It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul a racist?? Everyone obama is afriad of = there a racist.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by getreadyalready

I don't really define racism as hating another race. I see it more as someone viewing people as inferior and/or "different" soley based on the color of their skin.

There doesn't have to be hate in it at all. Someone can say, "Oh he's black, he must run fast"...and that is racist...doesn't mean the person hates the black person they are talking about, but they are making a judgment on them only based on their skin color or race.

And this is why I personally believe that Ron Paul is racist. I don't think he hates black people...but I definitely think he has pre-concieved judgements of them based on the color of their skin.

Good point. People usually take Racism, Bigotry, and Prejudice to mean the same thing (sometimes I get caught in that trap as well) but they don't. Racisim is the closest to the definition you gave if memory serves me right.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Chewingonmushrooms would you be so kind as to explain this charge that you make against this person who began this thread. I want to clearly understand the facts behind your personal charge against him and also because I wouldnt want anyone to claim "troll" on you or anything rediculous like that.

Thanks Friend!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES

Chewingonmushrooms would you be so kind as to explain this charge that you make against this person who began this thread. I want to clearly understand the facts behind your personal charge against him and also because I wouldnt want anyone to claim "troll" on you or anything rediculous like that.

Thanks Friend!

Which charge kind sir? Racism charge or the (self corrected) bigoted charge?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

See I should have read on... I see that in your first response you said,

"and your support is exactly the type of support he does not need."

So let me get this straight, calling this man Ron Paul a "Loon" is the kind of support Ron Paul needs?

I'm confused? You first message seemed genuine and so I asked a genuine question because I felt that you might be considered as "having an agenda"....

Perhaps if you had just come out with the "Loon" statement first I would not have replied so I hereby retract my question.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is exactly what I'm talking about. So observing the differences in other races makes someone a "racist" by the new definition.

So much to sort out...

(1) Yes. Correct. Races and gender have differences. Men and women have different physical strengths. They have different biological make-up. Different ethnicities have slightly different genetics and thus are disposed to have different strengths. Different cultures have different values and mores....

Racism, Bigotry, Misogny, Ethnocentrism etc. only applies when folks assign a lessor value to a group of human being based on those differences. Ex: On Average women are better swimmers than men, better mothers etc.
Being different is great...but when a man believes that being a good mother is not as important as being a good football player? That the qualities that make up a woman are inferrior to men? That is misogny...extrapolate to other biases...race, culture etc.

(2) Ron Paul has disavowed the writings...so by inference...Ron Paul feels the remarks were racist.
He says that it was a newsletter that he did not author, for what it is worth I believe him. Most people who have dug into the newsletters quickly acknowledge that the writing style diverges greatly from Ron Paul's.

(3) Obama is not behind this attack on Ron Paul. Obama would want Paul in the race, it would divide the GOP voters and erode the base. THAT is cold, hard truth. The Obama startegists hope and pray that Paul stays in the race.

(4) Yes...what was in those Newsletters was racist...unless you think this is not "“opinion polls consistently show only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions,” Or "We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational."
Not to mention the letters advocated rounding up Aids victims for quaranteen etc. etc.

Paul had a whole group of people cranking out those newsletters, maybe he should have kept a tighter leash on the editorial content. He didn't write the letters, he acknowledged he should have been overseeing what was going out and in the past he has said he accepts "moral responsibility" for the content, since it carried his name.

I don't believe Ron Paul is a racist, I do believe anyone who thinks those newsletters were right is a racist...and Ron Paul would agree with that as he has disavowed the writings as racist.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

First of all I didn't outright call him a loon, I said "Is Ron Paul a loon? Yes you can argue that" which isn't the same as saying he is one. Everything that comes out of my mouth is genuine, because it's honestly how I feel, I don't care much for agendas or teams, or anything. I voted for Ron Paul in 2007, back before it was a fad to be a RP supporter. In 2003 I voted for Dennis Kucinich. So obviously I support the man not the party label.

I like Ron Paul, but will I vote for him again? Maybe. Am I a supporter, no not like some that view him as the next coming of the messiah. But then again I don't blame them because it's good to have some hope, I just hope it doesn't cloud their judgement to the point where they cannot remain objective. I support him because he speaks with honesty (at least from his view point), but will I vote for him, I don't know. Honestly I have very little faith in the system and voting is becoming more and more of a joke (Just IMO of course).

My problem lies with the ideal that the markets are a holy force and must be deregulated completely. That's a major hiccup for me atm, and I mean MAJOR. But on the same token Obama is a crook and so are all of the other GOP candidates. Ron Paul actually believes what he says and truly cares about this country and it's people, which gains my respect.

Don't mind me today, because for whatever reason (Maybe it was the documentary I saw yesterday "End of Poverty") I am extremely cynical and highly irritable (quiting smoking doesn't help). I'm just sick of all the bickering, greed, intolerance and selfishness -- but today it's heavy on me moreso than most days.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You guys still fall for the "racism" BS?

Racism is promoted by TPTB to keep the sheeple in-fighting, while they rob the hen house blind.
You all spend too much energy, time and money fighting a monster that does not exist.

You all know we are ALL EQUAL.
You ALL know this to be true. Every single one of you know this.

Skin color is like hair color, and there are more cultural differences based on geography than skin color.

