It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knocking sound on my walls, finally I'm not the only one hearing them.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It has been a while since I experienced anything paranormal on my home, some of you have followed my posts before, I have tried NOT to disturb the paranormal in my home and not make a huge deal if I see something with the corner of my eyes or hear something.

I work from home and my wife just started working this week after her maternity leave, she wakes up at 5am to go to work, so I help my wife by sleeping with my 2 month old daughter on our room while she sleeps with my 4 year old daughter, that way every time the baby cries for milk or diaper change my wife doesn't wake up.

Last night around 8:37pm I was on my bed watching Netflix on my iPad with the headphones while the baby was sleeping, with the headphones on I started to hear loud knocking sounds on a wall, I paused the movie and kept hearing, the knocking continued for around 30 seconds. it sounded like knocking on gypsum board (wall or roof) I went to my daughters room were my wife was and ask her if she was making that sound or if my 4 year old daughter was hitting the wall, she told me No and she tought it was me doing the sound, while talking to her we started to hear the knocking sounds coming from my room and at this time we were both scared because I left the baby alone in the room and I though it was a person trying to get in inside my home, I told my wife go to our room and stay there while I checked the in/outside of the house, I took my handgun with me, I searched the house, garage and all the rooms. Found nothing, while I was outside my wife told me she could still hear the knocking on the walls, I didn't hear anything outside.

After a few minutes of not hearing anything my wife went to sleep and I went to bed to watch more Netflix but this time with no headphones, I was watching a series called "jeremiah" so It kept me awake for a while, around 12:47am I went to the kitchen to get a snack and then to bed.

We have 4 feet tall toy pony that moves and makes sounds, it was on the living room because my 4 year old daughter was playing with it "Christmas present" my wife asked me if the pony was ON last night, because she heard noises late at night, I told her I was in the kitchen around 12-1am and she told me that she heard me but she heard more noises around 3-4am.

I tell this story because is not the first time I hear the knocking on the walls, never made a huge deal out of it, I thought it was normal house noises, but this time it lasted and repeated itself with my wife as a witness. And when I add all the other things it has happened to me in this house, I know believe there is something paranormal here.

I never wanted to do this but I decided to investigate my own house, with EVP's, video and pictures to see what I can found, I don't want to open any door so I will try to do a passive investigation first, I own a full spectrum hd camera and infrared still cameras so I will try to get video and pictures every time I heard or feel something.

This are some of the things that had happened on my home:

1) When my daughter was 3 she said she played with a friend on her room (imaginary friend or ghost) don't know.
2) I felt someone sitting on the edge of my bed and no one was there.
3) I woke up one time and couldn't move, I closed my eyes pray to God and then I was able to move.
4) I have heard 3-4 times kids laughing on my home (every time the tv was on so I can't say it's paranormal) but the TV program I was watching didn't had any children's on the screen.
5) I heard twice a cat making the angry sound (both times the TV was OFF) it was scary.
6) My sister and her boyfriend heard some loud noises on the roof on my daughters room when she stayed here.
7) My ceiling fan has a remote controlled light and it turned by itself around 3am the same week I felt someone sitting on my bed. ( I thought it was a glitch on the wireless remote) it never happened again.

The things that happend on my house seem to be more active during this cold months.

edit on 28-12-2011 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2011 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Not that I'm trying to debunk anything here.. I have had paranormal experiences myself.. But just to try and eliminate some things.
Firstly if you have a central heating system, pipes can bang and make noises also certain materials will expand and retract with cold and heat.. Do you think the knocking/noises could be caused by this?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'll be sure to follow this thread and i hope you post anything that you may find.
In the event that you are dealing with something paranormal then it would seem pretty harmless.
It doesn't do much of anything really.

I would try to find out what your daughter used to talk about with her 'imaginary' friend, may give some insight, just be wary of making a big thing out asking her because she may embellish or make things up to please you as kids will do that from time to time.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've had many of those things happen.

