It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Michele Bachmann Iowa campaign co-chair endorses Ron Paul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by ker2010

Very poetic.

You do know that Ron Paul has been in said 'establishment' for decades, right?

You are being manipulated by a public image, nothing more.

He has had literally years and years in the one place in America where real change is possible, the Congress.

He has passed one bill, One.

And that was to grant historical landmark status to somewhere in his own district.

You are being fed an image that is not true.

Have fun with that.

Let me ask you a question, how can one honest man get bills passed when the liars he works along side of do the voting?

RP can not do it all himself..

Second have you ever voted before? me? Never because im not easily manipulated. 37 years old NEVER voted. Didn't fall for none of them, I saw through them all my friend. Did you? I didn't even fall for (hope and change) Obama.

So sorry my friend im not easily manipulated ive just waited for the right guy to come along and RP is that guy.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

So, you recognize that Ron Paul cannot do it all alone, yet you still have a desire to see him be President?

Without support from either party, just how effective do you think he could be?

As a twelve term Congressman, you can rest assured he is already bought and paid for.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

Very poetic.

He has had literally years and years in the one place in America where real change is possible, the Congress.

And that was to grant historical landmark status to somewhere in his own district.

Have fun with that.

What's with the weird one line posts, it's like you are a machine. Sent from the future?

So we are being fed an image that is "not true?" Aren't you being fed the same image? This is the best you can come up with, "Have fun with that." Why bother?

Hmmmm, why bother indeed? I'm not even American, I can't vote in your election but even I can see the global ramifications of this man getting into power, can you? Do you even begin to comprehend his foreign policy? Can you comprehend the shift in the "drugs war" that has costed millions of lives and trillions of dollars? I doubt it. What I see is a shift of US policy that will affect the entire planet FOR THE BETTER. Not an isolationist policy but non-interventionist. I doubt you have read too much into his manifesto to even begin to fathom what this man could do, I have and I add, I am NOT even an American! Why am I, a lonely little Brit reading it? Because, and I hate to labour the point, I can see the global ramifications of Dr. Paul getting into office.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

So, you recognize that Ron Paul cannot do it all alone, yet you still have a desire to see him be President?

As a twelve term Congressman, you can rest assured he is already bought and paid for.

YEP because id rather have a honest guy who works for the people as the Head of State than the same dishonest cronies we have had. The few changes he could make without congress is better than no changes at all!!!

If he gets elected we have to back him, we have to support him and get those who support him elected into congress.

No one said it was gonna be easy.

Bought and paid for? If that were true the MSM would be all over him, he is the only one who isnt bought and paid for otherwise they would not be running the anti Ron campaign like they are doing!!!!!

You dont go against one of your own correct?

Plus if he was greedy why did he not vote for a congressional pay raise?

He has done the opposite of what anyone who was bought and paid for would have done over 30 years.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

Fine, I'll give this breakdown again.

First off, as to bought & paid for - wrong. He would have a much greater net worth and more influence in government if that were the case. You can't have your cake and eat it too, jim - if you say he's been ineffective in congress because he hasn't passed legislation, you have to look at the legislation itself and realize that a lot of it is good, right, and SHOULD have been passed, and the corrupt congress refused to get behind it because that's what THEY are. And a bought & paid for person would be getting in on the pie instead of calling everyone out on their BS and exposing it on the public record.

Secondly, as to what the president alone can do without any help from Congress:
1) order the troops home, end the wars, stop the involved money from being wasted, and prevent further loss of civilian life and lessen desire for retaliation against the US.
2) revoke all prior overreaching and unconstitutional executive directives.
3) order the DOJ to stop interfering with states' rights regarding their own laws on medi MJ, foods, and the rest.
4) pardon non-violent "offender" victims of the drug war.
5) shrink big government by refusing to fill non-essential position vacancies (attrition).
6) use the bully pulpit of the Executive Office to educate the american people and push for rational change via their representatives
7) restore some dignity to the office finally - no crappy gifts to foreign heads of state that don't even work in their nation, no bowing to foreign leaders, HONESTY AND FRANKNESS WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE for a change, no Bush-style embarassments...ugh, bushisms...
8) I suppose it's important to add one of the most obvious powers in vetoing unconstitution, unhelpful, or stupid legislation as well as unbalanced budgets.

I could probably add more to this list if I thought about it awhile longer, but just the first few are enough for me. Sure, Congress will have to get on board to address some of the big things that need addressing, but despite the examples of past presidents, the presidency is NOT actually a useless position to hold.
edit on 12/29/2011 by Praetorius because: I'm a dummy and didn't add one of the most obvious things a president can do.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

Who do you think supports the parties? The PEOPLE do! You only need register republican to vote for Ron Paul. You only need register as a republican and take part to help shape and mold the party WE THE PEOPLE represent.

You talk of poetry friend, here is one for you:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The tenacity and power of the human spirit... Hope does indeed spring eternal.

I hope to God you are all right and Paul is the answer to all these ills, but something tells me that he isn't.

What tells me that?

Oh yeah, every single election we have had in the last three decades.

You are being sold a bill of goods that simply will not arrive.

Remember how excited you were to send away for your Sea Monkeys, so that you could watch the little cute characters have incredibly interesting lives? And how disappointed you were when you got a packet of freeze dried brine shrimp eggs?

Multiply that feeling by about 2012.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Those people are just suckers.

Ron Paul's a trade-up from sea monkeys to Triops!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Truly, I hope your guy is everything he says he is.

I have yet to see any of these guys who are, however.

Of all the Republican candidates, he is the only one who could give Obama a run for his money.

Good luck with it!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Thanks Jim. Don't get me wrong, I do understand the cynicism. I was there myself back in early 2007 and before.

