It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Rule Puts Catholic Employers in ‘Untenable Position'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Now we are seeing some Obama(doesn't)Care pitfalls.

The mandated insurance for sterilization and abortion-inducing contraceptives is in conflict with many religious beliefs, not just Catholics.

This could lead to an insurance problem for consciences employers and employees.

This could also be considered a "forced" compliance and a disregard for personal freedoms.

It certainly will put people between a rock and a hard place.

Freedom of choice is fine, but this is crossing the line.

If you need insurance, you don't seem to have a "choice" anymore.

Not mention it will certainly raise the prices !

Dec 27, 2011

(CNSNews.com) – Cardinal Donald Wuerl, head of the Catholic archdiocese of Washington, D.C., issued a warning last week against the implementation of an Obamacare regulation that would place many Catholic employers in an “untenable position” by requiring all health care plans to cover sterilization and abortion-inducing contraceptives, in violation of religious liberty and particularly Catholic moral teaching.

His warning coincided with a full-page ad by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), which said the regulation, set to start on Aug. 1, 2012, could “severely curtail” Catholic health care providers.

Catholic institutions account for 12.7 percent of the nation’s hospitals, according to the 2009 American Hospital Association Annual Survey, with more than 5.6 million patients admitted to Catholic hospitals in a one-year period. An additional 1,400 long-term care and other Catholic health facilities are present in all 50 states, according to the Catholic Health Association of the United States. Also, there are about 70 million Catholics in the United States.

U.S. Catholic Bishops: Obamacare Rule Puts Catholic Employers in ‘Untenable Position,’ May ‘Severely Curtail’ Health Care Services

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
As a catholic, the hyprocrisy is laughable.

After 12 years of their schooling, I knew with concrete certainty that EVERYTHING they taught me was excrement. Their feigned piety is offensive.

Gladly accepting donations from mobsters who, with every action, were/are criminals engaged in murder, extortion, money laundering, drug dealing, loan sharking while lauding these mobsters are paragons of virtue within the community to the child raping, I cannot understand how, or why, people take seriously aything that the catholic church teaches as serious business or anywhere near the truth!

I was head altar boy, never raped, in charge of scheduling the altar boys for masses & services (weddings/funerals/baptisms), scheduling the altar boys for bingo (setup, breakdown & assistance while bingo was going on), I had keys to the church I was so trusted, I served through my senior year in high school and I have more faith in myself & beliefs than anything that they told me was "true". With every word there was duplicity; that the people were to do one thing despite the actions of the churche being 180 degrees contrary. The only driving force in my parish was bringing in money.

Everything that was taught was to do one thing, keep you off balance by shame to get as much from you as possible. It is a great scam; it has the guilt nearly on par with the Jews--even thoughts are sin and give us 10% or you're going to burn, and the all the mystic qualities of the prior Roman faith with its various gods in the saints to pray to for help. What a great scam to get all the money you can from the uneducated and naive.

Old guys in hats and dresses know no more about god than I know about the inner working of a super massive black hole.

Derek
edit on 29-12-2011 by Viesczy because: grammar

join