It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR 2012: "Time to Attack Iran; Why a Strike Is the Least Bad Option"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

January/February 2012
Foreign Affairs

Opponents of military action against Iran assume a U.S. military strike would be far more dangerous than simply letting Tehran build a bomb. Not so, argues this former Pentagon defense planner. With a carefully designed strike, Washington could mitigate the costs—or at least bring them down to a bearable level—and spare the region and the world from an unacceptable threat.

www.cfr.org...

With all the information coming out in the last few months, I cannot see US/NATO not supporting Israeli 100% upon their first strike...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
IMO, a strike is imminent. Iran are making things worse for themselves. Threatening to blockade the Straits if Hormuz (spelling) and then the US navy saying they wouldn't allow a blockade to proceed. Iran are playing a very dangerous game, is it be because Putin told them to? Perhaps. Is it Iran trying to bully the bullies? Maybe. Is it asking NATO to strike? Yes.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This has been building up for sometime. As TPTB start to lose because the people are waking up they start a war have a FF to take everyone's eyes the other way. Same story different date.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

Israel and the U.S. are discussing "red lines" in Iran's nuclear program, that if crossed would justify a preemptive strike on its nuclear facilities, the Daily Beast website reported on Wednesday. According to the report, Israel's ambassador to the U.S., Michael Oren, filed an official complaint with the administration following a speech by U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta a few weeks ago, warning against a military strike on Iran.

Look at how Panetta is bending over for Israel. Just goes to show who is running the show from behind the scenes while they ignore the will of the American people.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelloJCneedsomehelp

This has been building up for sometime. As TPTB start to lose because the people are waking up they start a war have a FF to take everyone's eyes the other way. Same story different date.

Wrong.

TPTB (if there is any such unified group, i doubt it), certainly know that a new war will cause mass protests and perhaps riots. There needs to be a justification, simply going in and bombing Iran on suspicion of making a bomb will drive those already inclined to protest (OWSers) and those sitting on the fence to protest again in earnest.

I think if war does come down, mass protests will take place, and possibly the government will use these protests as excuse to declare martial law and eventually a one party system and the installation of Obama as your new dictator-in-chief.

Have fun with that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
When CFR order....

Right now Iran threat to block the Hormuz strait....

Bad news on the horizon

We are doomed!

S&F.

edit on 28-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Considered by many here in America to be the World Puppet Masters or those that pulls the Strings, the CFR is deep in talks about planning and preparing for the attack on Iran. Scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If the civilian populations of the WAR zones are INNOCENT whay are they in harms way?

Cannot a super power EMP device shut down any potential threat from any nation??? SO why BOmbs or potential nukes?

None of this makes sense but I guess some understand somewhere???

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Watch for a mainstream press which fought against Iraq and Bush to suddenly have a change of heart and support this war with all of their might. Look for bogus stories on Iranian plans for decimate the United States with nuclear weapons and a battle royale between Ron Paul and Obama in the debates on this issue. The Peace Prize winner will have some 'splaining to do. Unless Romney or other top-tier candidate wins the nod then it'll be all cumbaya lets go to war together.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So in the END the Earth Vibrations SHALL DROP due to a selected few yet ALL may be effected by the Earth rebalancing itself from the negative energy/Vibrations some beings* produce. SAD ( from 1 of my fav artist) ITS ANYBODIES GAME - BUT NOBODIES WINNING? SMH
edit on 12/28/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
If the civilian populations of the WAR zones are INNOCENT whay are they in harms way?

Cannot a super power EMP device shut down any potential threat from any nation??? SO why BOmbs or potential nukes?

Absolutely right, Ophiuchus.

But they need to Start a NEW WAR to restart the Economy Collapse.

They need destruction, loss of population on vaste scale to regrowth and restart again...

They need an horrible WAR to hide something (in their opinion) more horrible.

An Evil Cicle.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

They need destruction, loss of population on vaste scale to regrowth and restart again...

An Evil Cicle.

