It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When the Animal League rescued Holly, a young mixed-breed dog, she had suffered horrific trauma and abuse -- she had allegedly been thrown from a car, hit by another car, and left to die. She also had a string tightly tied around her paw almost causing it to need amputation.

My question is why? Look at this dogs sweet face, how could any entity I won't even call them human do this. And they call dogs beast!

Could someone please out there explain to me how anyone could look at this poor little dog's face and do what they did to her?

I simply do not, cannot understand or fathom mankind's inhumanity towards such a innocent creature.

We are a species capable of such wonderful and intelligent things and yet there are those among us that can actually do this type of thing.

Please, I feel like I'm from another planet, I simply cannot wrap my brain around how any "human" could do this?

www.animalleague.org...

North Shore Animal League America
25 Davis Avenue
Port Washington, NY 11050
(516) 883.7575
edit on 28-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Because people are A*****ES!! And have no respect for how precious all life is...

People who abuse animals should be punished for their ignorance...

And i would gladly volenteer to do the punishing

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

People do this to animals for the same reason why they mock me for being a vegan: aloofness and APATHY

It's easy to cause pain and suffering to creatures that you think you are so superior to.

Before you next bite into a nice juicy steak, watch a couple videos on how the industrial meat farming facilities treat animals, and this story will pale in comparison.

I'm not trying to deride anyone, just to spread knowledge and a bit more compassion that might come from that knowledge.

edit on 28-12-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

A couple of years ago I was on my way home from school when I saw a dog tied to a fence with a wire. It looked hurt so I asked some people if they knew what had happened to it and they told me that it was hit by a car and tied by the owner to the fence, who then went away.

The dog had been there for hours and no one came back for her so I untied her and took her to the vet. I didn't have any money on me to pay for the vet so I begged her to check the dog, I even offered to leave my phone as a token so she knew I'd be back the next day with money. She said I could come by the next day with money and proceeded to run tests on the dog.

It had a broken hip and was going to need treatment and shots and help with going to the bathroom. I said I would take care of it and told her to write the dog down as mine. (I named it Daisy). I called home to tell them what had happened and my grandpa said he didn't want another dog and got very angry and yelled at me. I cried so much, there was no way I was leaving the little one on the street again so I decided to take Daisy home anyway and face the music later.

No bus would let me ride with an injured dog so I had to walk 2 miles home under a scorching sun with my newly acquired pet.

When I got home and was in the shower, my dad told me that my pet's real owner had come by. I couldn't believe it! They had left it injured, tied to a fence with a really tight wire on the neck and abandoned her and now they wanted it back?! I refused to give her back, but father said it was their dog (they had gotten my name and address from the vet) and they had to take her away.

I told the owner to take very good care of her and NEVER abandon her the way they had done that afternoon. She was really embarrassed and promised she would. I never saw Daisy again, but I hope she has a good life.

I don't know what makes people hurt animals or abandon them. It breaks my heart. I just hope that some people have a change of heart like it happened with Daisy's owner and come back for their pets and love them the way they deserve.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

I haven't had steak or hamburger in about five years.

I do have a small piece of chicken (free range, visited the farm in my state) and sometimes Wild Salmon.

Glad you are Vegan, most commendable.

I tried for two years and my doctor said even with rice and beans that my blood tests came back I was low in protein and should have some animal protein.

I try to keep it to a minimum.

I have never eaten a baby animal, like veal or calf.

I don't eat cows, pigs, sheep.

Drink Soy milk.

The farm where we get our chicken from is a free range, organic farm and they seem like a decent couple - they supervise the slaughtering of their chickens and say "it's humane".

A good book for people to read is Slaughterhouse by Gail A Eisnitz.

I have chicken or fish maybe twice a week so my protein consumption is minimal.

Star for you being Vegan.

I still don't understand - this was a case of not needing food / protein.

This was a act of pure hatred, pure evilness.

Still don't understand.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation - I pray I don't come back here.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Well, your story made me cry but gave me hope.

You sound like a very nice person.

I won't comment on your grandpa.

People tend to not change, but Daisy will remember at least one human that was kind to her.

Adopt - Spay - Neuter

Never support a pet shop they buy from puppy mills.

Any dog or cat that has you as it's companion will be very fortunate I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I have no idea why or how any one could do these things.
It upsets me more than anything, makes me cry and im a 35 yr man.

There was a story over Christmas in my country
www.skynews.com.au...
It's different in the fact that the woman in my link had a crazy moment and lost control, the monster from your link was methodical and planned.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

With your cute avatar and reply (they both fit together so nicely) you did give me a chuckle for a few minutes.

Thank you for lightening my heart.

Star for your post and happy holidays.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Don't let the kitty fool you my friend...

He has claws... especially when it comes to defending those that can't defend themselves.

Kitty turns into a lion..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
awww, ads like that get to me.
if I had oodles of money I'd open a horse/goat rescue.
1 of my dogs is a rescue of abandonment in a gravel pit.
the other I got from the neighbor. It's hard NOT to take in all the drop offs around here.
people are just cruel sometimes. heartless.
I have a sun conure that is more or less a rescue parrot
the other parrot had a broken leg in the nest so she's kind of a rescue too. not many people want a parrot with a broken leg.
I take in what I can, I've even taken chickens in that were drop offs.
like you said, spay or neuter, there is no excuse. and if you aren't ready to take it on for life then dont take it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Well, your story made me cry but gave me hope.

You sound like a very nice person.

I won't comment on your grandpa.

