It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

January 10th Doomsday clock may be reset

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The Doosmsday Clock was brought to life in 1947, and has been reset 18 times sense it first began the last reset being last year january 10th 2010 it was set from 5 minutes back to 6 minutes. They made this decision based on how people felt about their governments, how intense a major war was in the minds of peoples everyday lives.
SOURCE:thebulletin.org...

IT IS 7 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
1947: As the Bulletin evolves from a newsletter into a magazine, the Clock appears on the cover for the first time. It symbolizes the urgency of the nuclear dangers that the magazine's founders--and the broader scientific community--are trying to convey to the public and political leaders around the world.

when you view this timetable of what years it was reset never has it been addressed 2 years in a row, this is what gave me the desire to creat this thread. We all debate here on ATS many differnet TPTB scenerials.
On January 9th of 2010 the Bulletin of Atomic Scientist will have a meeting to determine if and which direction the clock will vbe reset. In light of the many many many different issues we face today I believe it will be set up 2 minutes to 4 minutes to doomsday, here is a brief distriction through web links as to how I determine this.

Severe droughts SPecifically in Africa but also here in usa...Source: www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Viruses running freely through the hands of the Government controlled scientific medical ??
Source: www.cidrap.umn.edu... ( im remembering H5N1)

Global economic downfalls, Source:theeconomiccollapseblog.com...
Dow jones down 134.00 today
SOURCE: finance.yahoo.com...^DJI
Brittian is preparing to close its border in the event the EU slips much further,
SOURCE: www.thesun.co.uk...
How many Banks have folded in the past 2 years? Heres jsut one of them
SOURCE: www.bizjournals.com...

Protesting Occupy Wall Street, to bad they were so young and have no order I was hoping theyd make a dent.
Arab Spring, there are some strong persistant deeply passionate people there even if we dont agree with their oulooks they have a vision and will die for it, peace out to them for their intense desire to overcome that which they dont want.
Then there is my country USA country, goin around helping people live in peace ( chuckles, rolling eyes thinking, ya right)
SO here is Iran all surrounded by the peace makers and know we are down to a showdown
SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...
I think we need to pay attention to ourselves our lives right know, we are living in very touchy times right know, Im really surprised to see this cloick get reset within 1 year of the last set.

edit on 28-12-2011 by lbndhr because: clicked send before I was done had to finish it.

edit on 28-12-2011 by lbndhr because: spell check

edit on Wed Dec 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags added

edit on 28-12-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
On January 9th of 2010 the Bulletin of Atomic Scientist will have a meeting to determine if and which direction the clock will vbe reset. In light of the many many many different issues we face today I believe it will be set up 2 minutes to 4 minutes to doomsday, here is a brief distriction through web links as to how I determine this.

Well, since they have time travel now, it's hard to tell what they're going to do, huh?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Doomsday clock is lame.

Although I admit, I did try looking for a replica to buy on ebay once.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Where can I read / view information regarding your statement, "Well, since they have time travel now, it's hard to tell what they're going to do, huh?"...

Did I miss something? Or is this a conclusion you've somehow come to on your own?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BREWSE

Seemed to me it was a joke mocking the silliness of the doomsday clock.
Cos they went back one minute?
Well i thought it was funny lol

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think the clock is likely to go forward again maybe by 2 or 3 minutes. If we look at past resets the closest the clock had been to doomsday was 2 minutes to. If I'm correct that was in 1954, due to the Cuban missile crisis. Today we have a 'sort of' cold war, what with Iran, north Korea change etc etc... Not to mention the current economic events.

Its gonna be interesting to see where they put it.

ALS

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It will be 2 minutes to midnight within a year.

Reminds me of the color coded fear alerts blasted in your face daily after 911, people did not want the u.s to invade iraq so they said that the next attack will come in the "form of a mushroom cloud".

I remember some of you tards duct taping the windows

edit on 28-12-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I think the clock is likely to go forward again maybe by 2 or 3 minutes. If we look at past resets the closest the clock had been to doomsday was 2 minutes to. If I'm correct that was in 1954, due to the Cuban missile crisis. Today we have a 'sort of' cold war, what with Iran, north Korea change etc etc... Not to mention the current economic events.

Its gonna be interesting to see where they put it.

ALS

I consider this clock to give us major clue to many of the real life factual events occurring globally, when this clock was made its intent was to basically slap the leaderships into seeing what their actions would do.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BREWSE

Unless I'm mistaken, it's CURRENTLY 2011! The OP says, "On January 9th of 2010 the Bulletin of Atomic Scientist will have a meeting". Try and keep up.

edit on 29-12-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Underline "will have"

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by BREWSE

Unless I'm mistaken, it's CURRENTLY 2011! The OP says, "On January 9th of 2010 the Bulletin of Atomic Scientist will have a meeting". Try and keep up.

edit on 29-12-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Underline "will have"

I'm on my windows phone or I would link the e-mail I received yesterday,(I get it monthly) in it which can also be found in my op in the first link from the home page it will be reset January 10th 2012,

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh that's a tough call there.

I think the clock will go one minute forward to 6.
Not a drastic change, but a little closer.
One of the big things they have been measuring in their clock figures lately is global climate change.
I don't think I have really seen anything remotely close to even agreement on why things are changing.
Other than that, it seems hostilities are down, The US is out of Iraq, and the Arab Spring is washing over the middle east.
Iran still is looking for the bomb, or so everyone thinks, so the danger is still there for lots of places, Pakistan, North Korea... But none of that has really changed. Maybe in North Korea, but no one knows yet.

I think it will be a one minute move, but it could go one minute either way really.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Doomsday clock is lame..

Definately.

Obama Singled Out for Doomsday Clock Movement

Today, the board said they moved it back one minute because there was a ‘hopeful state of world affairs’ in relation to nuclear weapons and climate change. They singled out President Obama for particular praise.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by satron
Doomsday clock is lame..

Definately.

Obama Singled Out for Doomsday Clock Movement

Today, the board said they moved it back one minute because there was a ‘hopeful state of world affairs’ in relation to nuclear weapons and climate change. They singled out President Obama for particular praise.

The announcement won't happen until January 10th 2012so I ask where did you get this info, and at current last year it was set back from 5 minutes to 6 minutes.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

And this has what to do with my question regarding your statement? Sorry if I am unable to keep up with non-related statements.

top topics

join