We hear footsteps in the hallway. Things get knocked over/moved. I catch motion out of the corner of my eye.

I know these things are happening, because not only do I hear/see them, but my girlfriend does as well. The dogs will often react to the sounds/movements as well.

The weirdest thing happened not long after we got our newest puppy. She was sitting on a chair with me, looking over my shoulder. Suddenly the hair on her back stood up and she began to growl and bark. After a minute, she cocked her head and her ears went up, her whole demeanor changed, and then just as quickly she was back to barking, ears flat on her head. This repeated a few times. I got up and she jumped to the floor. She followed me as I walked to the area she was looking at. At a certain point she just stopped and refused to come any further. She just barked and growled. I called her, and I could see her desire to come to me, but she was rooted in place. I moved around the area, and she just watched me like a hawk. Still, she wouldn't move beyond that point.

I suspect the older dogs don't react that way as they are "used to" whatever energies exist/manifest in the house. The puppy still will occasionally react to a sound or stare intently at a fixed point and growl a bit, but her reactions are becoming less and less extreme.

I don't get a negative feeling from whatever is in the house, so it doesn't bother me. Frankly I'm intrigued by it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just to add to what MisterLondon has added, have you ruled out the possibility of mice, they enter the home during the cold months. I hear them in my walls occasionally...

Not trying to disprove anything paranormal, just a suggestion as you say it happens more in colder months

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Not that I'm trying to debunk anything here.. I have had paranormal experiences myself.. But just to try and eliminate some things.
Firstly if you have a central heating system, pipes can bang and make noises also certain materials will expand and retract with cold and heat.. Do you think the knocking/noises could be caused by this?

My home was built 3 years ago, we bought it brand new, it's a 1 floor concrete on the outiside walls and gypsum board on the inside with wood roof, my Central Air/Heating system was off last night, I know that with heat and cold things expand and make noises, and I hear my bathroom vents open and close when with the wing and I can hear the walls cracking and wood expanding, but this was different because it had a loud noise and the only way I was able to replicate the sound was by knocking in the wall like if I was knocking on a door. Loud even noise.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother
Just to add to what MisterLondon has added, have you ruled out the possibility of mice, they enter the home during the cold months. I hear them in my walls occasionally...

Not trying to disprove anything paranormal, just a suggestion as you say it happens more in colder months

I do have mices because I have heard them on my ceiling, they scratch the walls and ceiling but Never produce a knocking sound so loud and constant. when my sister was here she heard loud noises on the roof, like someone walking on the beams.

I know that with cold climates in Fl, the house will make new noises, but this sound was loud.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I knew a guy that thought he was being tormented by demons by them making noises on his walls. In a fit, he tore the walls down to learn that his water supply was the source of the demons

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Rodents can make these noises. If you have a icemaker the watering process can cause poorly placed pipes to knock on the walls, same goes for a runny toilette. Also, if you have any flashing around the edge of your roof wind can catch it to make knocking noises and or bass sounds. Also, shrubs or trees can knock on the roof and sides of your house with little wind.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Regarding the cameras etc great , but also try if possible to research the area on which the house was built on. 3 years ago , you say , the build being a new build as they say in the game . Looking into the location and land beneath the build and seeing the history of the location that you live, public records on line , county council records etc, also old news paper items, how far back you go is up to you .

