It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Appoints Carlyle Group Member To Federal Reserve Board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This just in for your review:

Obama Appoints Carlyle Group Member To Federal Reserve Board
Posted on Dec 27, 2011 in Federal Reserve & Bankers
By Kevin Hayden

While on vacation in Hawaii (again?), Obama tapped Jerome Powell to serve on the Federal Reserve Board of Governors.
Powel served as the undersecretary for finance under President George H. W. Bush and was a partner of The Carlyle Group. The Carlyle Group is a massive private equity firm and one of the largest defense contractors in the world.
They’re made up of some of the most influential policymakers over the last five administrations including both Bush presidents, former Secretary of State James Baker III, former Secretary of Defense Frank Carlucci, former Clinton Chief of Staff Mack McLarty, and former SEC Chairman Arthur Levitt to name a few.

Frank Carlucci, former Sec. of Defense, was also on the Board of Directors for Westinghouse and CBS, where he controlled a massive source of media, nuclear power plants, electric companies, and can sway public opinion. Now he’s a top dog at the Federal Reserve. Wonderful.
www.truthistreason.net...

More twists and turns coming our way?

Mugshot:

Looks pretty smarmy, eh?
edit on 12/28/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

It should be fairly clear to all of the Obama worshippers that he is nothing like what you imagined him to be. He seems to know and collude with some very powerful people in this world. He certainly isn't chasing them out of Washington as the messiah had promised to do.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Defense industries doesn't run countries, central banks run countries.

Central banks tell countries if they can afford wars, or if a war is needed to reset the economy. They also make money through indispensable industries, like defense.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Crony capitalism at it's finest. Some may recall that there was a meeting of the Carlyle group in Washington on the morning of 9/11. Purely coincidental to be sure.
Smarminess is the least of our problems. It was bad enough shuffling all the Goldman Sachs people in to the administration, now this.
If anybody can't tell this bus is going over the cliff they don't have their eyes open.
Color me disgusted.

ABOLISH THE FED!

edit on 28-12-2011 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Remember, Carlisle group picked up a ton of Dannie mae right before housing bubble popped too.
FannieMae I mean

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Gotta wonder about that leverage.

ABOLISH THE FED.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I was writing on a tiny little keyboard earlier, forgive me, it was a challenge just to get that out.

I don't know what happened to the Carlisle Group outrage - you used to see it in conspiracy circles. There really is a lot that makes one go hmmmm.....

The thing about it is, ok, you've got this group comprised of a LOT of ex-US presidents - so they get CIA information, as I understand, or at least they are privy to it - and of course any information that they gathered while in office.

Then you've got big players in some major countries that we depend on - IE the Saudis, UAE, ect. Now, we talk about IRAN and human rights - but the Saudis and the UAE get a free pass....and if you know anything about those two...whew. Something is wrong there.

So they buy up a lot of Fannie Mae real estate sector before it goes POP. Then they say there has to be a bail out.

So what position does this sort of thing leave the US govt in? Really? Could it be possible that if you DO NOT bail out the FANNIE MAE that you tick the Saudi princes off and all the other rich RULERS of these other countries?

Seriously, it's like the rulers' investment club. Insider information out the ying yang. And us poor little morons sit around going ohhhhh, ahhhhh wow, look how SUCCESSFUL they are - WOW, they make a LOT OF MONEY.

While we are oohin' and ahh'in our wallets are deflating.

top topics

join