. Subconsciously the name "Christie" appeals to "Christians" and there is that subtle alliteration at the end of both names making the pairing sound good. Romney is peaking at the right time in Iowa (after the Gingrich implosion) and is leading by 30 pts in New Hampshire. He has the best chance to beat Obama and my guess is that he will pick NJ Gov Christie to be his running mate and Christie will accept.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Ron Paul/Kucinich! Because I am an optimist and I've seen the doctor climbing steadily in the poles inversely proportional to the media smear campaigns. Kucinich because he was the top pic amongst a poll done on the official Ron Paul campaign site. Either that or Andrew Napolitano as VP.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

I think that the Judge would make a great VP!! Too bad there isn't a strong Libertarian Party that can compete in our 2 Party Dominant system.......

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't care as long as it's Ron Paul/someone loyal, the VP has to be loyal and incorruptible or none of this matters.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have a weird hunch.

Imagine this scenario;

Ron Paul wins Iowa which closes the gap between Romney and Paul in New Hampshire granting Paul a 1st place win in New Hampshire as well. Many other states follow suit. Regardless the GOP chooses Romney as the nominee. Ron runs indy because he is not about to drop a fiery hot campaign. The election would come down to unpopular Obama vs unpopular Romney vs VERY popular Ron Paul drawing votes from both Republicans and Democrats both adding to his huge independent base. Independent Ron Paul wins election in landslide and makes history.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Romney/Jindal

My rational? Romney because he is a "safe" bet, not too extreme one way or another (especially after Obama) and Bobby Jindal, because he's young, smart, and can be the new face for conservatives, while grooming him for a run in 2020.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

That would be very great to witness with my own eyes but if Ron won Iowa and NH, I can't see how he wouldn't have the momentum to win enough delegates for the GOP nomination.

Now if he won the GOP nomination, dropped out and beat Obama as an independent, THAT WOULD BE ONE FOR THE HISTORY BOOKS.

It would set the tone for how the nation felt and congress would have no choice but to act accordingly...

Ron Paul on the national level is bad for the establishment...very bad.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I hear Trump on Fox yesterday blathering how a Paul win in Iowa would be disgraceful and cause Iowa to lose credibility.

Frankly, I'm getting pretty tired of hearing flip-floppers like Trump and just about every media outlet try to paint Pal as either racist, old, wacky, nuts on parade, conspiracist, truther, birther, isolationist & druggie-loving hippie! On all accounts, they are wrong, wrong, wrong.

They keep repeating unelectable and views not in mainstream of the majority of Americans. Really? You mean most Americans want more corruption, more spending, unconstitutional wars, elimination of liberty and privacy?

Is this really what we are to believe? How many Americans would say, "Hey, lets go attack Iran because they're a bunch of pricks who might develop a nuclear weapon. We have no proof that they have a bomb, but we're freaking America dang it and if we feel like kicking your butt, then we're going to do it!"

Its this stupid live in fear mentality. Now, Iran with a bomb isn't something I'd like to consider, but heck how many dirty bombs are probably in this country now!

Frankly, I hope he wins in a landslide, not only Iowa, but New Hampshire, SC, Virginia, etc.. I would love to see the "establishment" go to pieces.

Ron Paul represents a clear and present danger to all enemies of the Constitution. Our founders would be proud of such a man running for the highest office in our Nation.

new topics

top topics

join