It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Looking For Soldiers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
News report out, with Australia looking to recruit ex foreign soldiers.

Article

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Great

No doubt every bloody soldier will come down here now, considering each Aussie soldier gets paid around $45,000 base line, while the US gets around $20,000. Why is Australia doing this? It is true, we are really just another state of the US. If a soldier wants to join another countries army, they should head to the French Foreign Legion, not take jobs away from a country which is also in some economic/jobless trouble!

edit on 28-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Great

No doubt every bloody soldier will come down here now, considering each Aussie soldier gets paid around $45,000 base line, while the US gets around $20,000. Why is Australia doing this? It is true, we are really just another state of the US. If a soldier wants to join another countries army, they should head to the French Foreign Legion, not take jobs away from a country which is also in some trouble!

How do you get the idea that Aus is another state of the U.S from that?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Not only that mate, but everything else Aus is doing, signing # like the memorandum last month effectively outting us under some US laws. Julia Gillard wants to introduce a US style of electing members of Parliament. Its #ed!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

"Australia is a great country and staunch ally, and aside from a common language, we share the same values and beliefs," said Joe Davis, a spokesman for the Veterans of Foreign Wars. "As our military begins to downsize, it could be a great opportunity for those who want to continue serving."

Apparently we feel that combined, we make pretty damn decent allies.

Maybe Oz has a shortage of soldiers? We had a similar issue the last years with something of a shortage. I guess now we no longer have that shortage of troops. If oz needs troops and we have extra to spare that doesnt mind helping out brothers and sisters of another allied... STAUNCH allied... Country. I see no problem with this. It's kinda odd, but we've had forign troops in OUR millitary for many, many years now... Including Austraillians.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Maybe Oz has a shortage of soldiers?

That's the thing mate, Australia has a whole waiting list of Aussies wishing to serve and stille our Defence force offers positions to US soldiers. Sorry for the outburst before but i hope you can see where i am coming from, Australia is having problems with cutbacks and jobless rates as well

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Not only that mate, but everything else Aus is doing, signing # like the memorandum last month effectively outting us under some US laws. Julia Gillard wants to introduce a US style of electing members of Parliament. Its #ed!

I'm watching that bitch like a hawk and I haven't read anything like this. Perhaps I missed it. Where did you get the info?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Maybe Oz has a shortage of soldiers?

That's the thing mate, Australia has a whole waiting list of Aussies wishing to serve and stille our Defence force offers positions to US soldiers. Sorry for the outburst before but i hope you can see where i am coming from, Australia is having problems with cutbacks and jobless rates as well

Last I read they were having trouble getting people which is why they raised the age limit from 35 to 50 depending on the job.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It seems to be all about the money here.

To recruit and fully train a new soldier is very expensive, and even after training, they have no appreciable combat experience. And they may have enlisted for the after-service schooling benefits alone and are simply waiting for their time to be up.

To recruit a fully trained and combat tested soldier, who has shown the determination to faithfully serve and who are being displaced simply due to downsizing, seems like a very cost effective way to strengthen even further an already effective combat force.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

I'm watching that bitch like a hawk and I haven't read anything like this. Perhaps I missed it. Where did you get the info?

Here is the memorandum mate

www.cnet.com.au...

As for the US style of elections, i can't seem to recover it

I remember reading about it in an article about 7 members siding with Rudd or something (90% sure). It had a paragraph about Julia's version of what she thinks elections should be like.

Edit: Really? Last i heard, Aussies were on a waiting list for a lot of jobs (that was only the army though). So i'm not sure. I know the Navy is recruiting Poms

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

www.cnet.com.au...

I remember reading about it in an article about 7 members siding with Rudd or something (90% sure). It had a paragraph about Julia's version of what she thinks elections should be like.

Edit: Really? Last i heard, Aussies were on a waiting list for a lot of jobs (that was only the army though). So i'm not sure. I know the Navy is recruiting Poms

Ok I read it. From what I can tell there's no source to the document. Not even a stamp. And "if" it is real it's only about combating terrorism and it's not saying that any U.S law is being imposed on Australia. Any law passed in Australia can be done ony after a process of parliament anyway.
I think it's fake.

Now about Gillard. I wouldn't put anything passed her but a U.S style election wouldn't work in Aus. That's where our cultures do differ. This is why in the U.K and the U.S TPTB can get away with driving around in black cars but all cars for TPTB in Aus must be white. We as a culture can't stomach an image of hierarchy.

A U.S style election would never take.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

www.cnet.com.au...

Ok I read it. From what I can tell there's no source to the document. Not even a stamp. And "if" it is real it's only about combating terrorism and it's not saying that any U.S law is being imposed on Australia. Any law passed in Australia can be done ony after a process of parliament anyway.
I think it's fake.

Now about Gillard. I wouldn't put anything passed her but a U.S style election wouldn't work in Aus. That's where our cultures do differ. This is why in the U.K and the U.S TPTB can get away with driving around in black cars but all cars for TPTB in Aus must be white. We as a culture can't stomach an image of hierarchy.

A U.S style election would never take.

Yeah mate, about the link, you can also find that memorandum on the White House website, so i am inclined to believe it is real. About the imposing laws, i guess that if Australia were to hand over all evidence and DNA of the "terrorist", then perhaps the "terrorist" can be extradited to the US to face their laws?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I loved this bit from the article:

"Can't ever imagine putting my life on the line for another country," posted Larry Josefowski, an Iraq War veteran and Army reservist in Delaware, "even for Australia."

That sentence doesn't make him seem too bright.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Even though you mentioned the French Foreign Legion, I doubt that many Americans will be jumping at the chance to join any French forces. Even though I heard some pretty serious stories from the FFL. Clearly since the Aussies are looking for troops than obviously they aren't getting what they need from there own nationals.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Is Australia still too racist to use abo's in there army?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The Aussie military have been having issues with recruitment for some years now, its no longer considered a safe job anymore, and a lot of kids hold no disillusions as to the truth as to what is happening in the world today and they will not fight for something that is a lie. The way of life and our views are very different when it comes to the military in comparison to the US. But if Julia Gulia has her bloody way this will soon change, as stated in a previous post, she is running to hold hands and emulate the US and perhaps stick it well and truely to her Aussie counterparts (I feel, even though she may have spent a majority of her life in Australia, she is certainly not for the Aussie way of life or what it represents). She is right up there with Obama.... We are stuffed pretty much, even more so if this Iran s$%t follows through.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

you should take that racist nickname and shove if up where the sun dont shine.

They are aboriginals.

edit on 28-12-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by twinmommy38
It seems to be all about the money here.

To recruit and fully train a new soldier is very expensive, and even after training, they have no appreciable combat experience. And they may have enlisted for the after-service schooling benefits alone and are simply waiting for their time to be up.

To recruit a fully trained and combat tested soldier, who has shown the determination to faithfully serve and who are being displaced simply due to downsizing, seems like a very cost effective way to strengthen even further an already effective combat force.
Im thinking the same.It looks like the Aussies want the finished product without paying for the cost of production!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Abo isnt a derogatory word in my country, if you are in Australia that probably proves my point I suppose.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Abo isnt a derogatory word in my country, if you are in Australia that probably proves my point I suppose.

Mate, over here in Aus, the word "abo" is considered highly disrespectful towars the indigenous people. Many Australians don't use the word anymore, as we have learned over time to respect one another. As for the Aboriginal in the Aus military question, yes Aboriginals are allowed to serve, and have been since WW2.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join