It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What good has learning and/or speaking out about NWO/TPTB/9/11 etc done for you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just a question..guess my first foray into this world was around 2003, when I stumbled onto whatreallyhappened.com. grew from there to all the usual sites, and my mind was opened. I spoke out. I opposed the iraq war, questioned 9/11, tried to get people to open their minds to the fact that nothing was what it seemed.

And I lost everything for it.

Almost every "friend" I had, thought I was nuts. I was mocked, ridiculed, suffered some professional losses as well(I work in hollywood. ever try to criticize israel regarding their treatment of palestinians and still have a career?! LOL). So, I ask you all..since these plans continue on in our faces, because none of us has the power to stop any of it..what good does knowing really do you? If I'd kept my mouth shut, I wouldn't find myself where I am today. I'd still have most of what I had..sure, speaking out is courageous..but also very dangerous. career damage is the least of what can happen. So I guess I'd like to hear what good talking about this stuff has brought into your life..because it destroyed mine.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

I found it necessary to do my research intensely and stick to official government documents and publications before speaking out to friends and family, and it has worked beautifully. Here's a couple examples...

A thread I did:

Nine Documents From The Last 89 Years You Should Be Aware Of...

A Video I made:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It 's been very instructive, as I had no idea how brainwashed and/or oblivious most of my fellow citizens are. Also maddening to boot, as the response to my efforts to enlighten them (no matter how I soft-pedal it) invariably lands somewhere along the lines of derision, or denial, and both a great deal of the time.

And this includes my dealings with people who should know better...people with one or more PhD's in any number of disciplines, people who have worked in the upper echelons of any number of alphabets soup government agencies, people who have been victims of the very forces that I've have tried to point up to them. Leading them, using hard data buttressed by physical law, framing out the painfully obvious contradictions in evey single sphere of their lives...to no avail.

It could well be that ignorance is bliss after all; there is some comfort taken in knowing what it is that threatens us all, but at times it leaves me cold. Wondering what exactly it is going to take to wake everybody up, wondering why I'm so different and why the tools levied so successfully against others have no effect on me (and questioning my own sanity as the inevitable mean corollary), at times wondering how I'm to get up in the morning and stow my despair so I can continue to show my daughter how to be the best person she can be.

At the end of the day, I tell myself that it is cyclical, that over time the forces of darkness build and consolidate and reach a point where the forces of light beat them back, leading to a period of collective introspection. From this, I take consolation in knowing that as long as their are people like myself who know the signs and study the currents (and we are legion), there will always be canaries in the coal mine, and thus, there will always be hope.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

I may not and rolled back or prevented the onward roll out of the NWO but I feel better for having made the efforts I have to date:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeolus1970
It 's been very instructive, as I had no idea how brainwashed and/or oblivious most of my fellow citizens are. Also maddening to boot, as the response to my efforts to enlighten them (no matter how I soft-pedal it) invariably lands somewhere along the lines of derision, or denial, and both a great deal of the time.

And this includes my dealings with people who should know better...people with one or more PhD's in any number of disciplines, people who have worked in the upper echelons of any number of alphabets soup government agencies, people who have been victims of the very forces that I've have tried to point up to them. Leading them, using hard data buttressed by physical law, framing out the painfully obvious contradictions in evey single sphere of their lives...to no avail.

It could well be that ignorance is bliss after all; there is some comfort taken in knowing what it is that threatens us all, but at times it leaves me cold. Wondering what exactly it is going to take to wake everybody up, wondering why I'm so different and why the tools levied so successfully against others have no effect on me (and questioning my own sanity as the inevitable mean corollary), at times wondering how I'm to get up in the morning and stow my despair so I can continue to show my daughter how to be the best person she can be.

At the end of the day, I tell myself that it is cyclical, that over time the forces of darkness build and consolidate and reach a point where the forces of light beat them back, leading to a period of collective introspection. From this, I take consolation in knowing that as long as their are people like myself who know the signs and study the currents (and we are legion), there will always be canaries in the coal mine, and thus, there will always be hope.

As far as successfully relaying the message to others, please refer to my post right before yours...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I really believe truth is its own reward. There is nothing finer, to a mind of a certain bent, than to savor knowledge. Seeing the "big picture" about anything is a kind of transcendental experience, in that it takes you out of your sphere of daily life and connects you with something larger. Learning the truth is a pure delight, its richness never ends in satiety. Curiosity is innate in humans, and to indulge it simply feels good.

If you feel the people around you aren't ready to listen to what you've got to say, there is no law that says you have to push them. Nudge them, perhaps. Be patient. Don't go howling in the streets, that's how people get locked up or crucified. Share with those that have ears to hear, here and elsewhere.

We are living in a very interesting time because a lot of the things that were thought to be tinfoil-hatted even as recently as a few years ago are slowly becoming recoginized by the public at large. Awareness of these issues puts one at the forefront, and openmindedness assures you a place there in the future as well. It's a bumpy ride on the vanguard, but twas ever thus. Don't leave now, the party's just getting started!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Already taken into advisement (or mental rolodex, if you will), and will go with me as I go out and about. Godpseed, good soul

top topics

join