It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Scanners at the Airport, and medical conditions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I didnt know where to post this, so I figured, when in doubt, put it where it stinks. With this said, I have been having these pains in my side, near my appendix. I went to the doctors, and he sort of just said I'd know if I had an appendix issue. Skip forward to litterally 5 minutes ago, I walked through a body scanner at the airport, and I had a blip on my scan, on my lower back, at the exact location of my pain. Can body scanners pick up medical issues? The guy said, "woop, we got something." I responded with, "well what is it?". He replied, "its your back.". Then allowed me to proceed. Im baffled. Does anyone know how these things work? What could it have picked up? I swear, the little yellow square was exactly where my pain is. Any thoughts?
edit on 28-12-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Have you had any lost-time experiences like alleged abducted people claim? How big was the square in relative size?
edit on 28-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

relative size.. Uh.. Hard to tell.. Size of a credit card? Perhaps.. Only lost time I have had were 2 concussions.. One was for 20 minutes on a snow covered mountain.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That would be a WTH moment. Bumpity to see what the fambly comes up with.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I didnt know where to post this, so I figured, when in doubt, put it where it stinks. With this said, I have been having these pains in my side, near my appendix. I went to the doctors, and he sort of just said I'd know if I had an appendix issue. Skip forward to litterally 5 minutes ago, I walked through a body scanner at the airport, and I had a blip on my scan, on my lower back, at the exact location of my pain. Can body scanners pick up medical issues? The guy said, "woop, we got something." I responded with, "well what is it?". He replied, "its your back.". Then allowed me to proceed. Im baffled. Does anyone know how these things work? What could it have picked up? I swear, the little yellow square was exactly where my pain is. Any thoughts?

Don't want to scare you, but the scanners are low powered X-rays, and you may have a tumor.

You SHOULD have it looked at, and insist an x-ray of your entire torso. Appendicitis can also be rulled out by the XRay, although, a blood test should be ordered to test for higher than normal enzymes (resulting from the infected organ)

An Xray will show an inflamed appendix.

The TSA people at the airport are NOT permitted to indicate a medical issue. They are not physicians, and could be sued for practicing without a license. Kinda like I am right now, LOL.

Oh, and change doctors. Your doctor is obviously a quack. Appendicitis can be acute or chronic. You dont necessarily have to be bending over in pain to be diagnosed with a flared appendix. My mother nearly died when I was 10 because the quack at the ER was too lazy to run the needed tests, and sent her home for "GAS" problems. Yeah, her appendix ruptured, and she came within hours of death as a result.

edit on 28-12-2011 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

top topics

join