It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captured US Drone a Trojan Horse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Someone suggested this on another forum, and I wanted to get ATS' reaction to this theory:

The US government LET the drone crash in Iran, and LET them capture it. Why?

Because that drone is carrying a computer worm. My guess is that the worm will create back doors inside Iranian government computer networks that will enable the US to penetrate them at will. It will be downloaded when the Iranians try to access the drone's own memory.

Do you think this is plausible?

As a side debate, would you support this sort of activity? I personally think that it would be a brilliant tactic. While the Iranians are bragging about downing a US drone, Obama is sitting in the Oval Office, smiling as he mutters "Just as planned."

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meshakhad

Do you think this is plausible?

As a side debate, would you support this sort of activity? I personally think that it would be a brilliant tactic. While the Iranians are bragging about downing a US drone, Obama is sitting in the Oval Office, smiling as he mutters "Just as planned."

It's possible, yes, though I doubt Obama was in on it. He's not that clever.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
what if the iranians just used brand new lap tops with no internet access. all that would get infected would be those computers and it would be easily detected and thrown away.

with no damage to anything except a $500 computer.

there are counter measures and procedures in place.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Agreed, its plausible and was one of my first thoughts.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I suggested that in an earlier thread.

But it appears the drone went down in Afghanistan and was cut in three pieces and hauled in.

I still might believe the theory though.

The program has been around for years. Surely they knew one would eventually go down.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As soon as I read the topic I knew what you were onto. Although I wouldn't think the Iranians computer security would warrant a drone.
A great idea would to put in guidance systems, targeting systems and remote control systems that were faulty. Imagine them reverse engineering things and it would lead them nowhere. Years for them to catch up to where they were before. lol
Great topic and inventive but I think your Avi is questionable, Meshakhad.

Look forward to reading your topics in the future.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Meshakhad

Or maybe they just wanted to follow the trail of crumbs back to the mother ship............

second

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
How could a computer virus get from the drone to iranian computer systems? Did they fill the drone with a bunch of thumb drives? I'm sure iranian IT techs would take precautions, like evaluating captured data in a forensic setting, witch typically includes computers on a closed or isolated network.

That have decent technology there beleive or not. Iran has some top notch hackers, they are experienced with worms and computer viruses.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There have been a few ideas floating around the internet recently that Iran was making progress with its domestically produced drones. So the US deliberately drops one in Iran to discredit any significant developments the Iranians have made on their own.

"Iran's new drone technology is based on reverse engineered US model."

Highly speculative of course but an interesting idea.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
im pretty sure anything technical they try to do with the drone will be outside of a computer network... they will ensure the drone has no direct or indirect access to the internet/ their computer networks.

UNLESS the drone somehow emits this supposed virus wirelessly..
edit on 28-12-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Meshakhad

Plausible but unlikely when they can get into their computers via our own CIA...the plane did not crash as you mentioned but rather hijacked via computer control. When you look at Iran it's a fairly well developed country with many similarities to US both culturally and intellectually. So if some people are under the impression that Iranians are not that smart keep in mind that their kids growing up now are just as tech savy as our kids here in the US are...with technology becoming more and more affordable and their kids going to school in our country I think it's much more plausible that they simply hijacked the plane. For some of you who think they are living in the stone age because of what the news reports think again...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what if the iranians just used brand new lap tops with no internet access. all that would get infected would be those computers and it would be easily detected and thrown away.

with no damage to anything except a $500 computer.

there are counter measures and procedures in place.

A Trojan Horse concept is terffific. And makes sense. Your response is a bit wanting however, a simplistic view. Virtually all computers today are interconnected one way or another. A very clever virus or easedropper/keystroke counter would very easily bepassed along as they download what is on the drone and attempt to work with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I was wondering if this thing has a tracking device in it?

Could it be letting the us locate secret or hidden facilities.

Or mat be mapping key locations for guided munitions.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Oh, I'm not saying it was his idea. Most likely it was Petraeus (who is a certified military genius). But Obama would have known.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Eh... I don't think they were too far along in their drone tech prior to this.
Iranian drone

new topics

top topics

join