It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Looking For Soldiers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I guess soldiers from another country would have less reservations about firing on australian citizens if the people decide to toss the rotten govts out

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I loved this bit from the article:

"Can't ever imagine putting my life on the line for another country," posted Larry Josefowski, an Iraq War veteran and Army reservist in Delaware, "even for Australia."

That sentence doesn't make him seem too bright.

Why?

Well, he put his life on the line for Iraq...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This may have some information for you guys.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

Short read about the Australian troops in Afghanistan and the cost to Australia. Really quick read.
edit on 30-12-2011 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by steveknows

Aboriginal service in to the ADF? Are you kidding me? They go on walkabout after 5 mins; in the military they call that AWOL.

If you want me to mind my own business then I strongly suggest you go in to private chat or email.....dingbat!
edit on 30-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

You know nothing. I had more than a few aboriginal mates in the army and they were good diggers. Now you are being racist.
edit on 31-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Aboriginal service in to the ADF? Are you kidding me? They go on walkabout after 5 mins; in the military they call that AWOL.

If you want me to mind my own business then I strongly suggest you go in to private chat or email.....dingbat!
edit on 30-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

Mind your own business as in don't be a wannabe mod. numbskull
edit on 31-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I believe you will find that this has been mentioned on another ATS thread a little older than this one. It was from a UK Newspaper calling for Brits to join the Australian Armed Forces.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As I mentioned on that thread, this is nothing new, as ex-UK Armed Forces have been joining the Australian and New Zealand Armed Forces for many years. You will find that the posts are not your normal 'grunt' positions but the technical branches of service. The Royal Navy Newspaper 'Navy News' has been advertising these posts on and off for decades.
edit on 31/12/11 by Wotan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Sure but you failed to say they were'nt full blooded Aboriginals.....but these days you still only need a tiny drop of Aboriginal ancestrial blood to be recognised as one.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Try living in Canada

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Have they considered weaponizing their wildlife?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The last place you want be when WWIII breaks out is Australia.

Indonesia/China will run them over pretty quick seeing how the Australian people lost their rights to own guns awhile back.

White man will get Austrlia back in the end, but I think everyone there will get slaughtered early on when the shooting starts.

Austrlia hasn't been wisely spending all the money they've been getting from China for exporting raw materials to them. Australia/New Zealand lack new military hardware sufficient enough to protect them.

Asia's coming out of their box.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

What are you talking about?

To purchase a hand gun in Australia is as easy as a Maccas drive through these days !

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Sure but you failed to say they were'nt full blooded Aboriginals.....but these days you still only need a tiny drop of Aboriginal ancestrial blood to be recognised as one.

Come on Blue. That's nitpicking. If they're identified by an aboriginal council and the government as aboriginal then they're aboriginal. And as a matter of fact, even though some are whiter than a Brit, alot are easily identifiable as aboriginal and serving in the defence force.
edit on 1-1-2012 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The last place you want be when WWIII breaks out is Australia.

Indonesia/China will run them over pretty quick seeing how the Australian people lost their rights to own guns awhile back.

White man will get Austrlia back in the end, but I think everyone there will get slaughtered early on when the shooting starts.

Austrlia hasn't been wisely spending all the money they've been getting from China for exporting raw materials to them. Australia/New Zealand lack new military hardware sufficient enough to protect them.

Asia's coming out of their box.

Yeah and I guess you'll supply the 5000 fully laden troops ships per day in good weather and not harrased by enemy actions which is what it would take to invade and subdue the Australian continent. You have no idea of just how BIG the country is.'

Guns aren't banned. Just select weapons. A google search could have informed you of that. Thou I've got the feeling you enjoy ignorance.

You have no idea where our war industry is located. You have no idea of plans in place. You have no idea of what is needed to attack/invade and what is needed to defend. This can be seen by your lazy illinformed post.

And you know nothing about Australias military strengths or weaknesses. Just another baseless illinformed uneducated faceless claim on ats.
edit on 1-1-2012 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yeah, we know how that works here in Australia

Just tick the little box as being identifying ones self as Torres Strait islander or Aboriginal and you get priority for everything.....

It's the biggest con job in this country!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I dont think there would be too much hand to hand combat with any invasion of Australia.

Like the US "Shock and Awe", there would be waves of Missiles, bombers etc etc.

Most of the population is on the coast...easy targets.

Of course, if they did attack from the North, just like the Russian Front, the Oz desert would kill most of them. We would kill off the water, fuel etc and they would be stranded.

About this abo business. I really think it is of no importance to the Indigeous man.

They rarely refer to themselves as Aboriginals now, as they have been recognised by the white fella, and huge tracks of land has been returned to them, they now call themselves by their "Skin" or tribe name. That is... they are Kooris, or Nungas, or Pitijjinjaras, or Aruntas, or Narenjeri, or Kharna, etc etc People.
The Native man's country is Not Australia!!. It is where he and his ancestors or tribe where born, their sacred sites, and where his dreaming is at. There are 100s of countries, in the great Island of Australia.
Also the offensive word for Indigeous man was never abo, it was Coon!!!, or even Boong or Boonga. Remember.
They generally refer to themselves as black fellas, just like they call Euros White Fellas...I take no insult in that term.
edit on 1-1-2012 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
I dont think there would be too much hand to hand combat with any invasion of Australia.