Arken, what heats me is the fact that if this is the case and THEY have an agenda. HOW CAN THEY BE SURE THEY HAVE ALL THE ITEMS OF INFLUENCE. They may start this global game of ignorance to reset finances or control population and just like that SOMETHING UNEXPECTED MAY INTERFERE WITH THEIR projected results, they cannot be that naive and if they are, MAY THE LIGHT, LIGHT THEIR PATH A LOT MORE. I mean worst case scenario you got the NWO kicking in going as planned humans demonstrate their ignorance to each other by placing each other in camps or jails or graves (enslaving ALL WHY BEING COSMICLY OBSERVED*?)and then as soon as they feel everything is ok NWO is running fine DIVINE INTERVENTION FROM THE COSMOS OCCURS FROM INTELLIGENT BEINGS OR CELESTIAL OBJECTS OR BOTH LIKE A GRAB AND REMOVE FROM DANGER ZONE SITUATION AND GET THEM WHO NEED GOT-- AND FURTHER WHAT IF THE INTERVENTION INCLUDED THE CAPTURE AND DISCUSSION OF THE EVOL TPTB FOR DEEDS DONE? Do they really feel its all under control ??? WITH THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, THEY HAVE UNDERESTIMATED THE CREATOR THEN AND HIS GOD* SENDS OR ANGELS. This is a MAJOR GAMBLE on those who may be influencing this PART. ANd usually when you gamble BIG YOU FAIL HARD... SO its their ROLE of the DICE.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

spare the region and the world from an unacceptable threat.

...and this plonker wants to bomb Iran? Since when is Iran a threat at all?

I would consider a nation a threat when they blindly invade numerous countries to topple "dictators" they don't like in the pursuit of oil.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
When are people going to wake up and realise that these governments decide if we live or die.
They dont give a crap about you or me. All they care about is money and power. We have
been brainwashed to believe everything we do,we do for the love of our country. Its all a load
of lies.

If they do invade iran. We better hope and pray that china and russia dont fight side by side with iran. If they do, then most of us will suffer. Suffer because a few human beings (governments) love deciding who lives and who dies.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

One piece that's certain, but sidestepped, is that an attack against Iran will require a full commitment; hence, that bit about mitigating costs makes no sense. But I suppose I ought not assume Kroenig does not believe what exits from his mouth. I mean Paul Wolfowitz evidently believed and testified before the U.S. Congress that OIF would be or could be funded by Iraqi oil proceeds. Drrrr ... oops!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

January/February 2012
Foreign Affairs

Opponents of military action against Iran assume a U.S. military strike would be far more dangerous than simply letting Tehran build a bomb. Not so, argues this former Pentagon defense planner. With a carefully designed strike, Washington could mitigate the costs—or at least bring them down to a bearable level—and spare the region and the world from an unacceptable threat.

www.cfr.org...

With all the information coming out in the last few months, I cannot see US/NATO not supporting Israeli 100% upon their first strike...
I too think Israel will strike first.But i didnt see US and NATO alongside them!As far as todays statement of their threat to close the the strait of Hormuz?We have been saying for years we would never allow that to happen...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
We have been saying for years we would never allow that to happen...

We as in the world, correct?

China gets their oil from that region as well, so I cannot see them standing idle....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

An Evil Cicle.

Arken, what heats me is the fact that if this is the case and THEY have an agenda. HOW CAN THEY BE SURE THEY HAVE ALL THE ITEMS OF INFLUENCE. They may start this global game of ignorance to reset finances or control population and just like that SOMETHING UNEXPECTED MAY INTERFERE WITH THEIR projected results, they cannot be that naive and if they are, MAY THE LIGHT, LIGHT THEIR PATH A LOT MORE. I mean worst case scenario you got the NWO kicking in going as planned humans demonstrate their ignorance to each other by placing each other in camps or jails or graves (enslaving ALL WHY BEING COSMICLY OBSERVED*?)and then as soon as they feel everything is ok NWO is running fine DIVINE INTERVENTION FROM THE COSMOS OCCURS FROM INTELLIGENT BEINGS OR CELESTIAL OBJECTS OR BOTH LIKE A GRAB AND REMOVE FROM DANGER ZONE SITUATION AND GET THEM WHO NEED GOT-- AND FURTHER WHAT IF THE INTERVENTION INCLUDED THE CAPTURE AND DISCUSSION OF THE EVOL TPTB FOR DEEDS DONE? Do they really feel its all under control ??? WITH THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, THEY HAVE UNDERESTIMATED THE CREATOR THEN AND HIS GOD* SENDS OR ANGELS. This is a MAJOR GAMBLE on those who may be influencing this PART. ANd usually when you gamble BIG YOU FAIL HARD... SO its their ROLE of the DICE.

I agree, friend.

But Council of Foreign Affairs, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission, Senior Rewiew Group and many other have an huge impact on the decision. They are the pillars of the wall and their duty is to hide the secret of the secrets. Economy is only a tool and so the wars. They know who is/are God/Gods and in their persective they follow his laws and "desiderata". The Georgia Guide Stones....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

they just need to sink some tankers in the shallow zones of hormuz and it will be extremely difficult to transport oil for months to come.

new topics

top topics

join