It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Slams US for Its Human Rights Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I remember Bush and Obama both making these statements about Iraq, Libya, Egypt and a few other nations. Only a few of which have gone untouched by the US. The rest had democracy spread to them whether they liked it or not. Too bad Obama in Hawaii for a while. I'd love to hear his response to this.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's about time.....
The rest of the world's nations are finally raising their middle fingers to the US and its hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It is pretty standard Russian government practice when criticized about human rights (or anything else) to deny everything and make counter accusations.

However, it is true that both the US and Russia are no angels when it comes to human rights in many cases.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The U.S probably has the worst human rights record in history, but then they have Hollywood, Mcdonalds and the Super Bowl so it cant be all bad right?

China and or Russia should take a leaf out of Americas book, if your going to perpitrate mass crimes against humanity you really should invest in a little into social distractions, theres only so much of

THE NEWSPAPER FOR NATIONAL FREEDOM YOU ENJOY BRINGING YOU YOUR DAILY FREEDOM

The people are going to take.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

The U.S probably has the worst human rights record in history

Well the US doesn't sell organs of political prisoners in foreign countries openly like China does...yet (wouldn't surprise me if this kind of stuff happens under the radar)

But again, China doesn't hire companies that is doing business in women and children trafficking like the Pentagon does with Dyncorp, nor does it deal drugs like the US government does.

And in history, you're pushing it... the Soviet Union was worse. North Korea is worse. Hitler was worse. And let's not count the Mayans, Iraq under Saddam, Iran under the Shah, etc... But yeah, in the last 10 years, America is worst country in the western world.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh i dunno man, from a historical point of view fair enough, Stalin and Mao, there somewhat of a anomaly, the atrocities commited by them can happen by the fact a dictatorship allows one person to have such power to abuse. But Russia and China as a whole however dont seem to have the sheer consistency of atrocities that are practiced by America, routinely through successive governments, thats really what I mean.

Nations such as North Korea, I dunno, sure its pretty grim in North Korea but should we really tally up a list of regimes put in place by America?, its pretty frightening, North Korea has nothing on America.

edit on 28-12-2011 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hard to beat continental genocide and ethnic cleansing.

The US of A is the most successful and complete practitioner of those in history: they wrote the book, the study guide, and the freaking Cliff notes on them.

The human rights record of the US is extremely shoddy, and completely at odds with the mythology.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Every nation on the power scale of the globe has a poor human rights record. The difference I find between most nations is that some take more responsibility than others. A fair number distort the record or disavow it all together to save face. Overall, the USA has a terrible track record through out it's history and really should not be preaching to others, but it has a better track record than most.

They are all guilty. It's political posturing.
edit on 12-28-2011 by Flint2011 because: Typos and mispellings.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Doesnt actually have a better track record than anybody though does it, you will seriously find it very difficult to get a country with poorer human right stats than America.

America truly is one the most psychopathic nations to ever evolve on the word stage, why people cannot see this I am truly baffled, well no thats not true, I can sort of understand why some cant see it as they watch too much FOX and Be All You Can Be adverts with American Bald Eagles battering there senses in submission but how seemingly educated people cannot see this I truly despair.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
the USA has been trying to kill me. please stop them before its too late. i belong in MEDJUGORGE with my brain to create the eternal sign. confiscate me and my brain, PLEASE. i do not belong here. they have stolen my brain. i am the keeper of time. convert now or i will be killed here in HAZARD PARK , LOS ANGELES.
My brain is why they want to kill me. i do not forgive them.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

The U.S probably has the worst human rights record in history, but then they have Hollywood, Mcdonalds and the Super Bowl so it cant be all bad right?

Are any of those Corporations directly killing their workers and being at least paid minimum wage? I do believe you can argue about the food killing people, but that is different.
I would start with the American Corporations getting their products made sub-standardly for cents versuses being made here in the U.S.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Well, I think both of our sentiments are opinion more than fact. I have no stats to back my stand and I doubt anyone could prove your opinion either. I didn't excuse the USA anymore than anyone else but I do believe it's track record in the truest definition is slightly better than most.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
All the big players have bad human rights records. It would be nice to see this addressed across the board. I cannot see this happening anytime soon..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KennyDurazo
the USA has been trying to kill me. please stop them before its too late. i belong in MEDJUGORGE with my brain to create the eternal sign. confiscate me and my brain, PLEASE. i do not belong here. they have stolen my brain. i am the keeper of time. convert now or i will be killed here in HAZARD PARK , LOS ANGELES.
My brain is why they want to kill me. i do not forgive them.

whaaaat!!!!?????
second line

new topics

top topics

join