It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of the group ''Anonymous'' before?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yep, I first heard of them a few years back when I saw videos of them protesting Scientology. I pretty much support their cause, but some of their methods have me on the fence.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, here's this little bit of recent news

www.dailytech.com...

Everyone can make up their own mind what they think about this.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Weeell, the REAL Anon- and I feel safe calling them this- were organized first through 4chan, before they moved to the Deep Web. There, they still have a base, where the big ops are planned. For instance, the Project Chanology and many main Wikileaks ops (Payback, Avenge Assange, Bradical, Leakspin) were organized by Anonymous in the Invisible Web.

Most of the "Anonymous" operations carried out (AllHipHop, No Cussing Club, Facebook, Los Zetas) are fake ones, made by the wannabee tweens on sites like 4chan, which Anon had abandoned due to censorship. I recommend that you and everybody checks out the *official* Anonymous page linked below. Please note that TOR must be used to view all Deep Web sites.
pdjfyv7v3pn34w4f.onion..." target="_blank" class="postlink">pdjfyv7v3pn34w4f.onion...

Just my two cents,
Seraph

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

Loaded up the page. Is that really anonymous? Doesn't seem like it?
edit on 29-12-2011 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
Remember my country isn't affected by these people and I have never seen them on the news over here.

Interesting fact, I guess the internet filtering that the government does really has people isolated. We are all supposed to be on the same page. Guess 2011 was the internet's peak... at least until the politicians got their greasy hands on it !
edit on 29-12-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

This is such a funny question. Really, have we heard of Anonymous.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Some have suspected that the group "Anonymous" is a False Flag Operation by some Federal Agency to promote justification of Obama's "Internet Kill Switch".
edit on 29-12-2011 by Boomer1941 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

FYI we are not all hackers and script kiddies. anon is simply an idea with no central core or leadership. Google project chanology and /b/ if you want to know where anon inception started. there are those here thaxt would have you believe we are terrorists and government program operatives this is fallacy. we are everyone and noone.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS,
This letter from Anonymous pretty much explains what they are about.

PEACE,
RK

edit on 29-12-2011 by Rigel Kent because: fix link

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb

Weeell, the REAL Anon- and I feel safe calling them this- were organized first through 4chan, before they moved to the Deep Web. There, they still have a base, where the big ops are planned. For instance, the Project Chanology and many main Wikileaks ops (Payback, Avenge Assange, Bradical, Leakspin) were organized by Anonymous in the Invisible Web.

Most of the "Anonymous" operations carried out (AllHipHop, No Cussing Club, Facebook, Los Zetas) are fake ones, made by the wannabee tweens on sites like 4chan, which Anon had abandoned due to censorship. I recommend that you and everybody checks out the *official* Anonymous page linked below. Please note that TOR must be used to view all Deep Web sites.
pdjfyv7v3pn34w4f.onion..." target="_blank" class="postlink">pdjfyv7v3pn34w4f.onion...

Just my two cents,
Seraph
there is no official anon page nor can one determine real from fake. anon when we do not have an identity. this is misconceptions. when one makes these claims he is no longer part of the collective. he establishes individuality. Lulz will be had.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Have an Flag for creating the "Anonymous Superthread" as such,

A great place for members to find out about them, get more info etc.

Have an star for being so polite, open and honest when that was not shown to you at all by some.

Never be afraid to ask an question again, no matter what others might say.

That's the road to truth, prosperity, genius even.

I remember, and I am sure we all can, remember now those times in school, those who name called and s'n-word'ed more than most, esp at those who might put up their hand and ask the teacher an question because they were keen to learn to know... curious about things...

Then we all see later how this choice in type of behavior, those who asked, often ridiculed the most, made the most of their life, were and are more productive and have more options and choices about all areas of their life as they grow.

I cant see many driving past in their nice SUV, doing well, then laughing and pointing at an ex school chum bumming on the streets if they drove past, they would probably feel pity..sadness and some empathy.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Have a star, for having an outstanding sense of community and respect.

I also think it would be very cool to see this turn into a "who is anonymous" super thread. Why the hell not.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I found another one. My grandma never heard about Anonymous.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity

Welcome to ATS! sorry some folks have not given you the best welcome to ATS. Well anonymous are a hacking collective as they like to put it, they attack websites all around the world, but focus largely on the US side of things, Anonymous are part responsible for the "Occupy movement/protests" which have seen in many places around the world, in the US the "Occupy protests" lasted for more than 3 months 24/7.

many believe that the "Anonymous" hacking group is a US/Israeli gov secret agency "pys-op" , but i'm led to believe otherwise as i think it's an East Asian or Russian hacking group (capable of much more than just website hacking/email hacking), but is an effort to socially infiltrate,influence and manipulate the US to ruin.

but this is my view, so maybe best to research a little and see what you think.

I'd like to clarify some of these statements for you and the OP. First, Anonymous isn't a hacking collective. Anonymous is definately more political and activism related then hacking related. There is an offshot, it's name is AntiSec and it's a conjunction of Anonymous & LulzSec. Lulzsec is the hacking group, and they work with some members of Anonymous to further Anonymous's adjenda.

Anonymous does a lot of work to help people in restrictive countries bypass censorship and are definately activists of Free Internet (meaning freedom on the internet, not free as in no cost). There is alot of confusion around the subject because alot of people associate AntiSec with being purely Anonymous which isn't the case.
You can be a non-hacker type and still be a part of Anonymous.

If you want to get involved you only need search Twitter and Tumblr. I won't link the websites here, but there is TONS of information out there on them, and you only need to spend about 30 minutes or less to start getting actively involved, if you so chose to do so.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
They're the people who did the hacking of the PS3.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.ab

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

To be fair, at least SpecialForces.com DID store their customers’ credit card information using blowfish encryption (unlike the global intelligence and security industry "professionals" at Stratfor, who apparently remain confused as to whether their customers’ information was even encrypted or not). Nevertheless, our voodoo prevailed and we were quickly able to break back into the military supplier’s server and steal their encryption keys. We then wrote a few simple functions to recover the cleartext passwords, credit card numbers, and expiration dates to all their customers’ cards. That’s how we roll.

Why excatly are people supporting this again? and got to love being the same maybe worse than what you are telling people you want to stop.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

I think you need to go back and read what the moderators have said and read through the whole thread. This site is about fellowship. We are all family. Why mock? Instead Enlighten

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join