It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im mad/jealous that God doesn't talk to me or anyone I know.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Do not make the fatal error of attributing God's feelings to your feelings. Remember, the false prophets spoke with presumption. Just because you feel like saying or doing X or Y does not mean it is God telling you to. The world presumes to know God, but even then we must not deceive ourselves. Unless a voice really tells you something claiming God spoke to you is presumption.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Binder
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Unmerited favor is but one aspect of grace. The most complete definition I have ever come up with for grace is the devine nature of God in the heart of man, and its influence in life. The old covenant dealt with the law. The law was an attempt to show man how to do it by himself, to be like God on his own merit. It was a spectacular failure.

It certainly was not a "failure". Paul argues that the law is good, but we are the problem. We don't follow it. The law was given to be our "schoolmaster", and as Paul says in Romans "so that sin would abound.

The new covenant is God placing his nature directly into your heart upon request. While this is truly unmerited. The unmerited favor aspect of grace is often miscunstrued as a license to do as one wishes without repercussion.

How absurd, Paul shreds that heretical idea in Romans 2 & 3.

I am not a religious person, and I disagree with much of what the control paradigm of man has injected into the Holy texts of our world, but you have to learn to glean the wheat, and throw away the chaff. God has a hard time communicatng through written works because we like to "edit" them for him.

You're in great company!! Jesus Christ was the most anti-religious person that ever walked the Earth. Religion doesn't get one to God, a personal relationship does.

As to the OP's question about communication with God. The universe declares his handiwork. Every time you look into the eyes of a child God is speaking volumes. We have simply forgotten how to listen.

Yes, the invisible things of Him have been on display since the creation of the world. Men are without excuse.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

revelation... i agree with you, but are you really going to tell a nonbeliever that? sometimes, people of the faith push future believers away. if the person has no will to serve God, how are you telling someone what God expects without that person even having a personal relationship with Father going to help that person?

i understand you trying to help that person... but were you not a sinner before you met Christ? the OP has not accepted Christ, maybe one day he will, maybe he won't. I personally would hope that the love of our Savior has manifested in me enough for my light to shine for others.

but revelation does add something to ponder about...
if you want to hear God, and you continue the life you do, to knowingly put yourself in the position of rock bottom, are you not testing God? i think if you want to hear the voice of God, you gotta take it upon yourself to repent, accept Christ as our savior, and turn away from the flesh.
edit on 29-12-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

See thats the key. The key is finding what is the right message to give to the right person. This is why i usually start with John 3:16 and tell them about how God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son to be sacrificed so that any who believed in him would not die the spiritual death. If a person is so hard hearted that they cannot be moved by love, then there is no point trying to scare them about hell. If love cannot conquer their hardened hearts, fear ain't going to touch it either. Think How God must have felt being a father and watching his son being beaten beyond recognition, tortured and tormented, ostracised and laughed at, spat on and then nailed to the trunk of a tree while the people cheered. It was his tremendous love for mankind that stayed his hand from destroying everyone on this planet. If a person cannot be moved by that powerful a love, then you might as well not even bother with scaring them with the hellfire and damnation sermon.

I tell you if i had been God and the world had done that to my son? Me being who i am and as protective as i am? Humanity would have died that day which is a good thing i am not he. Me being just a man my rage would have gotten the better of me.
edit on 29-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89
You should probably define the word "god" as many have different beliefs on what that is.
Eg. I believe the human was created by a higher enitity, but our spirits where created by something even higher.
I believe god to be the sun or "prana (life energy)" as many religions hint that.

To the point.....
I have Heard someone talk to me 3 times. It was in my head while in a deep trance.
It called my name and asked if i could here them. Two times it was a male and one time it was a female.

On a christian context. The bible speaks of the "wheels upon wheels' to reach god.
I believe this is reference to be "merkabah" which is the spirits light vehicle.
So in order to reach god you must first be in spirit.
If you do not believe the spirit and body to be two separate things, i presume that's why u have not heard from "god"

Wheels upon wheels i chakras in hinduism. You need to open the chakras make the wheels spin so that you can recieve the energy/chi from the source. It is probably a very long process to do this if your not given help from the devine to open the crown chakra like I got. www.youtube.com...

Merkabah: The Chariot of Ascension
www.youtube.com...

Lol in the video above they even show the chakra points. To look at god from one view and not see him from the other views is in my view of thinking foolish. You miss out on so much information of you just look from the Christian Side. All roads eventually leads to rome we say. All paths in the end leads to enlightment and becoming one with god. You can struggle all you want against it and not listen to him/she/it but in the end you will be one with god/the devine. When the student is ready for the lesson then the master appears.

