It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Omits Ron Paul and calls him 'someone else'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I know I am sorry, it is very obvious but the way I see it, we are making a case reports and evidence for our future posterity and generations in case Ron Paul does not win. I just want people not necessarily members of ATS to see, but all the outside visitors that this is extremely biased once again calling a top candidate 'someone else'

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- As you're being inundated with wall-to-wall coverage of the Iowa caucuses this week, keep the following number in mind: zero. The quest for the GOP's presidential nomination is ultimately a race for delegates. With 2,286 delegates attending the party's national convention in Tampa at the end of August, the backing of slightly over half of that group -- 1,144 -- will be needed for Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, or someone else to capture the prize.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Not just a top candidate, but the top candidate.

Why doesn't the MSM simply run a headline saying:

There IS No Such Person As 'Ron Paul', and get it out of their system?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm surprised they were so kind. I would have expected them to start referring to him as the Grand Wizard by now.
edit on 28-12-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
(reopening thread. Title coincidence)

...though, honestly, they didn't list anyone other than the two front runners. You could also make the case that they're slighting Bachmann.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I thought of that too thats why I said top candidates.

If you compare all the someone elses, there is one 'someone else' who is doing better than romney and gingrich.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I was shocked to see this closed so quickly. And really shocked to see it reopened. Never saw that on ATS before. I was just about to throw a paranoia fit...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
(reopening thread. Title coincidence)

...though, honestly, they didn't list anyone other than the two front runners. You could also make the case that they're slighting Bachmann.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

The two front runners as in Romney and Gingrich? I guess the fact that Ron Paul is more of a front runner than those 2 does not matter. Last i saw, Gingrich was at 14% while Ron Paul was at 21%, Romney at 20%. How can they be frontrunners when they are behind Ron?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

They seem to be talking about who's the national front runners rather than the front runners in Iowa (where Paul is in the lead.) I checked the polls here www.realclearpolitics.com... and noticed there's a difference in the popularity lineup for Iowa and the results reported for polling the nation's Republicans.

In such a mixed-bag race with no clear winners, they could probably be accused of slighting Cain, Bachmann, Huntsman, and Santorum -- and in fact you could make a better case for them ignoring Huntsman since there are far more reports on Paul than on Huntsman at this point. The media's basically ignoring the last four unless they say something very outrageous.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
whew, I'm sure glad Dr. Paul is someone else, and not another cloned politician.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They're still at it - ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room that is:

CNN:
CNN Poll: Romney On Top, Gingrich Fading & Santorum Rising In Iowa
December 28th, 2011
03:55 PM ET
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

The pic supplied for their article:

Oooo, oooooh! Where's Ron?! he must have put on his invisible man suit.

I used to watch CNN almost exclusively, so don't peg me as a CNN basher. I bash 'em all nowadays, and watch none of 'em. Dirty rat bastards.

edit on 12/28/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: a number of slight mistakes

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Paul is the only honest canidate..... He is the only chance America has for a future as a nation. Paul will end the Federal Reserve scam and put the banksters out of business. I would also bet he would proscute them which is something neither administration has done.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was following these "Ron Paul threads" for awhile now. The manipulation of the news in US is outrageous. I'm from Europe, so watching the situation (specifically, how Ron Paul is being ignored by the media) from aside feels kinda surreal, because in my country, you can feel how the media is trying to do the oposite - bash (not directly) the government and try to make the people wake up and go to the streets.

I watch CNN international a lot. When there are news coverage about the Iowa caucus shown, you can clearly see how everyone are trying NOT to talk about Ron Paul. I saw several coverages so far and did not see Ron Paul in them. The only two times he was mentioned, was when the news caster asked about him and when some other candidate talked how he probably would not vote for Ron Paul because of his newsletters and his view on Iran.

What I want to say with this post is that, the message is spreading. Keep going

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
And that's just one of THREE negative Paul articles on CNN today alone!!!!

Here's an excerpt from another,"The more Paul rises, the more he needs to temper his rhetoric and fine-tune his message (especially given the kind of baggage he carries). And the more he needs a fine-tuned message, the more he has to control his fractious fans. But people who organize themselves online today are notoriously hard to control.

Full article if you want to read this crap also-

www.cnn.com... +rss%2Fcnn_allpolitics+%28RSS%3A+Politics%29

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
And that's just one of THREE negative Paul articles on CNN today alone!!!!

Here's an excerpt from another,"The more Paul rises, the more he needs to temper his rhetoric and fine-tune his message (especially given the kind of baggage he carries). And the more he needs a fine-tuned message, the more he has to control his fractious fans. But people who organize themselves online today are notoriously hard to control.

Full article if you want to read this crap also-

www.cnn.com... +rss%2Fcnn_allpolitics+%28RSS%3A+Politics%29

LOL, they have stooped to name calling?

'Paulbots'?? Seriously??

Oh no, I don't want to be labeled a "paulbot" so I better vote for someone else.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

The "Paulbots" comment doesn't bother me. What bothered me is THREE anti-Ron Paul articles in one day on CNN and the comments,"especially given the kind of baggage he carries".

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
it's better than being the grinch who stole iowa, or a romney the zombie.

paulbots unite.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Okay, just got off the phone with one Nichole Sizemore(Asst Media Relations Director for the Iowa GOP) regarding them holding the tabulation FROM the precincts at a secret location. She said, "We are preparing a press release to go out SHORTLY to address the Politico article and now, CNN reports of us moving the tabulation from the precincts" She says the articles are confusing some as to how the process was to be carried out and the press release will address that.

I asked her if the "press release" would be sent to Politico and CNN specifically. She said it would, amongst others.

Sorry guys, I'm really into this!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Oh I agree, I just thought it was funny how they are really pulling out all the stops.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Thank you for the update. I think I'm through with politics after this election. This whole thing is a media/establishment sham and it's REALLY pissing me off. I'm aware that there is always BS in the media, but I've never heard of such a coordinated attack from ALL media outlets trying to completely destroy ONE candidate by ignoring, posting false poll info, obvious smearing and now name calling the supporters (EDIT: other than the 08' nonsense against Paul) with all their efforts on T.V. Radio, internet etc.

edit on 28-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Annnnd here's more nonsense to put in the file cabinet from Fox News.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join