Hope you solve the problem / activity.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I also experience a lot of the same things that the OP does.
I am also Tech Manager of a Paranormal Investigation group, so I have come to a few conclusions about what is going on in my house.
I could be wrong and stupidly did not save any of the evidence I had collected in my house in the past, so don't shoot me.
Due to personal experiences and EVP's, I have come to the conclusion that there are at least two spirits in my house.
One of them is helpful, the other one is either very angry about something or just feels like being a complete a hole.
The one likes to move things around, knock things over, and basically make my life a living Hell by trying to screw up anything I try to accomplish or do inside the house.
Once I get completely ticked off and start cussing at it, the other one seems to finally chime in and tell it enough is enough and then a few things will actually go right.
I have done many EVP sessions and I wish I had saved the audio so you could all hear it.
I don't pick things up on every recording, it is very sporadic.
I can pick something up spanning an entire recording, try again immediately after listening to it, and get nothing the second time.
Here are some of the things I remember picking up:
I caught a man's voice saying "over here."
During one recording, it sounded like someone was whistling a song in the background for the entire 15 minutes I was recording. Tried again right after catching that and got nothing.
Another time I caught a female voice that clearly said "Help me....please....help me."
We have caught what sounds like a cat purring. We don't currently own a cat.

I always make sure all TV's and radios are off when I do a session so there is no chance of contamination.

If you have a recording device, I suggest recording while asking questions, or even hitting record and just leave the device somewhere.

Listen very carefully and see if you can hear any clues to your situation.

Two good programs, that are free, for reviewing audio and clipping out anything you find, are Wavepad and Audacity.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I hate to admit it but I went through something very similar last year. I don't recall posting about it as I was embarrassed and I wanted to make sure the things going on were paranormal.The only difference was not only did I have knocking , I had objects moved , and this is a newly built house (Gettysburg,PA).... I decided to go about turning off all of the power while the kids were sleeping to eliminate any back-round noise as well as avoid using the plumbing. My wife and I commenced multiple EVP sessions (which seemed like a good idea at the time)...To my shock I received very clear answers which were short... Example questions: Is there anyone here? YES... Are you the one ringing the bell(Holiday bell in my living room) at night? YES....Then the best question, Do you like keeping Dan up at night? YES... Long story short things got worse before better. I said some prayers through the house and tried to ignore it as much as possible.Be careful what you do as you may hear something that bothers you...as this did me. To this day we hear noises but ignore it as much as possible. To all of those that call BS, i have audio and I assure you as being a military veteran with a TS Clearance these things exist! GOOD LUCK, be careful what you wish for!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A friend and I were opening up the trailer that we used for a hunting camp one autumn and we heard knocking sounds in a cupboard. My friend's son looked in the cupboard and closed the door immediately. He looked like had seen a ghost. He said, "Dad, there is a possum in there!" My friend replied that "There's no damn possum in there!"
Well, sure enough, there was a possum in there. He came up through a hole that he chewed through the flooring around where the kitchen drain exited the room.

So, don't discount animals being the cause of your noises. I have friends that had squirrels in their walls, they damned near filled the one section with black walnuts, they make a heckuva noise when you drop them 7-1/2 feet down into a wall.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

First of all when i was a kid i saw "dead people". If it is malevolent i would meditate on it. Imagine a barrier around your house. Ask your guides angels and the creator for assistance. Ask them to help this spirit find its way to the light. And to keep malevolent things from your house. Be sure to thank them too. They are people like us, they are just in a different dimension. They like to recieve graditude just like we do. Its a show of your love for them.
I have started to see things in my closet at night. Lol it is scary at first, but i know they arent here to harm me. Just annoying how they seem to like my closet! But i suppose i am glad they arent hunched over my bee when i wake like some people haha. Anyways im serious man. Just ask and you shall recieve. More than likely it is a benevolent apirit that just wants to communicate with someone. And your daught having the vision is an open door. Do not inhibit her though. It is a gift and make sure she knows it.

Ps
Sorry about the typos, ipads suck to type on as you may know.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've heard footsteps running across my floor in my old house, when no one was there but me and i've heard someone walk up behind me only to turn around and there was no one there. Yeah i believe you may have something going but saying its a ghost is jumping the gun. It could be pipes knocking together in your walls, could be rats messing around too.

