It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and Science Part 2 / The Science of Hydrology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

The fact is he couldn't of had greater knowledge but he did 4500-5000 BC and it wasnt till the 17th century that science announced it and how it works ( Hydrology ) The link is there and the post with the info on the first page.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by drivers1492

The fact is he couldn't of had greater knowledge but he did 4500-5000 BC and it wasnt till the 17th century that science announced it and how it works ( Hydrology ) The link is there and the post with the info on the first page.

So after all you did want to discuss something other than just "was the bible correct about hydrology". I thought so.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by Firepac

shows that you didn't read beyond the 5th paragraph of the link you presented:

Uhh unlike you I actually read the whole article.

reply to post by Firepac
so let me quote from it for you:

Given the region's size, however, that's enough to add up to a vast amount of water.

"There's a consensus that not all hot spots are equal. Some are hot spots; some are wet spots."

When the planet was young, steam came from the deep interior to the surface as volcanic gas and eventually produced today's oceans. But as Earth's interior ages and cools, it becomes easier for water to return below the surface.

And how does any of that negate the fact the water concentration is only 0.1% of that region? It's quite obvious from your ignorant little drivel that you didn't even bother to read my post.

reply to post by Firepac
and let me quote also from the link I presented since you didn't read that either:

groups.google.com...

The story of the Flood is a Biblical story about the universal deluge as recorded in Genesis. Some people regard it as a myth. However, many scientists believe the Flood did occur in days of Noah. Scientists point out numerous traces of the flooding still existent in various parts of the globe. They also believe that the salt-water lakes scattered around the land thousands kilometers away from a shoreline are the remainders of Noah's Flood.

The question is: Where did all that water come from?

“The specific attenuation characteristics of the lengthwise seismic waves clearly indicate the presence of water. Those characteristics are pertinent to water,” said Prof. Wysession.

The researchers also designed a 3-D model of the area on the basis of sounding data. They are confident that the underground oceans contain as much water as the Arctic Ocean does. The
water is located at a depth ranging from 1,200 km to 1,400 km.

The findings released by the American researchers indicate that a catastrophic event may happen again, at least from a theoretical point of view. Prof. Wysession stresses the point that
the areas located beneath the underground oceans have water too. He specifically refers to the parts of the mantle that have not been researched yet. Prof. Wysession believes there is plenty of water out there. According to his estimates, the amount of water may be five times as greater as that of all the oceans on the earth’s surface.

and last but not least and maybe I should have put this first for you - the definition of hydrology:

www.merriam-webster.com...

: a science dealing with the properties, distribution, and circulation of water on and below the earth's surface and in the atmosphere

To me the interest is in what precipitated Noah's Flood and not the ignorant rehashing of whether it's possible or not. The bible recorded a mega hydrological event and, as in the OP, hydrological principles were stated in the bible some 3500 years ago.

Now wtf does any of that have anything to do with what I said? You posted an article claiming that they found an underground ocean when in fact they didn't. I called you out on your bs and now you're going to post a bunch of irrelevant crap about noah's flood and hydrology? Do you want me to post a definition of what an ocean is? Since you obviously didn't read past the first sentence of my post let me requote the part that you missed:

Originally posted by Firepac

reply to post by CherubBaby

Apparently it's not an "ocean" at all. It's simply lots of moisture trapped in rocks. The moisture level is actually about 0.1% that's less moist than a dry sponge lol. It's absolute ridiculous to call this an ocean. Typical creationist lie

edit on 4-1-2012 by Firepac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

This is not entirely accurate, basic written descriptions of the cycle more descriptive than those you point out in genesis and job are found as far back as the 8th century BC, about the time job was written. There is a wealth of information in an online book i found called Hydrology: an introduction there is a clickable link in the table of contents to the chapter on the history of water circulation theories.

This was not just realized only in the 17th century. What happened starting in the 17th century is that the ideas began moving from the realm of philosophy to the realm of science, variables were quantified and put into testable formulae. Dont confuse the birth of the modern science of hydrology with the basic understanding of hydrologic concepts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join