It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Current State Of Free Energy Technology

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
That is the only way they can teach engineers what Radiant energy is and how it works, by getting them to try the experiments, in spite of their disbelief....
Engineers already know how to harness radiant energy, that's what this power plant uses:

Tesla said radiant energy comes from the sun and other stars, and he's right...and we already use it, though in the future we should be able to use it more efficiently.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

No, radiant energy is not solar.

According to Bearden and Bedini, it comes from the vacuum, not the sun.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

For a device to have overunity, there must be more energy coming out than is going in. Logically, you can power the device with the energy coming out, and still have leftover energy to do other work. This is the definition of overunity. So if I were to build this device, how would I be able to prove overunity? I would do that by letting it run without an external power source. When I require an external power source to run the device, it proves there is no overunity.

When I want to prove that my car can fly, but I require the wheels to touch the ground, else it wont work, don't you think I would have a problem? It is a similar situation as we have here.

To make it a bit more obvious, what if two of these devices were build. Then the one device should be able to power the other, and the other should be able to power the one. No batteries required.
edit on 31-12-2011 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

They are working on solid-state generators with no batteries that work the way you want.

But until those come out, these open-source designs like the SSG are all there is.

The idea is, you use one battery on the input to power the motor. Then you collect the Radiant spikes from the flywheel and pipe them off to a secondary battery, which triggers the secondary battery to charge itself up.

You don't see any excess energy until you allow the secondary batteries to charge up.

I know you don't believe it will work and you don't see why the system should need batteries. But it's because the system is designed to harness Radiant energy, which is a different form of energy than what you're used to working with.

I wish you would just try the experiment anyway, even though you don't see how or why it should work yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

But, don't you think that this other type of energy that we can not use to power electrical devices is, well, rather useless. What can it be used for? It can't be charging batteries, as if you can charge batteries with it, you can also use it to power electrical devices. Or do you think that the battery is essential because in it the energy is transformed from this other type to a useful type? So in fact, all the "magic" is happening in the battery?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Exactly, yes! That is exactly what Bedini says in "Energy from the Vacuum Part 2".

The Radiant energy is a different form of energy and you can't use it like normal current, but when you pipe it off to a battery, or batteries, the chemicals in the secondary batteries interact with the Radiant energy and transform it into useable power.

So you can have one battery powering the motor-energizer, which can then charge up a bank of like 10 batteries.

That's the theory. They explain all this in more detail in EFTV 2, you should really watch it if you haven't already...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

No, radiant energy is not solar.

According to Bearden and Bedini, it comes from the vacuum, not the sun.

The "Radiant energy" that Tesla discovered.
You have a problem with consistency. Tesla indeed said the source of radiant energy was the sun and other stars.

Bearden never built anything that could be sold, as far as I know all he sells are DVDs making fantastic claims that do more to suggest he has some screws loose than to announce any kind of discovery. Bearden said the world as we know it was supposed to end by now. Obviously, that didn't happen.

And you can't even provide one source that replicated Bedini's gizmo with a credible claim it's self powered. You say you won't, but actually, I don't think you can. The top two claimants on the link you provided didn't even provide any credible claims the thing works. One ran for three hours attached to a battery and the other said it's not self powered. So what credibility does Bedini have? It's actually less than zero considering he's scamming people with his DVD clarifier that only someone who is ignorant of how DVD technology works would think does anything but empty their wallet. The DVD clarifier hoax makes Bedini a proven hoaxer.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ok, so this device should work with a single battery that is completely empty (or alternatively, two devices with two empty batteries). That would be a good way to demonstrate it works. First show the battery is empty by connecting a lamp to it and short circuiting it, and after that use it in the device. If the devices keeps running for say one hour (thats not too long to record with a camera) you will make a convincing case.

Although I am guessing that the next requirement is that the battery has to be completely charged for the reaction to take place.
edit on 31-12-2011 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Well I think the simplest test is to see if you can take one battery and charge up more than one or many batteries with it. That would show overunity, albeit in kind of an indirect way.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So basically what you are saying it that the way to show the device is working is to show that two batteries are completely charged when only one battery of the same capacity has been completely drained?

Question, why hasn't anyone done this test, if it is the way to prove it works?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

That is the only way they can teach engineers what Radiant energy is and how it works, by getting them to try the experiments, in spite of their disbelief....
Engineers already know how to harness radiant energy, that's what this power plant uses:

Hey I've see that "plant" before. It's in Kern County, CA. It's power is used to coax petro out of old oil fields. The same tech can be used to sub energy in converting lignite into crude.

Solar energy is and will be used more in the future to produce crude oil onto the open market. I love it because the eco nuts think solar is a replacement for crude oil, but really it's a petro industry enhancement.

edit on 31-12-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: of quote box issue.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
Hey I've see that "plant" before. It's in Kern County, CA. It's power is used to coax petro out of old oil fields. The same tech can be used to sub energy in converting lignite into crude.

