It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli female soldier accosted for rebuffing Haredi bus segregation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The situation is getting intolerable for women in Israel.
Doron Matalon reminds me Rosa Park which I have nothing but respect for.

Jerusalem resident Doron Matalon says ultra-Orthodox man, 45, chided her for not moving to back of bus, calling her 'gentile' and 'prostitute.'

According to the soldier, Doron Matalon, a 45-year-old man asked her to move to the back of the bus, threatening her, and calling her "prostitute." "I didn't want to move back, both on principle and because there wasn't any room. It's always stuffy and disgusting in the back," Matalon said, adding that "everything was fine, I was almost at my stop, and then the conductors came on." At that point, the IDF soldier said, the ultra-Orthodox man chastised a woman who had come over to the front of the bus to have her ticket checked, saying: "You don't have to come up front to check your ticket, a woman shouldn't move to this side of the bus."

"And then he turned to me," Matalon said, and said 'you too soldier, move back, and then he called me a prostitute." According to the IDF soldier, the man was soon joined by other religious men in the bus, who proceeded to yell out "prostitute," and "Shikse "(gentile woman). Matalon said that at that point she "felt threatened and a huge commotion began. I yelled out for the conductor to come quick, and two male conductors rushed in. They pushed him away from me and said: 'Why are you shouting, she's a soldier,' but he continued to be abusive."

NATIONAL POST

HAARETZ
edit on 28-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is why we don't have peace on the middle east. We have discrimination among religious groups and sexes.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I remember reading a thread here awhile ago about muslim girls not being able to go to school, something like that.

Well there were a few members who were frothing at the mouth , bulging neck veins, at this injustice.

I wonder if they will show up?

Somehow I doubt it.

Me , I think all children should be able to be schooled, anybody should be able to ride were ever they want on a bus.

But different cultures have different believes, and neither deserved to have their countries destroyed over them.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Tw0Sides because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I thought it was the Muslims only that hated
women.....

Good find, don't hear much out of the ordinary citizenry of Israel

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
'Women's exclusion threatens Israel'

The fight against radical religious elements' demand to exclude women from the public sphere in Israel has captured the attention of the Arab media, as major media outlets in the Arab world have begun covering it extensively.
On Wednesday, Al-Hayat – a London-based Arabic-language newspaper widely considered as one of the most influential publications in the world – dedicated its front page to none other than the mass anti-segregation rally held in Beit Shemesh on Tuesday.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
women.....

Most religions unfortunately has some misogyny...
Christianity, Judaism, Islam....

Even a great philosopher like Nietzsche was a women hater,,,,

Nietzsche
Friedrich Nietzsche stated that every higher form of civilization implied stricter controls on women (Beyond Good and Evil, 7:238). He frequently insulted women, and is known to have said "Women are less than shallow," and "Are you going to women? Do not forget the whip!"[39] Whether or not this amounts to misogyny, whether his polemic statements against women are meant to be taken literally, and the exact nature of his opinions of women, are controversial

Islams misogyny has just been VERY present in the media and it's been magnified a lot because of it
, in my humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
women.....

Here's another example of the excesses of the ultra orthodox (nutbars) in Israel today:

Crying and spat on, plight of girl, 7, mobilises Israelis against extremists www.independent.co.uk... l

...and the accompanying thread...www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-12-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Actually there's been backlash from people in Israel about this.

I happened to have seen this story on BBC not long before looking at this thread.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Extremists from ANY religion are no good.

Hopefully there will be more demonstrations.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
This is why we don't have peace on the middle east. We have discrimination among religious groups and sexes.

I couldn't agree more. It isn't just that each of the major religions is at various stages of war with each other in that region, but the sects within each major religion are at each other's throats a layer further. When the cork finally blows clear off the bottle over there, we don't want to be anywhere near the combatants. Any of them.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
GET IN THE BACK OF THE TANK!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I would like the following to be taken as serious as you can.

This guy on this bus belongs on Meds, and a straight jacket.

Frankly, anyone that subscribes to this "religion" delusion, should be segregated, divided by severity, then dealt with accordingly!

I have this anger over this.... I wish she would have grabbed the top rails swung back, kicking this mentally unstable mans face, out the back of his head!

I watched the video of that 8yr old little girl, that is terrified to walk to school because of these dirty, hairy abominations.

Are they so devolved, that they cant see the woman's skin without having animal reactions?

It has become extremely obvious that extremist Muslim and extremist Jews will NEVER be able to fit in with modern society. Lets bag em up, put them on an island and give them lethal weapons.

I hope and wish daily, that one of these dirty little creeps, with the greasy tuffs of hair would do this in front of me... please please please let this be my new year wish....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suibom1974
It has become extremely obvious that extremist Muslim and extremist Jews will NEVER be able to fit in with modern society. Lets bag em up, put them on an island and give them lethal weapons.

Let's not leave out the fundamentalists of other religions who use their faith as a self-imposed moral bludgeon. Face it...these clowns, and the Phred Phelps are the ones who make the news. It is never the gentle folk who find strength in their faiths who go viral.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Let a few of those IDF women handle this up close and personal.
The Israeli military training is top notch, instead of calling for a conducter, she could have just given him a nice jab in the throat and let him sit there quietly and try to breathe for the rest of the trip.

I know answering aggression with violence only antagonizes the situation, but sometimes bullies only understand one thing, and they have to run up against a better person before they learn some respect.

I say, put some IDF women randomly around on busses, and let them stand up for themselves, and let them stand as examples to would-be bullies, and also for other women on how to stand up for themselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Come on now .. WTF We are in 2012 .. and discrimination still happen .. thats disgusting
hope that IDF woman told that stoupid guy to STHU or be arrested

i think in the past people of black color in the USA were having the same discrimination
to sit down in the back of the bus

EVERYONE IS EGUAL
people who dont respect dont diserve any respect
the guy should be the one sitting in the back
i would punish him that way if i was the idf female soldier
edit on 12/29/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

The Jewish "Taliban" which is only a small sect in Israel should either put up or shut up - better still, get their own private buses.

Whats even more disturbing is their confrontation with female IDF officers when this small sect don't do IDF service yet they enjoy the protection of the IDF 24/7. Secondly, this ultra ultra orthodox sect creams off the Israeli tax payer and barely puts anything back in to the Israeli economy.

This particular sect of Jews are probably the most incredibly depraved and abusive Jews I've ever encountered myself.

Although they have always caused problems but what has suddenly set them off even more so in the past few years I don't know - but this sect is getting worse.

top topics

join