It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chickens , Are you serious ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We eat meat everyday.

Well most of us eat meat everyday. You have protien that is where most of it comes from is meat. We are killing and eating animals is it really imparitive that we kill chickens the right way. I know we used to go out back and just ring thier necks fix them up, either stuffing or fried. And then we eat them. What would it matter if we used Lethal Injection, put them all in a room and poisoned them, well other than the fact that we woudl die form eating them. But seriously....

www.msnbc.msn.com
LOS ANGELES - Actress Pamela Anderson, always game to ruffle a few feathers in the name of mistreated fowl, has lent her famous face to a billboard campaign calling for a boycott of the KFC chain of chicken restaurants.
The billboards, which were created by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, feature a photo of the television star next to the words: �Boycott KFC � Pamela Anderson.�

Underneath are the words: �Live Scalding, Painful Debeaking, Crippled Chickens� and the address of a Web site attacking the fast-food chain (www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com).

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This accusation is more ridiculous than the actress that is petitioning it. Please someone tell me that this is a joke ?

Related News Links:
www.kfccruelty.com

[edit on 9-9-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ok, ok, ok! Let me get this straight...Pamela Anderson. I would sooner seek answers from the enlightenment that comes with continually slamming the car door on my penis.

Which, by the way, would probably leave the same rash as being with that idiot herself.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Ok, ok, ok! Let me get this straight...Pamela Anderson. I would sooner seek answers from the enlightenment that comes with continually slamming the car door on my penis.

Which, by the way, would probably leave the same rash as being with that idiot herself.

THAT MY FRIEND IS BRILLIANT!

...sO, I have to ask... Does it work? The enlightenment Idea... I mean I've caught "it" in a zipper before and I think I might have lost something from it, not gained.

Pamela Anderson supporting this... well at least shes thinking in some way, I didnt think that was possible if your hair was that color and your boobs are that big in comparison to your body.

[edit on 9/9/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"They are crammed by the tens of thousands into sheds that stink of ammonia fumes from accumulated waste and given barely enough room to move (each bird lives in a space about the size of a sheet of paper). They routinely suffer broken bones from being bred to be top-heavy, being subjected to callous handling (workers roughly grab birds by their legs and stuff them into crates), and being shackled upside-down at slaughterhouses. Chickens are often still fully conscious when their throats are cut and when they are dumped into tanks of scalding-hot water to remove their feathers. When they�re killed, chickens are still babies, not yet 2 months old out of a natural life span of more than 10 years."

While I agree that having Pam Anderson be the billboard child for this is rediculous, the accusations are not. Just because these animals are being raised for food, it doesn't mean that they should endure cruel treatment during their short lifetime. Sometimes I think PETA is nutty, but sometimes I agree with them.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
humm snakes eat LIVE and trying to kik animals wolfs will pull down and start to eat befor the animal is dead . Killing is killing personly I come from a LONGGG line of meat eaters and am not going to feal sorry for a chicken or cow as a matter of fact I have no problem with killing any animal as long as its USE killing just for the skin is wrong.
Ps read how Good good pam sent groups around to schools with buckets of blood scaring the daylights out of the kids im sure .trying to make her stand . Now you tell me how these bleeding hearts can use the cars the electricty and roads that MAM more animals then kentucky ever could.
If they care so much they need to move into a teepee and Stop using all moderen conviences.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Caring about animals has nothing to do with modern conveniences. You're thinking of Tree Huggers.

Snakes, wolves and other wildlife kill in the only manner they have available to them. They aren't expected to dispatch their dinner humanely because they're not human. We are, and even if they're being used for food, they should not have to live in pain and fear for the short time they are alive. They should be killed painlessly and this is not an outlandish requirement or an impossible one to fulfill. It doesn't make us less of a "superior species" to show a little humanity toward animals, regardless of their role in our lives.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
Killing is killing personly I come from a LONGGG line of meat eaters and am not going to feal sorry for a chicken or cow as a matter of fact I have no problem with killing any animal as long as its USE

Please don't take this as flaming - I'm asking to gain understanding that's all (for context: I've been vegan for years) - but would this include ([killing &] eating) humans too - or would that depend on the circumstances ?

