It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Wore Medal He Didn't Earn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
I'm attempting to find a way to contact this group to verify. If the AFOUA was given in 65-66 then someone jumped the gun here because Bush would be entitled to wear a Unit award.

What we need is a military website showing what units received these awards and when. Any ideas?

In the Marine Corps one must have served during the period for which the award was given. However, based on my grandfather's (who is now deceased) statement, the Air Force takes a different view. I may be able to come up with something on this.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

What is wrong with this election year that is getting into everybodies nerves?

How about neither candidate inspires people to vote for them? For starts. The don't take a stand on real issues. And please, some of the things talked about are not even the job of the federal government.
Just window dressing for the candidates.

[edit on 9-9-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Well, I simply can't find anything at this time regarding this story that isn't on a partisan site. I have to say this, if I was going to pick an unauthorized award to wear, it sure wouldn't be a rinky-dink unit award like that. In the Marine Corps, someone would slap you upside the head for wearing an unauthorized award before you could get out of the gate. And, if you were caught on the street wearing one, you'd do brig time, for sure.

The thing about all these allegations about Bush is that they don't add up. No one can get away with these things, no matter who they are. Someone in authority has to report such infractions or their own behind will be in a sling. Until someone can come up with something concrete on this, I will have to say that there is a reasonable explanation or else there would be a paper trail.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by marg6043

What is wrong with this election year that is getting into everybodies nerves?

How about neither candidate inspires people to vote for them? For starts. The don't take a stand on real issues. And please, some of the things talked about are not even the job of the federal government.
Just window dressing for the candidates.

[edit on 9-9-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

I agree Tread. I am so sick of hearing "The War on Terrorism" from both canidates. What about us (The American People)? What about our jobs and our health care? What about the National Debt and the enviroment? This is just one of the reason why I'm not voting for either canidate. I'm sorry but I got more important things to worry about then a bunch terrorist.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I've seen this story floating around for a couple of days. Interesting. Can't say with 100% certainty that its true. Could be photoshop. I report, you decide.

Bush photographed Wearing Air Force Award He Didn't Earn
By John Byrne

A closer examination of a photograph included in President George W. Bush's Air Force records, released by the White House earlier this year, shows then-Second Lieutenant Bush wearing an Air Force Outstanding Unit Award which he never earned.
www.rawstory.com...

Well, at least one thing is certain. The only "true" medal he wears is the "Skull and Bones" medal. Just like Kerry.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just looking at a B&W photo?

I found 3 AF ribbons that all look similar. I have not even bothered to look at ribbons of various National Guard units.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I've seen this story floating around for a couple of days. Interesting. Can't say with 100% certainty that its true. Could be photoshop. I report, you decide.

Bush photographed Wearing Air Force Award He Didn't Earn
By John Byrne

A closer examination of a photograph included in President George W. Bush's Air Force records, released by the White House earlier this year, shows then-Second Lieutenant Bush wearing an Air Force Outstanding Unit Award which he never earned.
www.rawstory.com...

ok kerry can ware a purple heat that supposedly the wound was self inflicted? and why would i trust a site with the words "not never" in the URL?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I have a question:
Is anyone sick and tired of the media hoopla over records that are older than many who post here?
Why won't they get on with our lives...and deal with the world today.

Hear, hear! What a waste of time. As if whether a person served or did not serve makes him/her presidential material.

Get busy living or get busy dying. Deal with today.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Here's the thing. If Bush actually had to discuss his record he'd be toast. BushCo. loves this distraction. The media bares a lot of responsibility for this, too.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Personally I think this topic sidesteps the more important issues. Why isn't the media or the candidates focusing on things important to society?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
Personally I think this topic sidesteps the more important issues. Why isn't the media or the candidates focusing on things important to society?

Because.. Kerry would kick Bush's a$$ on the issues. Network television is the most idiotic, brain-dead medium there is. Folks should turn off the tube and turn on the internet for their news. The more you watch, the less you know.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
EastCoastKid

I agree with you on that, the news is so bias that I have been turning on the TV just because I have to keep watch on hurricane Ivan, the rest is just pure trash.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Because.. Kerry would kick Bush's a$$ on the issues. Network television is the most idiotic, brain-dead medium there is.

I don't agree that Kerry would kick GWB's butt on the issues. Kerry could attack GWB's record, but since Kerry has never held the office of Prez (and hopefully never will) there is nothing to compare. Unless you want to look at Kerry's Senate record...then his liberal, tax intensive record would be exposed as second only to his absenteeism.

The debates will tell.

Who watches network news for anything other than local news, anyway?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Because.. Kerry would kick Bush's a$$ on the issues. Network television is the most idiotic, brain-dead medium there is. Folks should turn off the tube and turn on the internet for their news. The more you watch, the less you know.

Neither side focus on the issues.. they get asked a question about the most basic of policy and the shrug and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what to say.. probably have no idea what the issues are anyway. The presidency is now a rich bankers club and we've truly only had a few presidents that were progressive rather than backwards. Our Mr. Clinton.. since he balanced the budget and created a surplus.. automatically he is bashed because he did some intern. But why not focus on the fact that he did do something good? It's total backwards politics.

There are no lesser of two evils here to vote for.. vote third party.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join