It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My views on religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm going to get a load is stick from what I'm going to say from religious people in denial.

Ok here we go....IMO (notice how I didn't say I know for a fact) religion was created by some powerless Arabs who wanted to control people. When the first guy who wrote manuscripts started shouting stories to his local village folk, they caught on and believed it. Do you know why? Because they were very superstitious and didn't have the technology to prove him wrong.

Here's something which they got wrong, it wasnt the world that was created 2-4000 years ago...it was religion. Archeologists found skeletons of species which existed way before the "creation" of the Earth.

I could go on but I know what I said wasn't the most well sentenced thread I've done but I have a headache and I'm not thinking properly. (like my excuse?)

Would love to here your views from BOTH sides.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So... Arabs invinted religion? I'm not folllowing... sorry

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
So... Arabs invinted religion? I'm not folllowing... sorry

As I said, could've been worded better plus I never payed attention in school about the tripe they spouted about religion. Besides I thought they invented it in Israel or something.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The first organized and modern religion was Hinduism in India.Greek mythology and Egyptian God's are even older.Buddha dates back from 500 BC , Christianity is 2000 years old and Islam is the newest important religion.Also Judaism is quite old.

The world is older than the religion but there is no reason to argue with the religious folks,they won't accept facts.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Do you know that religion and belief systems exist all around the world that predate Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.... that belief systems sprang up before Arabs were 'Arabs,' and that belief systems sprang up in places Arabs had no contact with?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yes many of us made that revelation back in highschool, kudos for you. However there are loads and loads of info that you will need to complete your belief, which in all honesty isn't anything new. You also need to take into account other non-semite (is that what you meant by Arab?) based religions and certain unexplainable phenomenon’s that have occurred throughout history and into the present.

Religious dogma is created out of fear and mostly for the purpose of control. Spirituality is non specific without religious dogma attached to it and is something that is very subjective. Total objectivity is an illusion all experience is subjective in nature. You cannot for certain say that there isn't more to the story anymore than a religious person can say that they and only they have the answers to the mystery of life.

Science is a great tool to understand the observable world but is limited by the scope of our tools used to measure it. Use it as a tool, and a frame of reference but remember that it does not have all the answers nor would if ever have all the answers.

edit on 28-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Read a post here, not long about, about how all roads lead to Rome. I'd be less surprised about that... but the Arabs? Well, who knows...

I personally believe there may be a creator, out there... not one who actually gives a damn about us, but there are many things which link together to form the whole function of existence. I kind of doubt that would be an accident. Maybe we were put here to be tortured for his or her amusement? I'd believe that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

I'll have to disagree. First off, as far as I'm aware, religious belief/practice preceded homo sapiens sapiens, extending back to the neanderthals and who knows how far back - as far as we can tell, human society has never been without it.

That said, people are people, regardless of where they're at or when they existed. Just because society/technology hadn't progressed much at all long ago doesn't mean people were just a bunch of superstitious dummies (reference sumeria and others, and their striking social & other advancements). Now, I don't disagree with Clarke's law, so had some of them had certain technologies available at the time to wow the masses with (as we did see later in history, primarily with the greeks and their hydraulics, etc.), that could definitely be figured in.

As far as this:

Here's something which they got wrong, it wasnt the world that was created 2-4000 years ago...it was religion. Archeologists found skeletons of species which existed way before the "creation" of the Earth.

...well, no, not so much. Yes, the 6000-year argument is silly, but wasn't made by any religion in the first place - as far as I'm aware, it came from religious believers of the last few centuries who tried to put together a timeline based on the lifespans and genealogies given in the bible. It IS, however, indisputable that written history doesn't cover a time period much longer than this, despite our current species having been on earth for - what, 150k years or so, according to our scientist friends?

I have to chalk it up to something beyond what you've presented here - either a variety of the "ancient aliens" belief (possibly inserting inter-dimensionals or what have you for aliens, with my personal views) or a LONG-lost prior humanity with very impressive advanced knowledge that has since been wiped out by either a natural or self-inflicted cataclysm (or some combination of the two), with our "recent" historical period merely being a re-founding of human society.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

The world is older than the religion but there is no reason to argue with the religious folks,they won't accept facts.

Generalize much? I've always found that to be indicative of narrow thought processes and lack of representative experience.

Pray tell - as I wasn't aware he was addressing a SPECIFIC religion - can you provide us some information indicating a time in human history when we didn't have some kind of religious belief or practice?

If not, then please provide us your thoughts on religion's ORIGIN amongst mankind, aside from the tired malarkey of "one guy was ambitious and tricky, and everyone else was just dumb" that flies in the face of social history - as far as I'm aware...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Since you want to hear from 'both sides,' I'll give my understanding on this topic. But know this is not a two-sided concept. It goes far beyond the simple 'Right' or 'Wrong.'

There is a certain Truth about existence. This Truth is a self-evident Truth if one is willing to know thyself, look within and face all fears and corruption.

Spiritually awakened and enlightened individuals such as Jesus and Buddha were mere mortal men who found the Truth and tried to awaken others. Some individuals understood the spiritual truth of 'self', and instead of allowing Truth to spread, they tried to hide the Light of Truth in order to control and manipulate others.

I know the spiritual/ethereal to be extremely real. However, mainstream religion in all it's forms has been infiltrated by those who seek earthly power by control. The Truth brought by the enlightened men called prophets has been corrupted.

The word 'religion' stems from the Latin 'religare' which means 'to tie down again' and 'to bind.' The mere meaning of the word 'religion' should be evident of its purpose.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
The first organized and modern religion was Hinduism in India.Greek mythology and Egyptian God's are even older.Buddha dates back from 500 BC , Christianity is 2000 years old and Islam is the newest important religion.Also Judaism is quite old.