Actually - this question is an open one really, not just for Simcity4 ...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0951
[...would this include ([killing &] eating) humans too - or would that depend on the circumstances ?

Interesting. Makes me think of plane crash survivors who've eaten those that didn't make it. Most of us cringe at the thought, but if it were the only way to survive... well. I hope I never end up in that situation.

I would agree that sometimes Peta seems nutty to me, but they do have some valid points. I do think that animals slated for slaughter should be treated well and with respect instead of being treated like they were already dead.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't know about the States but up here KFC doesn't proccess it's own product, they buy off of slaughterhouses. Also the chickens are stunned electrically before being bled. They don't feel anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The link provided gives info on how they're treated and how they come to be in the hands of KFC.

I think the crash victims and the "Alive" type scenarios are different because they eat people who are already dead rather than drawing straws and seeing if Bob loses.
I couldn't kill a human to eat them. I think I'd have to kill myself first or else just die of starvation.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0951

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
Killing is killing personly I come from a LONGGG line of meat eaters and am not going to feal sorry for a chicken or cow as a matter of fact I have no problem with killing any animal as long as its USE

Please don't take this as flaming - I'm asking to gain understanding that's all (for context: I've been vegan for years) - but would this include ([killing &] eating) humans too - or would that depend on the circumstances ?

Actually - this question is an open one really, not just for Simcity4 ...

So you believe "a rat is a dog is a boy" then huh?
Killing and eating animals IS ok (except for Pandas... maybe)
Killing and eating humans is NOT ok.
Easy distinction.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Chickens ... we are talking about chickens. Real people are dying overseas right now and the U.S. government agencies are worried about chickens feeling pain ???

And besides we are eating them does it matter if you chew them up or just swallow them whole. Besdies the way it comes; out it would not affect anything else.

What do you guys consider? Killing each chicken one by one. Let us say lethal injection of all animals aten by humans now. C'mon you gotta be kidding me. Please tell me you are not from the South. Because if you are I am moving.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
All I know is you're in for trouble if you try to kill this chicken.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
Chickens ... we are talking about chickens. Real people are dying overseas right now and the U.S. government agencies are worried about chickens feeling pain ???

And besides we are eating them does it matter if you chew them up or just swallow them whole. Besdies the way it comes; out it would not affect anything else.

What do you guys consider? Killing each chicken one by one. Let us say lethal injection of all animals aten by humans now. C'mon you gotta be kidding me. Please tell me you are not from the South. Because if you are I am moving.

I wanted everyone to realize in this thread that there are people dying everywhere. In every country and in every form of death. I.E> Car Bombings , Hi Jackers, Shootings.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just do it like they did in the old days! Cut the chicken's head clean off and watch it run around the yard for a few minutes.

PS Cluck You!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
This accusation is more ridiculous than the actress that is petitioning it. Please someone tell me that this is a joke ?

Question answered by my last post. I think it's a joke.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
So you believe "a rat is a dog is a boy" then huh?

I'd be interested in how you extrapolated my post to reach this conclusion.

I'm assuming it's on the basis of the word 'vegan', as opposed to a stab at my not having a very good grasp of biological taxonomy ?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Intrepid: Calllllllll for Superchicken!

I have no problem killing animals for food.
Chicken is one of my favorite foods.

I have problem with their mistreatment while being raised/slaughtered.

The mistreatment is common, because of the factory-like conditions of
the farms. You can buy chicken that is grown under better conditions..
I buy that, if I can.

I don't eat at KFC for other reasons,,they treat their employees like crap.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
KFC doesn't raise the chickens, they just buy them. People, this is like to old urban legends of KFC making spider chickens to get more chicken legs. KFC does NOT raise the chickens, they buy them and fry em up gooooooood.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Pamela doesnt have a "regular" life. My grandma used to twist their necks, that was the way to do it. It used to bother me somewhat since she named ALL the chickens with cute names.. But really, what does it matter how they're killed? Dont kill them in the first place if you're against chicken brutality. Dont eat chicken. Dont eat anything with a face.
Simple.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join