However, Paul's record and his apparent common sense give me good reason to believe he's actually not the usual sort, and even watching his videos from almost 20 years ago is like watching his current releases. If he does manage to get into office and then plays along for the most part like all the rest, I will likely officially wash my hands of any hope of valid change via the existing system.

When I've got something presenting itself as a sincere option like Paul, I think I'm morally responsible to do what I can to help push it, on top of what other little work I'm able to put in. I don't think he's a miracle worker, I don't think he's a messiah, and despite him being a very nice man, this isn't about him.

I DO really wish he was younger and otherwise more marketable. It would help SO much.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ron Paul is like democracy, he's the worst candidate ever, until you consider the alternatives lol.

It's interesting to note. Not many members start threads about, "why I like Romney" or blabla, but when they do it pretty much gets filled up with "I like Ron Paul better" replies, and not many, "yeah I like Romney too" replys.

My personal belief thanks to Bush, and Obama, is that all of the candidates are sold out, and corrupted.

I don't like the course the country is on, and all of these candidates will stay the course. There's not even any chance they won't, except for one candidate. That candidate is Ron Paul. I like what his kind of change sounds like. I want it too.

I know a lot of others feel the same as me. If Ron Paul isn't on the ballot, then just flip a coin, it won't make any difference who wins anyway.

edit on 29-12-2011 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Bachmann lied about having a private conversation with Kent Sorensen saying he personally confessed to her that the Paul campaign gave him a large sum of money to defect.

Sorensen and another crucial member of the Bachmann campaign came out and denounced those accusations.

Surprise Surprise, Bachmann caught lying...again.

I think at this point Rick Santorum deserves some respect for not going with a low-down approach like Perry/Bachmann have.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow you are all excited about some scumbag politician's bootlicker who works for whoever offers them the highest pay?
Someone with zero name recognition, a nobody and people are excited?
Even on camera this guy looks like a goon. He most likely knows Bachman is going to drop out after Iowa so he wanted to keep milking the gravy train somehow, and Ron Paul is the biggest gravy train on the scene. He will keep running even though he has zero chance of the GOP selecting him as their nominee.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Wow you are all excited about some scumbag politician's bootlicker who works for whoever offers them the highest pay?
Someone with zero name recognition, a nobody and people are excited?
Even on camera this guy looks like a goon. He most likely knows Bachman is going to drop out after Iowa so he wanted to keep milking the gravy train somehow, and Ron Paul is the biggest gravy train on the scene. He will keep running even though he has zero chance of the GOP selecting him as their nominee.

Hi Tinfoil, I wondered when you'd be along

Actually, if you'll start looking into things instead of (apparently) just trolling, Sorenson's not being paid by the Paul campaign, and apparently he's very popular with the TEA Party voters in Iowa. And, he's helping the Paul campaign because Paul & his supporters helped Sorenson with his senate runs in 2008/2010 when the republican party pretty much kicked him to the curb.

As far as the chances of winning the nomination, granted, Paul's still in third overall for that, but as proven by the 2008 election cycle, there is still a LOT of movement to look forward to as we start getting into the primaries.

Anything else I can help you with today, friend?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

Very poetic.

Have fun with that.

That's an absolutely, unequivocally, misguided point of view. Most other members don't seem to have the backbone to espouse what they believe in, especially if their beliefs are not popular with the other members of Congress or the MIC. They seem to be there for a comfortable ride until their terms end.

As President, Ron Paul will be in a position of substantially more influence and authority than as a Congressman. He will be able to address the entire nation regularly. His point of view will be broadcast. People will listen and begin to comprehend what the TPTB have been doing to this country during the past century. As Congressman his voice has been muffled by the roar of all the others in Congress who just want to go along to get along and get as big a piece of the pie for themselves as they can before their time in D.C. comes to an end. It's about time we have "change you can count on"! Obama promised it but his words turned out to be hot air. Ron Paul will deliver.
edit on 12/29/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but:

Michele Bachmann’s political director defends Kent Sorenson against Bachmann allegations

Presidential candidate Michele Bachmann’s claim last night that Iowa campaign chairman Kent Sorenson ditched her campaign because of financial incentives offered by rival Ron Paul was refuted by an unlikely source early this morning. Her own Iowa political director.

caucuses.desmoinesregister.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Someone who stands on the sidelines and eventually gives their support is a worthwhile endorsement.
The public can see a turncoat for what they are, and it is highly doubtful he will add anything to Paul's campaign except more negative energy. The only thing this move did was to make a negative blow to Bachman, which has along had the same chance of winning as Ron Paul, zero.

Paul planted a turncoat in the wrong enemy camp (the Senate run help 2 years ago proves this connection), he should have placed his timebomb in Santorum's corner as he is surging and going to be getting a lot of publicity.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Yea Ron Paul has secret agents in each candidate's campaign collecting information and waiting on orders to defect so he could win this whole race

Not only that but he has been chosen and groomed all this time by the illuminati, need proof? He's an establishment insider purposely exposing the federal reserve so they could crash the dollar and bring in the Amero!

Seriously, how low will you guys go?

edit on 29-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but:

Michele Bachmann’s political director defends Kent Sorenson against Bachmann allegations

Presidential candidate Michele Bachmann’s claim last night that Iowa campaign chairman Kent Sorenson ditched her campaign because of financial incentives offered by rival Ron Paul was refuted by an unlikely source early this morning. Her own Iowa political director.

caucuses.desmoinesregister.com...

They are all covering each others backs in Iowa, because they have to live there. Why should they let an outsider like Bachman destroy their careers inside of their own state as her campaign winds down to nothing?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Tinfoil,, may i suggest a avatar change for you..

I propose a Fox news image in the back ground with Bill O'Reilly pointing instead of Ron Paul,, you can keep the sheeple part.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join