I didnt know that, thanks for sharing.

Again I apologise for the lack of info and a poor thread. Dunno why I bothered tonight as I could've added more but didn't feel like it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Now, if we are talking the origin of all religion, I like to think that the first of man-kind to understand spiritual, ethereal, physical, biological, chemical, or mathematical sciences were the first to become priests. Keepers of the secrets of knowledge that the 'common' man could not understand at that time.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Don't be discouraged to write threads or post your thoughts as long as your do so in a respectful matter. ATS is a wealth of information and many people here are knowledgable in a wide range of subjects. Religion is usually a polarizing subject, but it is good to accept both sides and respect their arguments even if you do not agree with their conclusions. Realize this now, you will always be on a path of learning if you chose that path.

That path will take you through many twists and turns and shock you more than you can ever imagine. Know this, this life is abundant with theories, philosophies, imagination and scope. Treasure all views because it is a reflection of the diversity and infinite creativity. Know that all views hold something true. And most of all trust in yourself and your heart, know that not one person can give you all the answers you seek.

Not sure how old you are but my thinking (apologies if I am wrong) is that you are thirsting for truth and are trying your best to apply your logic and critical thinking. Well wishes to you, and never be afraid to speak what you believe.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono
I'm going to get a load is stick from what I'm going to say from religious people in denial.

Ok here we go....IMO (notice how I didn't say I know for a fact) religion was created by some powerless Arabs who wanted to control people. When the first guy who wrote manuscripts started shouting stories to his local village folk, they caught on and believed it. Do you know why? Because they were very superstitious and didn't have the technology to prove him wrong.

We've all be in this thought process. The problem with this is on multiple levels. We are unable to account for the mathematics in scripture and the heptadic structure of many authors, over many milenia, from various languages, all saying a unified story. Then, take these facts and overlay them on top of history and they match. Then, look at the linguistics of the story that is told from scripture: Agra Bio Linguistics. Take a look at an examination of two simple words from Hebrew. Just two words tell the story of the creation of the world from digital information. The Linguistics of Word / World - Adding a Lamed to Creation

If you want more evidence stacked on more evidence, examine my threads. LINK This cannot be equated with the reasoning of men, somehow in a conspiracy over centuries. Take one look at the Freemasons / Secret Societies and see how sloppy they are with the simple task of finding truth. They seem to misuse truth by greed and subversion. The fruit of deception is motive. From the Bible, the motive is singular and positive toward truth. God seeks to assist mankind in finding love and equality by the leadership of a Divine power. The two simply do not match.

You are superimposing a particularization of truth on top of a universal reality. This is a puzzle piece that does not fit. Like I said, we have all been there and continue to wrestle with fitting the pieces together. The wrong approach is drawing on a simple answer to a holographic reality.

I do appreciate the thread. Keep searching.

edit on 28-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm religious, but apparently I'm just weird because I don't believe that the earth is only a few thousand years old. There is no proof in my preferred scriptures to back up any claim that earth is that young. Zaroastrians believe that Zoroaster was born as far back as 6000bc.

I think people who are religious try to ignore science, but I'm not one who does that. Some believe that Adam came as soon as the earth was created, but again, no proof to back it up.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT

Information entropy explains the nature of religion. Early mankind hand a face-to-face knowledge of God until the fall. As generations rise and fall, the root knowledge changed. Information entropy occurs. This does not change the root knowledge. Before the flood, mankind was taught by Enoch and the early Patriarchs. After the flood, the only thing that remained were the ruins of the early order. It was corrupted by the divine beings of Genesis 6. A thread made its way past the flood to Abraham, Joseph and Moses. Follow the thread. Enoch was pre-flood until 950. He then reveals the judgment of the fallen divine beings and tells them they have 70 generations until their end. A generation can be calculated to 72.2222 by dividing the Precession of Earth by 360. Multiply 70X72.2222 and you get 5055 years later. Enoch is taken by God at 950 on the Hebrew clock. Add the two. That's today.

All other religions are extensions of this knowledge by perspective. A comparative study reveals this. Egypt, as you show, is the root that allowed this to move from Enoch to Joseph to Moses and then around the trade routes. Information entropy caused a degradation of the wisdom. Do a study of the thrice great Hermes and then the Egyptian Thoth and you get a look at the three men over the span of 5000 years. Isaiah 19:19 reveals that the Pyramids are a monument to the Lord, most likely built by Enoch. Moses restores the knowledge with the people of God. The promise of Abraham is consistent in three of the largest religions we know.

Each age, evey 2000 years, we receive a new revelation.

Adam to Abraham 2000
Abraham to Jesus 2000
Jesus to Today 2000

Promised Day of Rest

Epistle of Barnabas

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

This type of information does not come from any other source. Information entropy is disallowed when it is Hermetically Sealed.

edit on 28-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Even ancient Egyptians practiced a religion..

I'm starting to think we're supposed to use ISLAM in place of "RELIGION" considering your use of the term Arabs..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Krono

I'm starting to think we're supposed to use ISLAM in place of "RELIGION" considering your use of the term Arabs..

Abraham, the Patriarch of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam was born in Ur, which would make him today an Iraqi. Maybe OP was referencing the monotheistic religions that branch off of him?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Krono

Abraham, the Patriarch of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam was born in Ur, which would make him today an Iraqi. Maybe OP was referencing the monotheistic religions that branch off of him?

Or maybe OP, like plenty other people just groups Iraqi's in with Arabs...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
all religions were created by man, they had their place once but we have out grown the need for them, a lot of people cling to their religion but its not needed. id go as far as saying that the world would be a better place if religion didnt exist in the past millenium or so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join