posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
The plot thickens - I look forward to Sorenson's & Paul's camp responses. Bachmann's accusing Paul's campaign of buying off Sorenson (Des Moines
Register - article
“It’s clear that this was a deliberate move by the Ron Paul campaign to discredit our campaign and our growing momentum. Ron Paul is in
trouble in Iowa and his campaign is worried about people learning about his dangerous stance on foreign policy and how he will make America less safe.
“Kent Sorenson personally told me he was offered a large sum of money to go to work for the Paul campaign. Kent campaigned with us earlier this
afternoon and went immediately afterward to a Ron Paul event and announced he is changing teams. Kent said to me yesterday that ‘everyone sells
out in Iowa, why shouldn’t I,’ then he told me he would stay with our campaign. The Ron Paul campaign has to answer for its actions.
“We are almost through with our 99 county tour and have seen overwhelming support all across Iowa. This is clearly an effort on the part of the
Paul campaign to throw cold water on our growing momentum.
“We are thrilled to announce that State Senator Brad Zaun is now Iowa Chairman of our campaign. He has tremendous respect across the state and he
has worked tirelessly for our campaign. I am proud to have him as our State Chairman.”
OK - the problems I've got with this:
1) She doesn't say WHEN Paul allegedly offered a large sum of money to work for his campaign (if he did) - I would assume that Paul originally
approached Sorenson about being a campaign staffer when he originally booted up his Iowa campaign, as Paul had endorsed him for state government.
2) I REALLY don't think Paul's foreign policy is new to, well - ANYONE who has been paying any attention (we'll argue the safety aspect and matters of
blowback & resentment later
...), and I'll just go ahead and say it - I personally think Bachmann discredits herself with obvious pandering,
repetition, and attention-grabbing. Just my thoughts.
3) I'll waiting on Sorenson's response to the sell-out claim. But I'd have to say we probably would have heard of something before now - like a
firing? - if it were true.
4) She saw overwhelming support all over Iowa? Well, I've heard of Paul drawing VERY impressive crowds pretty much wherever he goes. Anyone heard
anything about Bachmann's crowds (that's an honest question)?
5) And...uhh, welcome aboard, Brad. There's always room in the Paul camp if you want to get on board a campaign with legs!
edit on 12/28/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)