God uses all tools he has to his dispossal. He sent me a crazy person that did not make sense at all but after a few days the information from that person made sense when seen with my lifes path. A last piece of the puzzle that was needed. When you are at the moment when your whole life make sense in a way that is totaly clear and not random at all then doubt dissapear. Namaste

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

You should probably define the word "god" as many have different beliefs on what that is.
Eg. I believe the human was created by a higher enitity, but our spirits where created by something even higher.
I believe god to be the sun or "prana (life energy)" as many religions hint that.

To the point.....
I have Heard someone talk to me 3 times. It was in my head while in a deep trance.
It called my name and asked if i could here them. Two times it was a male and one time it was a female.

On a christian context. The bible speaks of the "wheels upon wheels' to reach god.
I believe this is reference to be "merkabah" which is the spirits light vehicle.
So in order to reach god you must first be in spirit.
If you do not believe the spirit and body to be two separate things, i presume that's why u have not heard from "god"

Wheels upon wheels i chakras in hinduism.

The Bible says "wheels in wheels", that is different that wheels upon wheels. Also, the wheel is on the flag of India and the flag of the Romani, or Gypsi people.

Here is the first reference to Ezekiel's wheels

"Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the River Chebar, that the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God . . . "Then I looked, and behold, a whirlwind was coming out of the north, a great cloud with raging fire engulfing itself; and brightness was all around it and radiating out of its midst like the color of amber, out of the midst of the fire. Also from within it came the likeness of four living creatures . . . Now as I looked at the living creatures, behold, a wheel was on the earth beside each living creature with its four faces. The appearance of the wheels and their workings was like the color of beryl, and all four had the same likeness. The appearance of their workings was, as it were, A WHEEL IN THE MIDDLE OF A WHEEL. " (Ezekiel 1:1, 4-5,15-16, NKJV)

There were a whirlwind of fire, and four creatures.

"And I looked, and there in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubim, there appeared something like a sapphire stone, having the appearance of the likeness of a throne. Then He spoke to the man clothed with linen, and said, 'Go in among the wheels, under the cherub, fill your hands with coals of fire from among the cherubim, and scatter them over the city.' And he went in as I watched. "Then it happened, when He commanded the man clothed in linen, saying, 'Take fire from among the wheels, from among the cherubim,' that he went in and stood beside the wheels. And when I looked, there were four wheels by the cherubim, one wheel by one cherub and another wheel by each other cherub; the wheels appeared to have the color of a beryl stone. As for their appearance, all four looked alike—as it were, A WHEEL IN THE MIDDLE OF A WHEEL." (Ezekiel 10:1-2, 6, 9-10, NKJV)

While we may assume it means just wheels as though they were chariot wheels, it could have been simply the apparatus for anything

wheel    [hweel, weel] Show IPA noun 1. a circular frame or disk arranged to revolve on an axis, as on or in vehicles or machinery. 2. any machine, apparatus, instrument, etc., shaped like this or having a circular frame, disk, or revolving drum as an essential feature: a potter's wheel; roulette wheel; spinning wheel. 3. steering wheel. 4. Nautical . a. a circular frame with an axle connecting to the rudder of a ship, for steering: He took the wheel during the storm. b. a paddle wheel. c. a propeller. 5. Informal . a bicycle. EXPAND verb (used with object) 15. to cause to turn, rotate, or revolve, as on an axis. 16. to perform (a movement) in a circular or curving direction. 17. to move, roll, or convey on wheels, casters, etc.: The servants wheel the tables out. 18. to provide (a vehicle, machine, etc.) with wheels.

Whatever Ezekiel saw, it did not take him to God, it was where God was and where He interacted with the creatures from. Whatever this apparatus was, it created fire. Some people associate this with a UFO and in the classic definition, that is what it was. It was unidentified, it was flying and it was an object. But we cannot say it was simply from an alien planet. We know it was extra-terrestrial because it was not from this planet. The truth is, we don't really know what it looked like, we can only imagine, but it is clear, a wheel was within another wheel. A fire with coals burned under it. It was something Ezekiel had never seen before, otherwise he would have been able to say what it was.

Maybe it was a steam engine, we don't really know. We can apply all kinds of definitions according to our understanding of the world around us.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Binder

You can't look at your wife with lust because she's your wife.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Ah ok my mistake, my memory deludes me... Still as you said, one should not limit themselves to a single belief pattern as you only limit yourself.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by apushforenlightment

Ah ok my mistake, my memory deludes me... Still as you said, one should not limit themselves to a single belief pattern as you only limit yourself.

Lol in the video above they even show the chakra points. To look at god from one view and not see him from the other views is in my view of thinking foolish. You miss out on so much information of you just look from the Christian Side. All roads eventually leads to rome we say. All paths in the end leads to enlightment and becoming one with god. You can struggle all you want against it and not listen to him/she/it but in the end you will be one with god/the devine. When the student is ready for the lesson then the master appears.

