It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Muslim Father Aziz Yazdanpanah Honor-Massacres Entire Family . . . in Texas (Blog opinion)

page: 8
36
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yinyang04011
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


Iranians have honor killing, too and they are not Arab, but Muslim. I am not trying to argue one way or the other.


MUSLIM IS NOT A RACE!!!!!

They are not Arab but PERSIAN!!!!




posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74
 


Yes, I see your point. I meant based on their religion.



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere
 

No they are not, all murder is bad but the point is that because the blogger has jumped to the conclusion that it was an honor killing people are coming on here and using it as ammo to attack Muslims..



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


OMG, I know that, I meant that Muslim was what they had in common, not that only ARABS do honor killing.



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yinyang04011
 


So 2 cultures can't have 1 custom??? interesting....



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This happened in Texas? Of course where else?



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Annee
 


Ain't it crazy? Non-________ always know _________ better than people who are, or practice ____________..

its ridiculous..


Absolutely!

I grew up Christian - - so I feel it is perfectly acceptable for me to talk SMACK about Christians. But you won't see me doing that to Muslims - Jews - whatever.

I only speak of what I know.

My grandmother was Catholic.
I've enjoyed Earth religions (I just don't do rituals)
I was also raised in Positive Thought and Spiritualism
Married a Mormon and tried it for a few years. Lovely people.



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Why are Muslims so involved in terror attacks?

No other religions bomb regions where there are innocent people.

Can I ask you Muslim proponents - can you give me one instance where any religion kills innocent people - apart from Ireland a long time ago.

What I am saying is this - if you want to go to war, go and kill like-minded people - leave the civilians alone.

And what I am truly saying is this - if you want to keep fighting your stupid and destructive wars - GO AWAY FROM INNOCENTS!

Also, I have to say this - STOP!

I agree to your STOP command, however there are lots of instances of Jews attacking the Arabs in Palestine.
It is not just the Muslims involved here, as according to the MSM........
It happens every day and in every country, no one set religion stands out.
I hate to say this but I will anyways, all the screaming and yelling about religion being responsible for multiple murders for honor or whatever are garbage.
Hell yes 7 people dead is terrible and really sad indeed.
How about the untold millions and millions dead due to wars here in North America and throughout the world?
For what you have to wonder????????
Hell yes I agree to the STOP order I just don't see it happening at all here.
I mean we are all so busy with our new F35"s that should be available soon so what is to worry about ummmm?
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


Ok, I don't think that religion had anything to do with this. It was the culture, but it is difficult (if not impossible) to separate culture from religion.



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yinyang04011
 


I'm black, and I'm muslim.... and I follow neither Arab or Iranian culture... sooooo it's very easy from where I see it..



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yinyang04011
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


Ok, I don't think that religion had anything to do with this. It was the culture, but it is difficult (if not impossible) to separate culture from religion.

How do you know it was a honor killing? If the MSM are not saying it is but one blogger says it is who do you trust?
But reading into it I think the guy just lost it killed his family then himself.
read the info here
www.dailymail.co.uk...
No mention of honor killing but plenty of signs of why he lost it. Heck doesnt even say he is a Muslim ffs.
edit on 28-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

(Quote from My.mind.is mine.)
We have to defend ourselves first, because the first thing people do is group all muslims together. The second thing that is done, is we explain how they are not our counterparts, but an extension of a group who tainted and used our faith for political gain and dominant rule.

One could say the same about Americans who don't put an end to our governments trek around the world invading lands and predator bombing other countries. I speak out against salafism, and can point you to plenty of muslims who try to be vocal in doing the same. We're called liars. Are you silently advocating the US in its renegade attitude of bombing at will? ( End Quote)

First off, if you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to apologize for. Personally, I wouldn't lower myself to the level of people who make blanket judgements. But that's just me.

Secondly, you don't have to explain HOW they're different. The more intelligent among us already know that. You're preaching to the choir here.

Thirdly, I speak out constantly about the hypocracy and redundancy of the American Government. They try to tell us that we're the most charitable nation in the world, but every time you turn around they have the military somewhere else fighting for God knows what cause. With charity like that, who needs a war, right?

And they're redundant in that there's nothing the Federal Government can't do for indiviual states that said states can't do for themselves. All we have to do is funnel the income taxes we pay to the Federali's directly to the states themselves. The Federal Government is nothing more than a middle man with a lot of guns. If they were in the mafia they would be street level fighters.That's it.They're nothing special.

The difference between you and me is that nobody has the guts to call me a liar because they know I'm right. I think you and the other peaceful Muslims out there need to be a bit more vocal about your stance on your religion and try to keep your counterparts out of the conversation. They get enough press as it is. They don't need more from people who share the same religion.

