Any other pacifists here?

page: 4
4
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by candcantiques
reply to post by lampsalot
 


Dont ever think you are anonymous. All you did is make yourself a target by saying you would never kill. Grow up.


No, my pacifism gives me a kind of spiritual protection. Like anything, it's not fool-proof, but I have avoided several potentially dangerous conflicts by being civil and peaceful and treating those who don't deserve it with courtesy.

Now, I suppose the Universe is a very complex place, and occasionally, you might have an extremely rare situation where violence is the logical answer, but I think the frequency of those situations is almost infinitesimally small.




posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot
 


I do own guns and I pray to G-d that I never have to shoot
anyone.If someone is trying to harm or kill me or my family,
I will shoot to stop them.
We will continue to have wars and rumors of wars until the
Messiah returns.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot
 


In peace there’s nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility,

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger:

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favored rage,

Then lend the eye a terrible aspect,

##snip##I would think you already would know this.
edit on Thu Dec 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by lampsalot
 


I do own guns and I pray to G-d that I never have to shoot
anyone.If someone is trying to harm or kill me or my family,
I will shoot to stop them.
We will continue to have wars and rumors of wars until the
Messiah returns.


What about turn the other cheek? Does that only apply for small things? I mean, I thought Jesus was a pacifist, but most Christians seem to believe violence is often a form of justice.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot
 


If someone is insulting,rude and slaps you...you turn the
other cheek.If someone is trying to kill you,you defend
yourself. Now,if someone is trying to force you to deny
the Messiah and will kill you if you don't...to be absent
from this body is to be present with the Lord.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
I would never kill a person no matter what. The worst I would do is injure someone, to defend a loved one, but I would never try to kill them. That is why I will never carry a gun.

I also oppose all war including the Allied involvement in WW2. I think there's always a non-violent solution.
edit on 28-12-2011 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)


Well i wouldn't murder anyone. If the allies hadn't gotten involved in WWII, the only ethnicity left would be germanic/arryan which means you probably would have never been born, you and 98% of the rest of the modern world. Not everybody that defends a loved one ever plans on killing the other person, sometimes in the struggle it just happens. Do you have what it takes to be a martyr and just sit there while someone kills you for fun? Even Jesus had to struggle with that temptation, think you can do better than him? You would fail.
edit on 29-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000


Well i wouldn't murder anyone. If the allies hadn't gotten involved in WWII, the only ethnicity left would be germanic/arryan which means you probably would have never been born, you and 98% of the rest of the modern world. Not everybody that defends a loved one ever plans on killing the other person, sometimes in the struggle it just happens. Do you have what it takes to be a martyr and just sit there while someone kills you for fun? Even Jesus had to struggle with that temptation, think you can do better than him? You would fail.
edit on 29-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)


To me there is no difference between killing and murder.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000


Well i wouldn't murder anyone. If the allies hadn't gotten involved in WWII, the only ethnicity left would be germanic/arryan which means you probably would have never been born, you and 98% of the rest of the modern world. Not everybody that defends a loved one ever plans on killing the other person, sometimes in the struggle it just happens. Do you have what it takes to be a martyr and just sit there while someone kills you for fun? Even Jesus had to struggle with that temptation, think you can do better than him? You would fail.
edit on 29-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)


To me there is no difference between killing and murder.


That is to you. Not everyone may share your idea. There is a huge difference between defending yourself and your family and murdering someone for fun, or for their money or because you hate the color of their skin. The difference is colossal and God also makes a huge distinction in what murder is. The difference is the intent.

6th Commandment: You shall not murder.

The english translation is "you shall not kill" and this is where the problem lies with people who did not accurately translate certain words in the bible correctly. Murder is the killing of someone in cold blood, jealousy, anger and hatred. It has nothing to do with self defense or in desperation.
edit on 29-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
I would never kill a person no matter what. The worst I would do is injure someone, to defend a loved one, but I would never try to kill them. That is why I will never carry a gun.

I also oppose all war including the Allied involvement in WW2. I think there's always a non-violent solution.
edit on 28-12-2011 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)


all is true an well in a perfect and hypothetical world as yours, but getting back to reality and upon this rock we call earth.

When time was first recorded by man on stone it clearly shows violence, wars, murders and the lust for power. These fundamental mechanisms of human society have and will be with us forever that is until we manage to separate ourselves from this rock called earth. We face grave dangers as a species as we now are openly discussing colonization of other planets. We as a species will eventually come into conflict with another species and that will be when the human species has its ultimate epiphany. But for now, you, the neighbor, the woman across the street, is safe in knowing that our only enemy is somewhere far across the atlantic, for heaven forbid, that if the truth was ever leaked, then the human species would more than likely dive into a dark era in self preservation rather than a cumulative response and preservation.

...now read this word > social < , you are being returned to your regular psychological state of awareness.



posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot
 


I do not believe in pacifism, however I believe that most persons, if not scarred by traumas or indoctrinated in violence will avoid taking to violence of any kind but given the right circumstances anyone will fight and kill.

I also believe that some people are more prone to violence and taking risks (and some of it is supported by science) than others, being a coward should only be see as negative if the safety of one endangers others, if not it is self preservation.Having said that I would prefer to be with a non coward in a situation that placed me at risk, that would in itself augment my chance of survival...





new topics
top topics
 
4
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join