Sorry this was not really meant as answer that you where looking from only one direction. This was my strange mind going in some strange direction and wanted to make a point that a person should not do it
. I always try to question myself and others because I makes me grow. What I write is what I belive now and what I belive is changing/evolving. Namaste

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You say that the new covenant's fulfilling of the law by grafting the spirit, or nature of God into man by the sacrifice of his Son is Absurd!? and then list the very passages that say, and prove this, but list them as proof that my position is absurd. You don't make much sense. I think you misread something. The law is fulfilled in that we don't have to be bound to a set of rules because the purpose of those rules is already accomplished Check out Romans 2:15.
BTW the condescending tone is exactly why people don't like christians. We deserve it. We beg for it, and it is why I hold 2 cemetery err... I mean semenary degrees, but won't go near most churches the sepulchral joints just aren't for me. By the way heresy is not even a sin get over it. The "church" murdered people for it for years, and God doensn't even give 2 red cents about it. Heresy is man's invention to justify killing people who disagree with them.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Binder

You say that the new covenant's fulfilling of the law by grafting the spirit, or nature of God into man by the sacrifice of his Son is Absurd!?

No, I said the notion that because we are under grace we have a license to sin is absurd. Paul shreds that ridiculous notion in Romans chapters 2 & 3.

and then list the very passages that say, and prove this, but list them as proof that my position is absurd. You don't make much sense. I think you misread something.

Other way around actually.

The law is fulfilled in that we don't have to be bound to a set of rules because the purpose of those rules is already accomplished Check out Romans 2:15.

Preaching to the choir. Also in Romans chapter 14 Paul makes the argument that those who are trying to follow all God's laws in the flesh instead of realizing their freedom in Christ Jesus are "weak" in the faith.

BTW the condescending tone is exactly why people don't like christians. We deserve it. We beg for it, and it is why I hold 2 cemetery err... I mean semenary degrees, but won't go near most churches the sepulchral joints just aren't for me.

Okay, cool. That's between you and God anyways, who am I to judge another man's servant?

By the way heresy is not even a sin get over it.

Get over it really? I was under the impression we are to contend earnestly for the faith. I suppose I misread that verse, It happens. And if we are to worship God in Spirit and in truth, how exactly is that feasible if we do not have the truth????

The "church" murdered people for it for years, and God doensn't even give 2 red cents about it. Heresy is man's invention to justify killing people who disagree with them.

Okay, we don't need sound doctrine and truth instead of traditions of men or doctrines of demons? Well, I suppose you learn something new everyday afterall.

edit on 29-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You know something funny, NoturTypical, and you will laugh at this because you know it is true. People who tell us Christians not to take the Bible literal, themselves take it literal when telling us that God is cruel. They say "you Christians are foolish for believing God can be like this" and then turn around and say "God is like this". It appears they have more faith in the literal than most Christians.

In their argument, they prove God exists in the literal sense. I think we could say to them "So you are telling me that God does this literal thing...so mathematically...if A equals B and B equals C, then A equals C. They believe in God, but they have problems with His actions. But if God has actions, then He must be real. And if He is real and His actions are real, then by acknowledging Him and His actions, He then has some type of power through His actions. People who deny God are not really denying God, they just don't agree with Him. And He must be real if people can think about His actions before deciding to agree or not agree with Him. Therefore, God is real, His actions are real and their belief in Him is real. They just don't want to agree with the actions.

That is why I think if it were never recorded that God did those things, and it was only presented that God did wonderful, sappy, nice things that people want, then people would be more willing to agree with Him. They have given credence to God in their very discussion of what God does. They believe in God, they just don't want to admit it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

You know something funny, NoturTypical, and you will laugh at this because you know it is true. People who tell us Christians not to take the Bible literal, themselves take it literal when telling us that God is cruel. They say "you Christians are foolish for believing God can be like this" and then turn around and say "God is like this". It appears they have more faith in the literal than most Christians.

In their argument, they prove God exists in the literal sense. I think we could say to them "So you are telling me that God does this literal thing...so mathematically...if A equals B and B equals C, then A equals C. They believe in God, but they have problems with His actions. But if God has actions, then He must be real. And if He is real and His actions are real, then by acknowledging Him and His actions, He then has some type of power through His actions. People who deny God are not really denying God, they just don't agree with Him. And He must be real if people can think about His actions before deciding to agree or not agree with Him. Therefore, God is real, His actions are real and their belief in Him is real. They just don't want to agree with the actions.

That is why I think if it were never recorded that God did those things, and it was only presented that God did wonderful, sappy, nice things that people want, then people would be more willing to agree with Him. They have given credence to God in their very discussion of what God does. They believe in God, they just don't want to admit it.

