It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Cheetah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Cheetah the chimpanzee, Tarzan film star, dies aged 80

Cheetah the chimpanzee who starred in the Tarzan movies of the early 1930s has died at the age of 80, it has been announced.
The Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbour, Florida, said Cheetah died of kidney failure on Dec 24.

Debbie Cobb, director of the sanctuary, said than in his retirement the chimp had loved finger painting and seemed particularly attuned to human feelings.

He came to the sanctuary from the estate of the star of the Tarzan series - American Olympic gold medal swimmer Johnny Weissmuller - during the early 1960s.

Based on the works of author Edgar Rice Burroughs, the Tarzan stories - which have spawned scores of books and films - chronicle the adventures of a man who was raised by apes in Africa.

Cheetah provided comic relief in the Tarzan films, often clowning around with his human co-stars......

www.telegraph.co.uk...

WOW, Chimpanzees in zoos typically live 35 to 45 years but Cheetah was cited in The Guinness Book of Records as the world's oldest non-human primate !!!

Cheetah also loved to see people laugh

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Someone beat you to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

...ooops, sorry mods, please delete although it`s in a diffrente forum.

I just couldn`t imagine this chimpanzee was still alive

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

And maybe I should check what forums it has been posted in before saying "duplicate". I think they do allow 2 threads in different forums but can never remember those rules. Maybe it's cool and he is worth remembering. I spent many hours watching the movies as a kid.

ETA S n F for your good intentions

edit on 28/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

TY with a star to you

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I made the first thread about my ape brother

But don't close it down please the more people who learn about this amazing chimp dude the better

S&F sir

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Your link comes back...

Here

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

here it is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

pity we cant merge the threads...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
He was a movie star, should be here as well. Appears to be some controversy over if he really is that chimp, but seeing as how they used to film it in Silver Springs, it certainly adds up it's him.

top topics

join