It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anon., Draws a Line in the Sand and Calls For .......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Action planned for 3rd Jan:

www.youtube.com...#!

This sounds real scary what do others think - will this be just another short lived Protest?

I've noticed this group has been hitting Main Stream News more often lately and wonder just how much of a threat they really are?

Also - Is this really their Video - it comes across a bit different to their others in particular the sound quality and intro but I guess they can change it at will.

Anyway just thought I'd bring it to your attention -
edit on 28-12-2011 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ive said it before, and I will say it again, they are a FRONT!!!! PERIOD!!!! If you tube shuts down accounts at the governments will, WHY would they not take this garbage down? This "group" has not even stopped short as declaring war in a terroristic manner from day one. Notice, thay NEVER take down their youtube accounts. This is a governmental agency, be it CIA, Mossad, or whatever. This will give them all the reason they need to take down the internet. I still cant believe how people dont see this

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Anon defends freedom of speech on the internet and is a from of digital protest and democracy...

Sharing information is paramount in the information age and people deserve to have access to information in order to make informed opinions...

If the government shuts down the internet.. Shut down the government...

edit on 28-12-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Have they actually made a difference yet? Have they promised big but delivered small?

Anon drawing a line in the sand is like the Three Stooges erasing the first line and moving it back each time they're called out.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Use on of the following twitter icons during Operation Blackout Twitter Op on Nov. 5th through Dec. 30th. Or use your default icon or create your own.

imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
edit on 28-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
How does anyone know if any Anon message is truly legitimate from the group known as ANONYMOUS?

Hasn't there been several "false flags" and copy cats?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

You make a good point here. But there is surely other groups that stir up the public in similar ways - Are they still producing vids? I don't know.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I always think the same -

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Anon is grass roots in origin and has grown organically over the years. I dont get how you can think a group that was spawned from kids in image chat rooms can be classified as a government #op.
After Wikileaks was taken down by the US government with an illegal denial of service attack Anon helped mirror over 1000 WL sites.
When the Arab spring was kicking off it was Anon members among others that helped get information out of Tunisia onto alternative news sights weeks before they were putting in mainstream news. When the internet was turned off in Egypt peeps were faxing ISP telephone and logins so that people could still get information out. Messages were sent out the country by morse code picked up and converted into twitter streams.

Why would you consider that to be the work of the government. Western governments never wanted Tunisia and Egypt to fall they done there best to stop them. It is online democracy a very hard idea to hijack.

PS Anon have in the past hit youtube,,,, They have not been exempt from attack.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

The one I think of off the top of my head, is dutchsinse. He never even threatened anybody, he just tried finding truth.
They quickly took his account off youtube.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Dutch Since is still on U-Tube as far as I know.

Here's todays:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You make some convincing points for sure and this is the way I used to think too but I'm beginning to wonder - when I see that they don't always come up with the goods.

As for Western Govs., not wanting Tunisia and Egypt to Fall - I completely disagree - it is exactly what they wanted.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

I've noticed this group has been hitting Main Stream News more often lately and wonder just how much of a threat they really are?

Threat?

That depends on which "anonymous" you're dealing with.

Anyone, any group, agency, government etc. can be Anonymous.

Which is why in some cases you have claims of responsibility, and denials of involvement.

It is also why "they" are so illusive, because the professionals and state sponsored uses of "anonymous" as a front and scapegoat are perfect cover.

Chances are that when there are highly sophisticated, well planned and orchestrated attacks, hacks etc, that it does not involve the known "collective" and can at times have truly sinister motives and agendas.

Hey, you asked.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The blinking red dot over the center figure's heart area is confusing me. Sniper scope?
Why would they do this in the video? It doesn't make sense. It couldn't be a error during the video's design. If it was, you'd think they'd remove it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by purplemer

You make some convincing points for sure and this is the way I used to think too but I'm beginning to wonder - when I see that they don't always come up with the goods.

As for Western Govs., not wanting Tunisia and Egypt to Fall - I completely disagree - it is exactly what they wanted.

I dont think they did want Tunisia to fall. It attocites were being covered for about two weeks before the MSM decided to focus on it.. If they wanted the country to fall they would have been all over that story.

In Egypt. President Obama refused to ask for Murabak to step down. He waited well past the point of return before he asked.. They never wanted the man to go. He was allowing cheap gas to Israel and facilitated the blockade with Palestine. The blocked has now falling and it looks like Muslim coalition is going to gain power. Not what they wanted.

Contrast this to Libya. As soon as it started kicking off there the news was all over it and the rebels were given a central bank as soon as fighting started.

No Egypt and Tunisia are were already part of the banking empire. Libya was not...

and you are right they do not always come out with the goods. They are operations and there success depends on how many people are involved. It is democracy online. Regardless there are a lot of people out there trying very hard and a lot of the work that is done never makes mainstream news..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by quedup

Anon defends freedom of speech on the internet and is a from of digital protest and democracy...

Sharing information is paramount in the information age and people deserve to have access to information in order to make informed opinions...

Perhaps you would care to share your Social Security number and credit card numbers here. That is what Anon is doing. If you support them, that is a good way to show it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Perhaps you would care to share your Social Security number and credit card numbers here. That is what Anon is doing. If you support them, that is a good way to show it

Is that what Anon is doing. I have never seen the Anon collective putting the public's credit card details online.. That is not what Anon do..

If you are referring to the Stratfor attack, Anon are denying it was them... A a general rule Anon do not hit news sights..

Stratfor is an open source intelligence agency, publishing daily reports on data collected from the open internet. Hackers claiming to be Anonymous have distorted this truth in order to further their hidden agenda, and some Anons have taken the bait.

The leaked client list represents subscribers to a daily publication which is the primary service of Stratfor. Stratfor analysts are widely considered to be extremely unbiased. Anonymous does not attack media sources. In this excerpt from Time, there is a brief description of how Stratfor analysts uncovered a possible US backed coup in Iraq preceding the US invasion

http:///8yrwyNkt

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
How does anyone know if any Anon message is truly legitimate from the group known as ANONYMOUS?

Hasn't there been several "false flags" and copy cats?

Right, I wonder the same. How we can confirm 100% (before january 3), that message is legit.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I wonder, will folks hit the streets Jan 3rd and in how many numbers. Whether or not you support this Group/s - they make valid points.

Many people really have had enough of their rights being stripped away and are afraid of the future and what is next.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If you are under the name "Anon", "Anonymous", "Anonymoose" you are part of Anon, regardless of the "original Anon". There is no "original group". There is groups such as LulzSec but there is no way to dignify anyone as the real Anon. That is the whole point of the anonymity.

Someone who is anonymous is "Anonymous".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join