You know, after reading this post i thought back to all the "discussions" (times atheists bashed me with this very concept) and youre right. People who are disgruntled over God's actions and try to use the bible to tell us how evil he is are actually admitting he exists, they just do not agree with his actions. It's funny you actually caught onto this, i had been thinking about this same thing off and on i just never made the connection as to why therye pissed at him. Theyre pissed at God because he doesn't blow rainbows and sunshine up their asses.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Theyre pissed at God because he doesn't blow rainbows and sunshine up their asses.

Yes, that's the "argument from evil" fallacy. In their minds, God must maximize pleasure and minimize pain or if not He cannot possibly exist.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I was thinking about something the other day, and how people sometimes describe conversations and relationships with God. This is the Christian God we're talking about now. Well I am getting to the point of being pissed off that he/she/it keeps ignoring me, and not answering my calls for conversation. For that matter, he has never talked to anyone I know either and they are almost 100% coming from Christian back grounds. Especially my grandparents, they are straight up holy rollers. This is meant to be light hearted and humorous but honest too, because I have called out many times for the affirmation I so desire but am constantly ignored.

What would you like to talk about?

I am all ears.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You know something funny, NoturTypical, and you will laugh at this because you know it is true.

Yes, and let me suggest not to bring that up to them, it won't go over too well. What really puzzles me more than that is an unbeliever will stand upon Biblical principles to argue against Biblical principles.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by sputniksteve

Why would God talk to you if you are hurting others, or leading others to sin. Furthermore each time you look at a woman with lust you are sinning against God's future bride. Do you not also know that God hates all that do iniquity?
edit on 29-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Because I thought God was supposed to be pretty understanding of us mortals and not so decisive as to hate us for masturbating or looking at porn. I would think God would try and reach out to us sinners instead of only talking with his followers. I thought that was the whole point, that's why I am asking questions because I don't understand.

You sure God hates people?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Why would God talk to you if you are hurting others, or leading others to sin. Furthermore each time you look at a woman with lust you are sinning against God's future bride. Do you not also know that God hates all that do iniquity?
edit on 29-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Because I thought God was supposed to be pretty understanding of us mortals and not so decisive as to hate us for masturbating or looking at porn. I would think God would try and reach out to us sinners instead of only talking with his followers. I thought that was the whole point, that's why I am asking questions because I don't understand. You sure God hates people?

What part about him being the "righteous God" is hard to comprehend? So you think if you do evil things the righteous God is supposed to talk to you anyway? Thats a rather conceited way to look at things.

He did reach out to you he sent Yahshua (Jesus) the Christ. So your response is to blame him for your failures? Adam did the same thing, he blamed Yah for his fall because Yah gave him the woman he asked for in the first place, when he could have just asked Yah to forgive him. You want God to talk to you when youre living outside of accordance with him. Wow thats some audacity. You have no right to ask anything of him as long as you refuse to submit to him and keep living in your wickedness.

BTW, food for thought. Whenever youre pulling your plug or watching porn, he sees everything youre doing, he and any angels thatre battling the fallen in your midst. The part about him being omnipresent and omniscient is he knows everything and he is everwhere. Thats gotta be embarrasing

edit on 30-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Theyre pissed at God because he doesn't blow rainbows and sunshine up their asses.

LOL

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with masturbation.
It depends on which directions you want to go..... the purpose of abstaining from sexual pleasures is to stop the production of sperm in the human body. When the body stops producing, the energy used in this process can then be directed to a more spiritual cause. Semen is a material version of (life Energy), If you are not pouring it out onto the computer screen, you will be harnessing its power for the development of yourself.
I am very spiritual, but still do not follow this path, for it is free will.

And have you ever wondered that he is speaking to you, but you are just not listening? Things from the other side work in mysterious ways, Like being in the right place at the right time, or meeting someone new in a time of need etc.
Maybe his talking to you in your dreams but you do not realize...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Adam did the same thing, he blamed Yah for his fall

No, he did not.

because Yah gave him the woman he asked for in the first place,

He did not ask for her. And it was not her who gave Adam the "apple". In fact, only Adam directly is criticized for having eaten the fruit. Eve is not mentioned in this context, though both seem to have eaten from it.

The part about Eve being the one who "made" Adam eat the fruit is the nice and dandy part the jewish priests abused for centuries to blame the women for every evil.

when he could have just asked Yah to forgive him.

And that is exactly what God did. He forgave him. In fact, it was God Himself who TAUGHT Adam how to ASK for forgiveness.

Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful. - Qur'an, 2:37

But then, of course, if you would accept this simple truth, there would be no more "original sin" and no more need for "God" (Jesus) to die on the cross for us to be forgiven, so the whole paulian house of cards would shatter ...
edit on 30/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join