It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK is exiting the EURO - has the penny dropped yet?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
reply to post by Ixtab

LOL i'm a trader, so i do understand economics, but thanks anyway. High? umm, sorry i don't do or need drugs to fulfill my life. In terms of empire i was stating military might and length of time the empire was held before it collapsed, not by square miles hehe. Anyway this thread is not a history thread, but a discussion based on real news and it's potential implications if the directive is executed.

Quit with the flaming, your exposing your age and level of maturity by the way you comment.

No disrespect intended but, you turned it into a history lesson when you told him that he should have paid more attention in class.

Just saying..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

this is true *bell rings for end of history class* next on the timetable, Economics!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The Assyrian Empire was the largest in history
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

LOL

Anyway, now that you have had a chance to learn something about history, im curious to know, maybe you can teach me something about economics.

What markets do you trade in?, who do you trade for and what do you think exterminating our largest Import/Export partner will do to the Markets you operate in?

edit on 28-12-2011 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

I don't know what to make of your rambling, sarcastic response.

I was referring to the millions of people that have entered the UK since the expansion of the EU in 2004. It's a strain on space and resources, and creates yet more cultural and social division in the country.

Combine this with the legal immigrants here before 2004, and the not insignificant amount of illegal immigrants - it all becomes too much...

I'm not sure why you mentioned the diversity of the British Empire. It has nothing to do with the thread. I suppose you missed the point and make a knee-jerk response.

Finally, if you're going to act superior at least use standard English grammar. It just doesn't work without it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

What strain has it caused?

Apart from an over inflated sense of ultra-nationalism of course.

The point was immigration, illegal or otherwise is not a new thing to Britain, it has been happening for several hundred years, largely down to the fact we are the mother nation for the largest empire known to history. However ever since the economic troubles it has now become popular to blame foreign people. That argument is idiotic in the extreme and nothing but cheap xenophobia
edit on 28-12-2011 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

my institution and instruments i wont divulge, but, remember in trading we can profit from good and bad news, so market direction means little to us. Trading is very different from gambling, gambling you are betting on an unknown end with no calculations. Trading, it all looks chaotic, but there is method, rule and calculations that allow us to "most" of the time profit, be it fundamental(news) or technical(calculations) analysis. If trading was not predictable then the system would not be used worldwide to float global economies.

we traders do have a downside though, traders can profit from good and bad news, our banks will profit from this, but our trading on bad news technically worsens things (more profit) normal businesses take gambles on generating more sales or clients to make more money, whereas traders can bet the opposite against that company if we know that they are likely to make the wrong business decision , we profit, they call in the administrators(maybe), unfair yes, but its business.

hehe here come all the flames and derogatory comments!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Dont know about everyone else but i would have been withdrawing my money out of UK yesterday.That would give new meaning to grand larceny,wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

For the UK to survive leaving the EU as a member, the UK must re-learn to export more than it imports, i.e we import more meat than we export, for example. currently we outsource many commodities we once provided, this is because of businesses making cost cutting efforts and outsourcing the task, but the UK then takes a smaller chunk of the profit each time we outsource, one company outsourcing may improve profits and allow expansion, but many businesses outsourcing causes the majority of profit to be overseas in emerging economies, this then causes our GDP/inflation/taxation/property prices/consumer prices to rise continuously, this shuns any potential foreign investors.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

What markets do you trade in? Spot markets like the foreign exchange, the NBP?, futures markets?, what?

And again what affect do you think cutting our main Export/Import partner will have on UK markets?, being a trader you should have a fair idea?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Go for it Home boy!
We'll just keep blaming the immigrants.
Hahahahaha

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Close the door, kick out the bloody Polish (and whoever else that is taking British jobs from British workers), and let Britain become great again. Somebody said earlier about getting export back up to above import level, I fully agree.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

The eurozone wont die, just its currency and the old infrastructure its based upon, the euro will be dumped for a new currency that envelopes a complete fiscal,legal,social and political union. in my opinion thats how it should have been from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

a little harsh, we are all mongrels here! but maybe the £9.8 billion annually landing in polish banks.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

So what markets do you trade in again?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Assyrian Empire 911-612 BC, percent of world land area: 0.94%

In comparison:

Parthian Empire, 247 BC-224 AD, max world land area 1.88%
Byzantine Empire, 395-1453 AD, 2.35%
Seleucid Empire, 312-63 BC, 2.62%
Ottoman Empire, 1299-1923 AD, 3.49%
Khanate of the Golden Horde, 1241-1502 AD, 4.03%
Roman Empire, 27 BC-476 AD, 4.36%
Han Dynasty, 206 BC-220 AD, 4.36%
Ming Dynasty, 1368-1644 AD, 4.36%
Tang Dynasty, 618-907 AD, 7.45%
Abbasid Caliphate, 750-1519 AD, 7.45%
Qing Dynasty, 1644-1912 AD, 9.87%
Spanish Empire, 1516-1899 AD, 13.43%
Russian Empire, 1721-1917 AD, 15.91%
The British Empire, 1583-1997 AD, 22.63%
(note depending on the scholar, other end dates have also been chosen and it could be argued with the Queen as head of state of the Commonwealth, the Empire technically still exists)

edit on 28/12/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The UK out of Europe is the greatest thing for England and Great Britain as a whole and those who don't agree do not have a clue as to what they are speaking of.,

Pro England and Great Britain is about to be a new shining light.