Solar energy is and will be used more in the future to produce crude oil onto the open market. I love it because the eco nuts think solar is a replacement for crude oil, but really it's a petro industry enhancement.

Actually here's the caption for that picture:

news.cnet.com...

Instead of conventional solar plants that use solar panels to convert light into electricity, eSolar's thermal solar plants use software-controlled heliostats to reflect sunlight onto a central tower to heat water for steam. The steam is then used to rotate a turbine to generate electricity.
So it's an electricity generating operation.

What they do with the electricity is wide open, they can do anything they want with it, including powering pumps and drill bits if they want. I haven't seen the specifics of what you're talking about, but I used to work in the oil drilling industry so I'm familiar with that. Have you got a link?

My guess is that some of the solar panels now being developed in laboratories may end up being more efficient than this radiant energy power plant, and we will be able to use those new solar panels to harness radiant energy even more efficiently. That's about the closest to "free energy" I think we will get.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
How much does one personal have to pay to come into existence
I personally payed nothing, the mere miraculous merging of biological bull crap made me.aka (mommy & daddy)
Life is a gift and any gift is over unity

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The major advantage of these old tech solar power plants is that it is easy to store heat to use it as a later time. So I doubt we will see solar cells on a large scale any soon.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Cold Fusion could go a long way to cheaply solve the worlds energy requirements yet its been held back

A stunning report written by the late Eugene Mallove details the efforts of professors, researchers, and even the former President of MIT to squash cold fusion at all costs. If you have any doubt that Pons and Fleischmann had enemies desperately trying to discredit them,

poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Free energy...
Don't be an idiot.
If someone had come up with a way to make free energy and truly cared for mankind, they would not seek patents or attention.
They would simply release open source blue prints.
Anyone else looking for investement is selling you something.
Free energy will be free.

For a start any large scale project will have significant costs and unless someone is independently wealthy outside investment is necessary. Tesla's Worthington Project wasdependent on financing from JPM...

About patents, not true. sometimes with patents it's a race to the finish over who gets the rights. There were plenty of things for instance that Edison is credited as inventing that he did not.
Or look today at the lucrative business (for lawyers at least) of patent trolling. Or the Apple-Samsung spats...

A person who truly cared would ensure their legal rights are defended so they can ensure it one day becomes freely available.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-12-2011 by Jessica6 because: added re jpm

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

The major advantage of these old tech solar power plants is that it is easy to store heat to use it as a later time. So I doubt we will see solar cells on a large scale any soon.
Have you got a link explaining that? The plant I showed boils water to turn a steam turbine. I don't see how you can boil water after the sun sets. I can see how you might have some warm water left over, but I don't understand what you're going to do with it in that location.

On the other hand, mountain lakes can be used to store power, more efficiently than I would have guessed.

Pumped-storage hydroelectricity

Taking into account evaporation losses from the exposed water surface and conversion losses, approximately 70% to 85% of the electrical energy used to pump the water into the elevated reservoir can be regained.[1] The technique is currently the most cost-effective means of storing large amounts of electrical energy on an operating basis, but capital costs and the presence of appropriate geography are critical decision factors.

Of course in Florida which has no mountains in much of the state, this would not be very feasible. But where it is feasible, 70-85% efficiency isn't all that bad.

Also, peak demands usually occur in the daytime when solar power is generally available, and it's the peaks that can determine when new generating capacity must be built, so solar power plants can be useful for peak mitigation even without storage, but some type of storage can certainly be beneficial. The pumped storage hydroelectricity is generally extracting energy during the day to meet peak demands, and pumping the water back up at night.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

So all he needs is a lot of money and he will bring us free energy. Doesn't sound like a scam at all.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Wiki has an article about it:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by hawkiye
been validated by a whose who of prominent scientist including some from NASA.

Oh dear, just when was a NASA scientist present at any testing?

the megawatt plant was tested and passed etc.

Whilst plugged into a large generator....

If I missed something then please enlighten me?

let us see, you ignore the fact Rossi is a convicted fraudster, no independent testing has been done of it....

all the evidence and affirmations by prominent scientist that it does work

care to post where the vidence was peer reviewed?
edit on 30-12-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

There's at least a half a dozen threads on here and PESN chronicling it from day one yet fools continue to mock ad deride it and ask for evidence despite is being posted several times apparently in hopes of leading those just hearing about it off the path by repeating the same lies over and over.

For those interested in real information instead of wild unsubstantiated accusations including a complete list of prominent scientist yes even from NASA all the test etc. please check out the link and at the bottom is a complete chronology of of articles following the progress.
pesn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join