You want more peace within your religion? Start by not even mentioning your violent counterparts. You can't focus on peace and talk about war at the same time. It doesn't work that way. If that doesn't work, there's always the "radical" option of.......off your radical counterparts slowly but surely. And that's not fighting fire with fire either. That's called the ends justifying the means, and it works. Very well.

The next time you wonder what Americans are really all about, the good one's at least, don't turn on C-Span...check this.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...




edit on 28-12-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

edit on 28-12-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
First off, if you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to apologize for. Personally, I wouldn't lower myself to the level of people who make blanket judgements. But that's just me.

Secondly, you don't have to explain HOW they're different. The more intelligent among us already know that. You're preaching to the choir here.

Thirdly, I speak out constantly about the hypocracy and redundancy of the American Government. They try to tell us that we're the most charitable nation in the world, but every time you turn around they have the military somewhere else fighting for God knows what cause. With charity like that, who needs a war, right?

And they're redundant in that there's nothing the Federal Government can't do for indiviual states that said states can't do for themselves. All we have to do is funnel the income taxes we pay to the Federali's directly to the states themselves. The Federal Government is nothing more than a middle man with a lot of guns. If they were in the mafia they would be street level fighters.That's it.They're nothing special.

The difference between you and me is that nobody has the guts to call me a liar because they know I'm right. I think you and the other peaceful Muslims out there need to be a bit more vocal about your stance on your religion and try to keep your counterparts out of the conversation. They get enough press as it is. They don't need more from people who share the same religion.

You want more peace within your religion? Start by not even mentioning your violent counterparts. You can't focus on peace and talk about war at the same time. It doesn't work that way. If that doesn't work, there's always the "radical" option of.......off your radical counterparts slowly but surely. And that's not fighting fire with fire either. That's called the ends justifying the means, and it works. Very well.

The next time you wonder what Americans are really all about, the good one's at least, don't turn on C-Span...check this.

youtu.be...





1) You WOULD make that statement, but you're not a muslim man with kids and a wife. You have no vested interest in whether tensions between muslims and non-muslims stays peaceful.

2) Have you been keeping up with this thread? Obviously the people who flock to this thread are not the "more intelligent".

3) How many muslims do you know that start conversations about extremists? I didn't start this thread. I'm just here to dispel the untruth...

4) Again, you seem to have your eyes closed (like most others) to muslims speaking out against it extremism...
edit on 28-12-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

“She would come to school crying and telling us her dad was crazy,” said Lacie Reed, 18. “He wouldn’t let her wear certain things. He was always taking her phone away, checking her call history and checking her text messages.”

Thats crazy? I thought that's called being a parent. Theres too much drama in the US. Discipline or rules are seen as "crazy"...


It is being a parent. Granted she was 18 - - but I'm raising an 11 year old - and doing the same thing. Unless you have a mid-school child you would not realize how "advanced" they are today.

We watch what she wears - she has to come straight home from school - no makeup except lip gloss - - she has to surrender her cell phone the minute she walks in the door - - we read her messages - - we have tracking on her phone - - she can have it back after she does all homework and chores. She's not allowed to go anywhere but on the sidewalk in front of her house. Her friends hang out at the school yard - - she doesn't. I got her a picnic table for the front yard - - so friends can hang out with her at home. Most of her friends don't seem to have any rules at all.



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


So I'm guessing we should suspect you of a future "honor-killing"...

According to the NDAA you're under arrest for nothing, you have no rights, and we will let you out when we damn well please.



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple I speak out constantly about the hypocracy and redundancy of the American Government. They try to tell us that we're the most charitable nation in the world, but every time you turn around they have the military somewhere else fighting for God knows what cause. With charity like that, who needs a war, right?


BTW - - America as a country/government is something like 33rd - - 3rd from the bottom (per capita) in donations/funding of foreign aide.

The American people as individuals are near the top.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Annee
 


So I'm guessing we should suspect you of a future "honor-killing"...

According to the NDAA you're under arrest for nothing, you have no rights, and we will let you out when we damn well please.


As an Atheist - - who knows - - after all I have no morals.

Or maybe as a Christian I can kick my gay child out of the house to live on the streets. That's OK I guess - - I didn't kill him.


edit on 28-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Why would a dude commit a "religious" honor killing, and then commit suicide


Because he could not live with the guilt
and did not want to be in jail the rest of his life
believing he would *go to heaven* after killing
his * dishonorable* fam
edit on 28-12-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem
 


*rubs temples*

I need a break...... #...



posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
oops. delete messed up

edit on 28-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
36
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join