Stop being such cry babies.. grow up and shed the chains you have been shackled in.

Racism my eye.
Only sheeple still accept and buy into racism.
Only fools waste energy giving the topic any strength.

If that's the best you've got against RP you have emptied yer chamber.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Nice post.

I agree, some of the statements in the newsletter were very sour, and probably racist. I think just about everyone knows it is not OK to say, "until it was time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks." That is something that should not be said, and should certainly not be in print, and should really, really not come from a political candidate!

But, my post was meant to be on the broader subject of racism. Really..... who cares? We all fit some stereotypes, and we are all exceptions to some stereotypes. We all necessarily make snap judgements based on first appearances, it is a survival instinct that would be stupid to deny. We also all have some intellect that allows us to adapt those first impressions based upon the individual as more information becomes available. So, we are all instinctively racist to a certain harmless extent, but only those that choose to ignore their own intellect should be criticized.

I think the whole "racism" debate should go away permanently. It is really an intelligence debate afterall. It isn't about who is or isn't racist. It is about who will or won't use their intellect, logic, and observation to overcome their pre-conceived notions or first impressions. So, we could do away with the whole "racist" debate, and just call them idiots, and be more accurate.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Skin color is like hair color, and there are more cultural differences based on geography than skin color.

Very well said! I'm glad someone recognizes the truth in the sense that differences are ok. We are all equally human, and yet different, but the differences have more to do with classes, cultural identity and environment than any eugenic explanation like those given here in broad generalizations and quoted as "facts".

Originally posted by Indigo5

Best post so far, thank you for articulating it better than I could have even if I tried lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by Nana2
welll, let's not forget about obama's racist tendencies, shall we? His admin refused to prosecute the blacks initimidating white voters with baseball bats in the 2008 elections. The cop who arrested his friend,.... obama said the cop acted "stupidly" without even getting the facts first. In that same incident, obama made a statement along the lines of blacks being disproprtionatley arrested , or something like that.

oh wait, I forgot! It's not racism when it is done against white people!

What about the 100,000's minorities (predominately) and "felons" who's votes weren't counted in 2000 election? Didn't see GWB going after the people that made it happen either. How about 2004 diebold machines irregularities and browncoats in Ohio during the 2004 elections? Nope that's ok too. People cannot have it both ways, omissions are the worse forms of disinformation.

what the heck are you talking about? Felons lose their voting privledges by being a convicted felon. As for 100;000's minorities whose vote didnt count? That sounds like nothing more than a propoganda piece but IF it happened it was wrong. I never said it wouldnt be wrong, if voting offenses occurred on EITHER side. I didnt "omit" anything.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

You didn't see the " " marks next to felons did you? A good portion were falsely labeled as felons (later proven) and their vote negated. Also you do know that different states have different laws on the ability of ex felons being able to vote right?

Also noted was a purge of over 54,000 citizens from the Florida voting rolls identified as felons, of whom 54% were African-Americans. The majority of these were not felons and should have been eligible to vote under Florida law.[8] Additionally, there were many more 'overvotes' than usual, especially in predominantly African-American precincts in Duval county (Jacksonville), where some 27,000 ballots showed two or more choices for President[citation needed]. Unlike the much-discussed Palm Beach County 'butterfly ballot,' the Duval County ballot spread choices for President over two pages with instructions to 'vote on every page' on the bottom of each page.

en.wikipedia.org...

Too lazy to search for other links. If you don't know about the controversies that happened at both the 2000 and 2004 elections (as well as the 2008 which you mentioned) it might be a good idea to research this on your own

I might (lol) have over stated the amount but forgive me because it has been a while.

The point of your post was to link Obama's (supposed) racism to voter intimidation and disenfranchisement right? So my question to you is now that you know that this wasn't an isolated incident do you think GWB is racist? See the point that I was trying to make? I personally don't know if Obama is or he isn't, just curious what you thought about it because from my experience the ones that scream racism the loudest tend to be quite hypocritical when the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
But the point is folks obama and the obama bots used this exact same thing last year or tried.
racist this racist that.

Do you Perhaps remember rev wright?

You seem to be suggesting that Obama and his supporters called his opponents "racist" as a campaign strategy... If that's true, who was behind the charges of "racist" against Obama? Do YOU remember Reverend Wright? Do you remember how so many people called Obama racist during his campaign and first term??? If not, I can do a search and fine PLENTY of threads and posts making the claim... It doesn't make sense that Obama supporters are the people behind this when the charge gets made against every_single_candidate, including Obama... Sorry.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

But the point is folks obama and the obama bots used this exact same thing last year or tried.
racist this racist that.

Do you Perhaps remember rev wright?

You seem to be suggesting that Obama and his supporters called his opponents "racist" as a campaign strategy... If that's true, who was behind the charges of "racist" against Obama? Do YOU remember Reverend Wright? Do you remember how so many people called Obama racist during his campaign and first term??? If not, I can do a search and fine PLENTY of threads and posts making the claim... It doesn't make sense that Obama supporters are the people behind this when the charge gets made against every_single_candidate, including Obama... Sorry.

i made half of the post's on that subject lol

And yes any man who's "FATHER FIGURE" obamas words not mine..
for 15+ years spouts that stuff in the video.
obama IF he disagreed with his preaching would have left way before rev wright got caught by the media.

but thats a different thread lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join