It would all start with a trumped up allegation made against Australia by some 3rd world country or possibly a small trading competitor which had made a dodgydeal with a country such as china or India Their objective would be to blame Australia for something and use the old moral draw card to create an action. China would then "feel the need" to support a less developed country against a 1st world greedy country. The U.K would shout down the allegation and show support for it's natural ally, hoping that's all it has to do but in the event would be on our side. The U.S as a matter of course would most likely go through the motions of calling for calm but already know in advance, as would all the coalition, what was coming. The U.S congress might even want to keep the U.S out of it but American popular public opinion would most likely ensure the U.S rattles it's saber along with ours.

The objective of an enemy would not be to invade. It would be to create an action to tie Australia in combat and at the same time take on other powers. Meaning that we can't support those other powers while fighting on our own front. An attack on Australia would be an effort of several countries as it would also be an attack on the status quo being that the U.S, U.K and Canada would find themsleves being attacked as well. The objective all round would be to take away the power of the English speaking world. A force nowhere near big enough would try to land on Australian soil just for the embarrassment factor but all strategist know that the embarrassment isn't in a small party landing somewhere on the longest unbroken coastline in the world but rather if we couldn't get them off and of which we could.

Like the US "Shock and Awe", there would be waves of Missiles, bombers etc etc.

The gulf that seperates Australia from Asia would in wartime be a shooting gallery or like shooting fish in a barrell. And to try to go around and along the east or west coast has the same effect as the longer the trip the greater the logistics involved. People talk about these things but don't seem to understand that Australia wouldn't be waiting for them to get here before the first Australian shot is fired. At the very moment of an obvious hostile act, and a flotilla would be seen as a hostile act, Australia would put a 200 klm exclusion zone around our sovereign waters meaning that we add 200 ks to our territorial waters and meaning that any ship caught within that exclusion zone would be sunk without warning so any ship there without permission would be the bad guy. Also it's easy to see them coming as our early warning system can pick up a sparrow fart at an airport in singapore so any mass shipping and preperation in any country in our region would be noted strait away.

Most of the population is on the coast...easy targets.

Again assuming the ADF with be at a bbq when it starts. How much do you actually know of Australian defence capability? The enemy won't get that close without pain.

Also they're going to know long before anything started that something was in the wind. You don't have to be in ADF intel to make the connection between that Show that Gillard and Obama put on and the death of Kim Jong-il of North Korea. They knew in advance he was going to die and they knew that there might be a power struggle after his death and they knew that a warmonger might replace him. That's what that things was all about. There will be no sneak attack on Australia.

Of course, if they did attack from the North, just like the Russian Front, the Oz desert would kill most of them. We would kill off the water, fuel etc and they would be stranded.

They have to attack from the north as it's the shortest possible route and the only way the could maintain any kind of logistics. It's not by mistake that all our defence industry and most domestic industry, training bases and supply are down south and front line operational units up north and it's not by mistake that there are main supply routes which go strait up to the north and would also be used to bring the populations down to the south.

And it's not by mistake that one of the most advanced earlywarning and defence systems in the world is in the north of Australia. Australian designed and made for what Australia needs and all potential enemies know it.

About this abo business. I really think it is of no importance to the Indigeous man.

They rarely refer to themselves as Aboriginals now, as they have been recognised by the white fella, and huge tracks of land has been returned to them, they now call themselves by their "Skin" or tribe name. That is... they are Kooris, or Nungas, or Pitijjinjaras, or Aruntas, or Narenjeri, or Kharna, etc etc People.
The Native man's country is Not Australia!!. It is where he and his ancestors or tribe where born, their sacred sites, and where his dreaming is at. There are 100s of countries, in the great Island of Australia.
Also the offensive word for Indigeous man was never abo, it was Coon!!!, or even Boong or Boonga. Remember.
They generally refer to themselves as black fellas, just like they call Euros White Fellas...I take no insult in that term.

You're correct. In fact there were 300 different aboriginal nations in Australia when white man first arrived and they all spoke a different language. Regardless of what some say on this thread though, there are some bloody good aboriginal soldiers.
edit on 2-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Not only that mate, but everything else Aus is doing, signing # like the memorandum last month effectively outting us under some US laws. Julia Gillard wants to introduce a US style of electing members of Parliament. Its #ed!

Wouldn't that be a good thing? The US has direct elections for Congress. Then again I don't know how you choose Parliament atm so....

-----
But most nations that embrace feminism tend to have trouble fielding enough men willing to die for said nation..
edit on 2-1-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by daaskapital

Not only that mate, but everything else Aus is doing, signing # like the memorandum last month effectively outting us under some US laws. Julia Gillard wants to introduce a US style of electing members of Parliament. Its #ed!

Wouldn't that be a good thing? The US has direct elections for Congress. Then again I don't know how you choose Parliament atm so....

-----
But most nations that embrace feminism tend to have trouble fielding enough men willing to die for said nation..
edit on 2-1-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

We have direct electiions as well and at all levels being local, state and federal government. And we operate under bicameralism as does the U.S and many other countries. In the United States, Australia, and Mexico each state is given the same number of seats in the legislature's upper house. This takes account of population differences between states and it is designed to ensure that smaller states are not overshadowed by larger states, which have more representation in the lower house so I'm not really sure what he means by this U.S style. The ministers are appointed by the government but the seats are appointed by the people. So I'm not sure what he's going on about here. I thought he meant all the hype that goes into it in the U.S as in that rock star aspect in U.S elections. Which wouldn't work in Australia.

edit on 2-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join