The thing with my grandpa is that he loves animals so much that doesn't want to see them suffer. He's had lots of pets and took very good care of them all, most of them had been abandoned and he took them in. But when they eventually died, he got so sad! So he came to believe it was best for him not to have any more pets so he wouldn't get his heart broken any more.

He's a very good man, raised me and my siblings and every single pet we brought home (and they were MANY, believe me). I'm pretty sure that after the initial shock went away he would have loved Daisy very much, like it happened with our other pets. We always joke about how he's like our mama duck and we're all his ducklings because we (kids and pets) follow him everywhere!

I hope people don't think bad of him for his reaction to the news about Daisy, because I know he would have loved her and taken good care of her had the real owner not shown up.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I understand now - sorry I misjudged him.

I should have realized with you sounding like such a good, gentle soul that someone had to instill that within you.

And I know, I'm 58, 59 next month and I've had five dogs, three cats and am now down to my last dog, a rescue.

I have four urns in my closet and a couple graves in our back yard.

Our previous dog we had for 15 years, Odie was 18-19 years old when he died. We rescued another Pointer just recently.

Picture below is of our previous dog, Odie, a rescue who we had for 15 years. This was the last time him and my grand daughter were together.

Odie's ashes will be mixed with mine.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Wow, that made me cry

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well in honor of Odie's death we adopted another rescue, a six year old (now 7 October 22nd) Pointer that was in a high kill shelter but rescued by PointerRescue.org.

Be advised, Pointers need a lot of supervision, a fenced in back yard and a 3-4 mile walk every single day, rain or shine.

But because of Odie's death, another dog got a forever home.

And she is treated very well.

Do not support pet shops because they buy from puppy mills which my Lucy pumped out puppies for. Rescue - Spay and Neuter.

Lucy was a older dog but hey, older, she is calmer, perfectly potty broke, very very nice dog, a real treasure. She is so sweet.

I only hope we have her around a long time.

So many dogs need to be adopted.

Lucy was a puppy mill rescue so she was not socialized, we had to gain her trust slowly - but it is worth it. Every day she comes out of her shell more and more. She is truly a wonderful being.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thank you from my very heart to those that responded.

We had Odie for 15 years so I feel as if I have lost a child.

Sounds silly, but he was a real character - his own person.

He understoood a lot of what we said. So he could even spell.

Very intelligent dog.

So is Lucy.

I don't think we fully understand how intelligent dogs are.

They have chosen to live alone side of us for tens (or more) thousands of years. We start to talk about 'dogs' and Lucy's ears perk up.............she realizes we are talking about her species.

Dogs are a lot smarter than you think.

And they are loyal, with none of the human faults.

Again, my own opinion.

Want a true, loyal friend that won't betray you or decide to leave you because you lost that big money job - get a dog. They love you just for being you.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I can't even watch the TV when its showing the animals that have been abused and abanduned
I just cry and cry and then I get MAD! People that do these horrid acts need to be locked away for life but not only that but tortured as they have done to an innocent living thing that cannot defend itself. My answer to your question, The people that can do these kind of things are Monsters. Heartless, Cruel Monsters. That I hope will get what's coming for their actions one day, if not in this life than in the next.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Ops4Ops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

This is going to sound really off the wall but I'm just trying to think outside the box.

I'm also not saying I believe absolutely my next statement is true............although look at my ATS name, I did not choose it lightly - that and my location, I gave great thought to.

PERHAPS, again not positively, but MAYBE just because someone looks human, walks and talks human ie: Homo sapien, doesn't necessarily mean they have a human soul????

Watch "Invasion of The Body Snatchers" (minus the cheesy pods, the original one from the 50's) and watch John Carpenter's "They Live".

The MF of all conspiracies that I SUSPECT (Notice I didn't say absolutely know because I have no physical proof)...............maybe some of us walking around, while looking human, aren't.

Many invading countries on Earth in the past assimilated their conquered by mixing their DNA with their own (rape).

Another interesting book is "The Threat" by David Jacobs.

www.4shared.com...

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how anyone that is truly human could do something so horrendous, but here we are look at Africa, The Middle East, animals, even what goes on in our work places, the head games, the back stabbing, the smiling at you and wishing you a good morning and 30 minutes later that same person that smiled at you is talking badly about you behind your back.

Don't know why?

Sometimes I wonder if I really am from this planet because many things that human beings seem to allow should not be allowed.

Why?

Have no idea.

My heart goes out the most to children and animals because they have no rights, no voice and it is often the way of nature I guess for the strong to over power and vanquish the weak.

If you have to hunt to eat to survive that is one thing.

But for pleasure or "sport" or entertainment?????

Again, have no idea, because to me, hurting another living being and I am guilty as well (ignorance not forethought) is very sad.

My own thought is that those that are the cruelest are often scared little children inside. A part of their soul is either missing, deformed or not fully developed.

“In order to get power and retain it, it is necessary to love power; but love of power is not connected with goodness but with qualities that are the opposite of goodness, such as pride, cunning and cruelty” - Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

On a positive note: this quote is from His Holiness The Dalai Lama: We humans have existed in our present form for about a hundred thousand years. I believe that if during this time the human mind had been primarily controlled by anger and hatred, our overall population would have decreased. But today, despite all our wars, we find that the human population is greater than ever. This clearly indicates to me that love and compassion predominate in the world. And this is why unpleasant events are "news"; compassionate activities are so much a part of daily life that they are taken for granted and , therefore, largely ignored.

I like this site: rudyh.org...

edit on 19-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join