It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Michele Bachmann Iowa campaign co-chair endorses Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, this is certainly interesting. Bachmann's Iowa co-chairman Kent Sorenson just endorsed Ron Paul and has promised to help see him through to the White House:

News is breaking this evening that presidential candidate Michele Bachmann’s Iowa campaign co-chairman Kent Sorenson has endorsed Ron Paul, one of her rivals in the Iowa caucus race.

Here's the Des Moines Register report.

Politico report here.

And his full endorsement announcement can be read here at Time.

I like his closing:

If you are as frustrated as I am with what's been done by the ruling class, I urge you to join me in supporting Dr. Paul. We can send the national big government political establishment a message they will never forget by voting for Ron Paul for President in the January 3 Iowa Caucuses.

Well said, Kent. Welcome aboard!

EDIT:
Much thanks to MSNBC for this:

Paul got a welcome surprise — and rival Michele Bachmann an embarrassing one — when the state chairman of the Bachmann campaign announced Wednesday night that he was throwing his support to Paul. The endorsement came just hours after he had appeared with the Minnesota congresswoman.

Iowa State Sen. Kent Sorenson said he was switching from Bachmann to Paul because the Texas congressman was the most conservative of the top-tier candidates, an assessment sure to encourage those who want Bachmann to drop out of the race and free up her supporters for a conservative candidate with stronger backing.

edit on 12/28/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I hope it's true.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I saw this. Excellent news with just 6 days until the caucus! Ron Paul is on fire!

I've said this in about 200 other posts, but... Ron Paul is going to win Iowa in a landslide.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Oh the irony
He's gone from being the guy that everyone on TV forgot to almost possibly maybe one of the top guys now. Quite a phenomenon. I googled as this just gave me one thought but I'm disappointed no one out there has made it yet. An oldie but a goodie...

Ron Paul
Serious Business

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I saw this guy while watching the Paul rally, but I didnt know it was him at the moment. I wonder how this will affect the supporters of Bachmann? Will they go over to Pauls side? Or, will they go to someone elses side?

link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Oh, it's true, friend. Just Google or Bing news search on Kent Sorenson and search by date.

It's blowing up right now. Was hoping for a youtube, but not posted there as yet, sorry!

link   
Oh yeah. Just caught this.

Just another jumping on the P-Train. It's taking off quick.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Woo Hoo...just saw the Rally on Cspan...Great Speech. Honest, down to earth.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Michele Bachmann must be so embarrassed bless her. Maybe they see their true philosophy in Ron Paul not another puppet.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Michele Bachmann must be so embarrassed bless her.

Funny thing is, Bachmann was born in Iowa.

If I was running for president, and couldnt win the state I was born in, and chairs of my campaign were jumping ship....I would be pretty embarrassed to.
edit on 28-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

It's true V........I just saw him say it with his own mouth right there at the Ron Paul Vet Rally in Iowa.

Let's get some more of these guys jumping onboard the Ron Paul Revolution train?

link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Hmm.. So I take it Mr.Kent Sorenson dosen't Hate Muslims That Much Anymore ? .........

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Glad Michelle is taking her defeat well lol. Ron Paul is by far the best candidate we have for the new president. I urge everyone to vote for him . Lets cut big government out of the picture and start taking out country back !!!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Please keep me updated as to MSM rants. I unlike our goverment had to cut back, and cable was first to go.
Ron Paul 2012!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So Bachmann dropped out of the entire race?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You know, if Ron Paul actually goes the distance, Obama has himself to thank for making it possible in the first place. Prior to Obama, no one would have ever thought of electing a man that few knew well to the White House. After him, we've had his people telling the nation for 3 years that such things shouldn't matter. It has only helped Ron Paul reach a point he's never managed before.

Go Ron Paul! It's starting to become real, indeed.

edit on 28-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
at the end during picture taking, the dog stole the show.

great picture with ron paul helping the dog pose.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by naraku

No , her Iowa co-chair of her campaign quit(he's a Iowa state congressman). He had appeared with her earlier in Iowa today, but told everyone at the Ron Paul Vet Rally tonite , he is joining Ron Paul!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Man, I would've love to be the fly-on-the-wall during that phone conversation!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The plot thickens - I look forward to Sorenson's & Paul's camp responses. Bachmann's accusing Paul's campaign of buying off Sorenson (Des Moines Register - article here):

“It’s clear that this was a deliberate move by the Ron Paul campaign to discredit our campaign and our growing momentum. Ron Paul is in trouble in Iowa and his campaign is worried about people learning about his dangerous stance on foreign policy and how he will make America less safe.

“Kent Sorenson personally told me he was offered a large sum of money to go to work for the Paul campaign. Kent campaigned with us earlier this afternoon and went immediately afterward to a Ron Paul event and announced he is changing teams. Kent said to me yesterday that ‘everyone sells out in Iowa, why shouldn’t I,’ then he told me he would stay with our campaign. The Ron Paul campaign has to answer for its actions.

“We are almost through with our 99 county tour and have seen overwhelming support all across Iowa. This is clearly an effort on the part of the Paul campaign to throw cold water on our growing momentum.

“We are thrilled to announce that State Senator Brad Zaun is now Iowa Chairman of our campaign. He has tremendous respect across the state and he has worked tirelessly for our campaign. I am proud to have him as our State Chairman.”

OK - the problems I've got with this:
1) She doesn't say WHEN Paul allegedly offered a large sum of money to work for his campaign (if he did) - I would assume that Paul originally approached Sorenson about being a campaign staffer when he originally booted up his Iowa campaign, as Paul had endorsed him for state government.

2) I REALLY don't think Paul's foreign policy is new to, well - ANYONE who has been paying any attention (we'll argue the safety aspect and matters of blowback & resentment later...), and I'll just go ahead and say it - I personally think Bachmann discredits herself with obvious pandering, repetition, and attention-grabbing. Just my thoughts.

3) I'll waiting on Sorenson's response to the sell-out claim. But I'd have to say we probably would have heard of something before now - like a firing? - if it were true.

4) She saw overwhelming support all over Iowa? Well, I've heard of Paul drawing VERY impressive crowds pretty much wherever he goes. Anyone heard anything about Bachmann's crowds (that's an honest question)?

5) And...uhh, welcome aboard, Brad. There's always room in the Paul camp if you want to get on board a campaign with legs!

Thoughts?
edit on 12/28/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join