It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Cthulhu relocate to Europa back in 1997?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DissonantOne

While I may not agree with the 'lunatic' part, Dissonant is spot on. Cthulhu and his ilk (the Great Old Ones) are nothing but figments of Lovecraft's mind. He researched a lot of old myths, and legends, picking up pieces of various culture's folklore and turned them into something wonderful. In addition to creating this mythos, he actively encouraged his peers and fellow writers to use elements from his mythos in their stories, as well as add their own creations to it, in order to give the mythos an air of age, history and culture.

So in short, is Cthulhu real? No.
Would it be awesome if he was? HELL TO THE YEAH

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The noise of a water drop = CTHULU an ancient leviathan demon in the ocean.....The most plausible idea is generally the correct one, Does an ancient creature the size of a mountain sound like the most plausible?...NO

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Read "Cthulhu's Reign" it describes what it would be like AFTER the dark god returns,it would be so bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Came across this one some time ago, still cracks me up.

bosshamster.deviantart.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD
Came across this one some time ago, still cracks me up.

bosshamster.deviantart.com...

Love it! Gave me a nice laugh on this uneventful Monday.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah, Lovecraft was awesome at exploiting primal fears of the unknown and presenting them in enough shadow that we could see it being a possibility. I think a lot of people get lost in that possibility. But great stories nonetheless.

"The bloop" has always fascinated me. I love that we don't really have a good explanation of it. Unless I missed the scientific community's official "dismissing" of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Have any of you heard a propeller underwater? its actually quite scary sounding!

I am not convinced that noise was organic in its creation, and you shouldn't be either!

For one, this was about 15 years ago.

I am not convinced that anything larger than a blue whale exists biologically on this planet!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

While I may not agree with the 'lunatic' part, Dissonant is spot on. Cthulhu and his ilk (the Great Old Ones) are nothing but figments of Lovecraft's mind. He researched a lot of old myths, and legends, picking up pieces of various culture's folklore and turned them into something wonderful. In addition to creating this mythos, he actively encouraged his peers and fellow writers to use elements from his mythos in their stories, as well as add their own creations to it, in order to give the mythos an air of age, history and culture.

uh as much as i love lovecraft's and others stories why would it be awesome if he existed?
personally the idea of an immortal star-spawned amoral horror from space that hates humanity and all life on earth existing, scares the crap out of me.
part of the reason people like horror is imagining something like this, while full well knowing it doesn't exist.

of course for his stories it wasn't the monsters so much as the idea of reality not being what humans thought it was, but something much, much more mind destroying, and the monsters are just the catalyst.

also i'd love to know where anyone got the idea that cthulhu was made of light, i've never heard of that before.
every story i've read about cthulhu or his relations say that they are made from substances alien to this dimension, hence their over all reality warping nature.

edit on 7-4-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here's all his writings in case someone was interested... The complete text of the works of H.P. Lovecraft

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

Originally posted by JackofBlades

uh as much as i love lovecraft's and others stories why would it be awesome if he existed?
personally the idea of an immortal star-spawned amoral horror from space that hates humanity and all life on earth existing, scares the crap out of me.
part of the reason people like horror is imagining something like this, while full well knowing it doesn't exist.

of course for his stories it wasn't the monsters so much as the idea of reality not being what humans thought it was, but something much, much more mind destroying, and the monsters are just the catalyst.

also i'd love to know where anyone got the idea that cthulhu was made of light, i've never heard of that before.
every story i've read about cthulhu or his relations say that they are made from substances alien to this dimension, hence their over all reality warping nature.

edit on 7-4-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

cthulhu and other olde ones dont hate us. they are beyond love and hate.they see us as we see ants or fleas. a minor bother that can be shaken with the shrug there shoulders. read up on your lovecraft.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Welp if Cthulhu does wake up I've got my Silver key and I'm taking off like a prom dress.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Don't worry guys, if cthulhu is real, then Godzilla will save us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join