It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[DrJim] The Co-ordinates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i searched ducky adobe, came up with this,
i can not change anything on my com so someone
who has whats on the page or can download it,
should see if it helps., here's the page :
www.albany.edu...
mabye theres somethig you can find here that will help with the pic,
i searched the guy the made the "mouse attack", thing for ranger426
www.groovylizard.com...

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Fiorina 161]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Big Bend coordinates

the coordinates are big bend itself.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Xay,

Interesting find, there are three HIghways that are in the area of the map. Although, you can enter any number along with the word "big bend" in Google and Mapquest and Yahoo pick up the big bend word and display a map for that city.

Might be something, might not.

Misc big bend # search

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Kellter]

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Kellter]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xayden
Big Bend coordinates

the coordinates are big bend itself.

Not quite...I tried your search with 41 7444 instead and got the same hit.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hmmmmm...well i'm stumped for now. I will re-work numbers and such in my head and then get back to work on it around noon.

Though i did have one thought. Since this is an ats game, you would have to think that Simon and the rest of the big dogs would know that not everyone has Photoshop. In order to make this a game that everyone on ATS can play they would need something everyons can do.

Thus EVERYONE on ATS has a browser, so everyone can play. I think when we start looking for hidden things in the photos we are getting off track. They will simply not be there because not eveyone has a program to edit them with. We should Focus on the math of the numbers and the Dr Jim site. I beleive that is our key. Though I could be wrong of course, Simon can be sneeky.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ok I think my photoshop went crazy.
image 1
Screenshot from 2 days ago

image 1
Screenshot from today

same pixels different numbers.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
omg I think I know why its different
I copy from the page then I goto photoshop, I say "new" and then "paste" But if I copy the image to my disk then "open" it, the RGB numbers are diffferent!
so I checked again and cutwolf's numbers (first ones) seem to be right.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
these? 129-108-151 ???

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pennyforyourthoughts
It's supposed to be
three numbers at coordinate 417/333

my guesses:

108 97 131 RGB from picture 1 pixel 417/333

129 108 151 RGB from picture 3 pixel 417/333

1 2 5 from 417/333=1.252252252252

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ok, I may have or have not come up with something. I have been known to have very thought out answer that were actually too thought out but worked, yet were not right... ha ha ha But, here it goes. Well, the Pic 3 is the one I think we use, because it is the one posted on the site. well, I decided to add the numbers together.

Well, 129+108+151 = 388

Next, I went to thread 388. Well is it a coincidence that it is titled: Build your own UFO...??

I did not look at all the links. You guys know this better than I so, Iwill let you decide on them. But, move down the page to a user called quaneeri. Now, look at his avatar. Could this be the document you are looking for?

It is probably nothing, but I think you are looking for another document right? It all seems to fit. But, like I said, during the rings hunt I seemed to do this alot. You would know better as you know more of what is happening here.

I hope it does help though.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That doc is unreadable. I just zoomed in in photoshop. Just a bunch of blurs.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
That doc is unreadable. I just zoomed in in photoshop. Just a bunch of blurs.

Does the name of the picture mean anything to you?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Nothing off the top of my head

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
JC is talking about this?:

[ats14202_][ that part is mine.]
from here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

*so lost* *reading intell my eyes fall out * *so lost*

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Fiorina 161]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
4 hours tonight working on this and nada...I'm considering giving up. There's no structure here. We don't know if the coordinates refer to a map, a webpage, a picture...and we don't even know what to do with the numbers when we get them.

*sigh*

It's almost pointless to continue trying because it is going to come down to a "Look what I stumbled upon!" rather than true sleuthing.

I could be wrong, but that's what this seems like.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think the numbers are the keys for the image names. The image names have a definite structure to them and I could only guess that the image names are there for something. It's the only strong point that existed when hunt_admin said you have the right idea.

When the keys are solved, I think they are to be used in BTS.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I've tried every thing I could think of with the file names.

And when I said no structure, I meant no structure in the sense that there is nothing that says"Well, these coordinates refer to a file..." or nothing that even hints at where we should be looking (files, RGB, FTPs, etc). It's all guessing.

For example, I come up with the numbers "5 10 6" (4+1, 7+3, 3+3), yet I have no way of testing if those numbers are right because I have no clue what I should even attempt to do with them.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Most of the time in the Rings hunt, we felt the same way. But, it usually was always something obvious that we were overlooking. You have definate clues out there I am sure. You have probably just over looked something and it is probably something obvious too. I have not really read through alot and am just trying to help come up with some ideas, so mine may not be structured. Now, you should be sleuthing as there are definate clues. You are the ones that have been around, this is how detectives have to do it. Take what you got and think about it. Sometimes it is good to take a few hours away from it all listen to music, take a walk, watch tv or something to clear your head. Then come back and see if you see things differently. These are meant to be hard and it will take alot of brainpower to solve.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Who is good at math? Not me!! Also i'm not sure how many or which set of numbers are
being worked with.

How To Convert a Decimal to Sexagesimal
geography.about.com...

Might be worth a try,
Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think the numbers are either 177 or 117

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join