It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drawing puts Paul first on Va. GOP primary ballot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I apologize if this has already been posted and I missed it in the search, but I believe this is quite significant since DC is, after all, in Virginia.

hamptonroads.com...

A drawing by the state Board of Elections puts Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul first on the ballot for Virginia's March 6 primary.

Mitt Romney will appear second on the ballot. Paul and Romney are the only GOP presidential candidates who have qualified for the ballot.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday in an attempt to get his name on Virginia's ballot. He failed to collect the required 10,000 signatures.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich also failed to gather enough signatures.

Considering this turn of events, it's going to be very difficult for the media to ignore Dr. Paul in the coming months.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I apologize if this has already been posted and I missed it in the search, but I believe this is quite significant since DC is, after all, in Virginia.

D.C. occupies land which once belonged to Virginia and Maryland. However, D.C. is not in Virginia or Maryland. It's a federal district.

Otherwise, glad to see Ron Paul not being excluded from the GOP primary ballot. Can't decide if I am for or against Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Thanks for the specifics, but as far as geographically, it will still be influential. Especially since there are so many military personnel and families in Virginia. I feel that this is the attention Paul needs and is as close to the DC fringe as one can get.

He does seem to be the best candidate in my opinion.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Newt Gingrich should have taken the money (Savage's million dollar offer to drop out).

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I'm thrilled because he is being acknowledged as a candidate. I thought that the voices of his supporters were just going to be ignored.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
And some say Karma isn't real....

Ron Paul 2012

top topics

join