I wouldn't be too alarmed unless objects start flying out at you, or objects begin mysteriously stacking themselves when no one is home. You could get infrared night vision cameras and stick it up and see what you find, sometimes you can catch things called orbs or even apparitions walking around, but know this. Once you start trying to figure out whats going on, if it is some kind of spirit you may attract its attention and the activity may escalate.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just to answer some of the questions, I don't have trees around my house, I only have pines in the back about 200 feet away. This house was built 3 years ago, it's a new neighborhood all new houses, the area use to be a forest.

I have debunked a lot noises in my house, like fridge, ice maker, water purification system cycle, a/c, bathroom vents, transformers, etc. I don't have a basement, the floor is concrete so are the outside walls.

This was a loud knocking noise that lasted around 30 seconds, so loud that I was ale to hear it while I was wearing my headphones and watching the movie. I went outside very quickly to debunk neighbors doing sounds outside or possible break in, but while I was outside my wife heard the sound again and I was unable to hear anything outside.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I've heard footsteps running across my floor in my old house, when no one was there but me and i've heard someone walk up behind me only to turn around and there was no one there. Yeah i believe you may have something going but saying its a ghost is jumping the gun. It could be pipes knocking together in your walls, could be rats messing around too.

I wouldn't be too alarmed unless objects start flying out at you, or objects begin mysteriously stacking themselves when no one is home. You could get infrared night vision cameras and stick it up and see what you find, sometimes you can catch things called orbs or even apparitions walking around, but know this. Once you start trying to figure out whats going on, if it is some kind of spirit you may attract its attention and the activity may escalate.

When I used to live in my old apartment I heard someone running side to side on the second floor, and that apartment in top of mine was vacant, and it was a single building with 2 condo each, and I also had some paranormal experiences there. Maybe it's following me.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

When I used to live in my old apartment I heard someone running side to side on the second floor, and that apartment in top of mine was vacant, and it was a single building with 2 condo each, and I also had some paranormal experiences there. Maybe it's following me.

They can latch onto you and follow you wherever you go. In my faith these things are not human spirits, we call them demons or fallen angels and they purposely try to terrorize you. It doesn't really matter what you call it, if it followed you then it is definately evil. Sometimes activity can be caused by using things like ouija boards or satanic rituals or even various forms of witchcraft. You can actually buy Ouija boards at Toys'r'us, but they are no game. I used one once at my sisters house and her 8 year old stepson and i were playing with it and when he took his hands off the planchet i felt 2 invisble hands grab my wrists in an iron hard grip and it scared the crap out of me literally, this was back in 2003. There are some really scary things out there that do exist but even the most iron clad skeptic will become a believer all it takes is one experience.

Personally i'd set up some night vision cameras and start doing EVP's (electronic voice phenomena) to find out what it is and determine if it's a threat and from there start figuring out how to banish it. House blessings from priests only piss them off, they will come back and the activity will get worse, a house blessing from a catholic priest is like trying to treat a shotgun blast with a band-aid.

You may not be a believer but that is ok, but if you and your family get scared enough do not be afraid to call the name of Jesus Christ and be firm about it, you can use his name or Jehovah or Yahweh (pronounced YAH-OO-WAH) some of the known names of God. I'm not going to preach at you, but if this gets worse call on him and do not be afraid.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You mentioned an angry cat noise. Do you have cats? I'm assuming the answer is 'no'.
I think you are wise to do an investigation. I will stay tuned in to your thread-

This is scary stuff and I hope that you are able to get to the bottom of things.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
When I hear thumping on the walls, skittering in the attic, or long scratchey nails race across the roof ... my first thought is animals. The thumping on the walls has turned out to be deer antlers at one time, a dog tail thumping the wall as it wagged at another time, and the toughest one took months to finally put a definative answer on ... turned out to be an armadillo. The 'critters' usually scatter or hide elsewhere before we can get out the door with a flashlight.

The long nails running across the roof weren't like the thud, scratch, flap of vultures; nor was it like tree limbs brushing the roof ... that one took a few weeks to catch site of ... racoon.

Anyway, it's more likely to be normal than paranormal.
edit on 29/12/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join