We do not need the Germans, come on look at their history NAZIs, Germany is and always will be under Nazi rule. They will never really change and the French the most arrogant inferior nation who think big but are just a pest and nuisance to the world. They have held England / Great Britain back at every turn. Every time Britain wished to do something they shout "Eruo Law" at us.

England never liked the Germans or the French and let us now let it be heard.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
Ok, this is my thoughts over George Osbourne's announcement today of the UK's contingency plan for a Euro currency collapse.

Just to fill those who aren't aware yet, the UK announced today that in the event of a Euro collapse they would close the UK's borders to all Europeans, A lot of Euro money is deposited within the UK's banking infrastructure, to protect the UK from the collapse( breathing space more like) Europeans will not be able to make withdrawals. In other words, if the UK executes this plan, it's no longer their money and now ours.

The juicy bit - the UK's contingency plan violates EU law and EU constitution, Europeans can freely travel the to UK, open bank accounts, deposit money, withdraw money, buy investments etc..., saying they will close the borders means = immediate pull out of the EU when they execute this contingency plan, in the words of Jimmy Cricket " there's more, come closer!" , The UK publicly announced this, the EU now know what our game is, Europeans are about to start traveling to the UK for the purpose of money withdrawal, if money starts to disappear, the UK will execute the contingency plan, with immediate, un-warned affect. This will cause mass outrage within the EU, The UK will most likely be thrown out, or we will announce on executing the contingency plan, our EU exit.

If European investments stay in our banks, my bet is we will pull out as the UK has clearly but indirectly announced by around 8 weeks from parity call. But if Europeans start making withdrawals from today, we'll be out of the EU before the end of January. I'm amazed the political analyst's and financial analyst's have not come to this conclusion yet!

UK , start proudly waving your flags!

edit on 28-12-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: typoooo....

So its a winning situation for England, you guys get your balls back. I'm happy for you

Better enjoy that soverignty and the next time one of your politicians decides to get you involved in those shenanigans, thats what tar and feathers are for.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

great idea. Working in the UK for an aerospace company, 80% of the people are non-British due to the severe lack of skilled people in my field.. The company goes a great length to bribe people from other countries to come and work for us, yet we are in a very delicate situation , having trouble to deliver for our other foreign partners we are working for . The company should just cut ties with the partners ( from 2 EU countries) and should send about 80% of their staff at home. How exactly will this help the economy? Also I noticed, most of your medical staff is foreign, kick them out too !

Your idea could work however this would require a lot of time and preparation to develop the new skills on a local fashion. And this takes time. A change of culture, most of the young people go for art , photography, history, journalism and so on. Nothing wrong with this but you cant sustain an economy if most of the young people do just this !

Sending the Eastern Europeans back will be over-all good for us in Eastern Europe. We would solve some major demographic problems we face (rapid aging of population) , we get our skilled work-force back and prince Charles does not qualify to own lands in Transylvania ( by constitution, we allow to EU citizens only , to buy and own lands in Romania). Win win situation !

edit on 28-12-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The UK out of Europe is the greatest thing for England and Great Britain as a whole and those who don't agree do not have a clue as to what they are speaking of., Pro England and Great Britain is about to be a new shining light. We do not need the Germans, come on look at their history NAZIs, Germany is and always will be under Nazi rule. They will never really change and the French the most arrogant inferior nation who think big but are just a pest and nuisance to the world. They have held England / Great Britain back at every turn. Every time Britain wished to do something they shout "Eruo Law" at us. England never liked the Germans or the French and let us now let it be heard
reply to post by Six6Six

Hopefully crazy racists such as yourself will not qualify to live in our new police state dystopia. Although i've a sickening feeling you might make it to the lofty heights of a low level prison guard.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
The UK out of Europe is the greatest thing for England and Great Britain as a whole and those who don't agree do not have a clue as to what they are speaking of.,

Pro England and Great Britain is about to be a new shining light.

We do not need the Germans, come on look at their history NAZIs, Germany is and always will be under Nazi rule. They will never really change and the French the most arrogant inferior nation who think big but are just a pest and nuisance to the world. They have held England / Great Britain back at every turn. Every time Britain wished to do something they shout "Eruo Law" at us.

England never liked the Germans or the French and let us now let it be heard.

What a narrow minded, bigoted rant with no basis in economic reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join