Titanic to be re-released in April in 3D

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What, James Cameron didn't make enough money the first time?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I will never forget this movie I took my 2nd wife on our 1st date to see it and the place was full of couples, by the end all the ladys were boo'ing and all the fellas looked really peed off, dam I just wanted the thing to sink grrrr

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

LOL

One of the few movies to make me cry like a baby.

Still, he killed on Titanic, He killed on Avatar. How much friggin money do you need?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ugh not another 3D gimmick movie. Most of the time there are only 3 or 4 scenes that are 3D and the rest looks normal. Very anticlimactic. And expensive!

Can't anyone make an original movie anymore? Everything that comes out is a remake or a sequel, or in this case just shoveling the same flick out. I saw a Japanese remake of the Mel Gibson comedy What Women Want on netflix. All around the world movies are just recycled and milked to the bone. When is Shrek 12 gonna come out again?
edit on 12/28/2011 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

I agree. There are wonderful books out there to base movies on. I can't believe they havne't done the Dragonriders of Pern.

Seriously, redoing footloose?

Though I will say, that I have seen quite a few good movies lately. I took my son to see Tintin and that ended up being much better then I predicted. I would even see it again.

Arthur Christmas was one of the funniest Xmas movies I have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Wow you read the Dragonriders of Pern cool great books

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I know I won't be watching it in 3D.

3D doesn't work for me, it doesn't look any different than 2D, plus there are a mountain of better movies coming out in 2012 to spend my money on.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I know, it's enough to make you sick, isn't it? Now we get to see another terrible movie (like the first time around wasn't bad enough) rehashed into a 3D headache machine

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by martianmallow

I agree. There are wonderful books out there to base movies on. I can't believe they havne't done the Dragonriders of Pern.

Seriously, redoing footloose?

Though I will say, that I have seen quite a few good movies lately. I took my son to see Tintin and that ended up being much better then I predicted. I would even see it again.

Arthur Christmas was one of the funniest Xmas movies I have ever seen.

the Dragonriders of Pern is an awesome, maybe this will give you hope for a brighter future here.. www.movieinsider.com... have you read The Wheel of Time? another incredible series that should hit the screen.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

*does a happy dance*

thanks for the info!

With CGI, I feel they are now obligated to do Dragonriders. lol

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dammit, I'm still hoping that Guillermo Del Toro will be successful in trying to bring At The Mountains Of Madness to the big screen.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Oh wow dude I hope so

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Horrible news.

I couldn't stand this sappy movie the first time. Although, worse than the movie was the fact that every radio station was playing that damn Celine Dion song 24/7.

At this point I still do not see 3D films as anything more than a gimmick. I don't think it adds very much to the experience other than a lingering headache afterwards.

When I was initially forced to see Titanic I brilliantly ordered a Jumbo soda and was fine until all the water started rushing in. 3 hour film + monster sized soda + flowing water everywhere = emergency bathroom trip. Thankfully I made it in time.

But yeah, I see what you guys are saying about remakes and rereleases. It's getting old. In some cases it's successful though... the Star Wars films have been rereleased a whole bunch of times... and yeah... I'll go see them each time. On the other hand... how 'bout that Charlie's Angels remake that lasted 3 episodes this season.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
One of my all time favs...yeah...I cry like a baby...I can't WAIT for this. I need to stock up on kleenex I guess

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I must admit I will go and see the Star wars films at the Imax when they are in 3-D, Lightsabers in 3-D Phwoarrrrr
Just a pity they are doing it with TPM first..
ews.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20039230-17.html

Oh and can't you tell who the Girls are in this thread lol
The only ones who like Titanic ;D
edit on 28-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

lol

I've dated two women who hated Titanic so I'm good there but that damn song....grrr.....

I don't mind remakes and such if they sound interesting. I'm looking forward to several movies in 2012 that are remakes of sorts:

* Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - a quasi remake/sequel that continues where the first left off but also has a new origin sequence when Johnny Blaze turns into Ghost Rider

* The Amazing Spider-Man - reboot of the Spiderman franchise based on the Ultimate Spiderman comic books

* Dredd - reboot of the Judge Dredd franchise with Karl Urban replacing Sylvester Stallone as the title character

* Total Recall - remake that's closer to the original book, Colin Farrell replacing Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Quaid role

* Godzilla - US based reboot of the series that sticks closely to the original Toho Studio movies, directed by the man who wrote and directed Monsters

Like I said, if reboots, remakes and re-releases work then I'm all for it. I just don't see the point in bringing back old movies and putting the 3D gimmick on them (which is why I'm glad Christopher Nolan said he'll never release a movie in 3D because it's a fad and if he had to do something other than standard high definition, he'd rather go with the IMAX medium as he tried with parts of The Dark Knight and has gone with for a majority if not all of The Dark Knight Rises)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I don't know if I could see Colin Farrell doing Total Recall. Good movie, I wonder how they could improve on it.

I wonder how long it will be before they redo Jurassic Park. Though I think the first still looks good.

The movie I am looking forward too is the Hunger Games. I have to read the book but have heard wonderful reviews about it.

I also saw the movie poster for Spider Man, it will be interesting to see it in a new style.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Ugh not another 3D gimmick movie. Most of the time there are only 3 or 4 scenes that are 3D and the rest looks normal. Very anticlimactic. And expensive!

I think we can count on him to only do it, if he was going to do it right. I for one, still feel this is one of the best crafted movies (music, sets, effects, costumes, acting, etc.) ever made. Before Avatar, Titanic was pretty much his opus. However, the advanced 3d tech (as pioneered in Avatar) wasn't there at the time, so he wants to now go back, and add that tech element to it.

For example, if you saw the Lion King 3D re-release, it was absolutely stunning in 3D, and they really did it right. So, it can be done.

The Amazing Spider-Man - reboot of the Spiderman franchise based on the Ultimate Spiderman comic books

I just feel this one is way too soon...kind of like the Batman reboot, but at least the Batman one was successful. I hear they are also rebooting Superman? Routh absolutely channeled Christopher Reeves in Superman Returns. And Spacey made a great Luthor. Too bad the script sucked and had a crap story and the whole super baby out of wedlock angle.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join