It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Father Aziz Yazdanpanah Honor-Massacres Entire Family . . . in Texas (Blog opinion)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
As for your statement about educating muslims and "reminding us that this isn't 1500" ...

Read the entire thread. That wasn't ALL muslims. We are takling about those who adhere to backwards dangerous policies and practices. Read it in context.

I take serious offense to that.

I don't care.

The only time any kind of killing is advocated in the Qur'an is in wartime,

And like many cults and religions, Islam has invented an enemy and claims that the world is at war with it due to it's religion. Not at war because of the extremists who blow up plane loads of families ...

Originally posted by Annee
FACTS? Since when has ASSUMPTION been regarded as FACT ?

You are taking things out of context .. or only seeing what you want to see. Read the entire thread. The reference to FACTS was how Islam spread and to the fact that there was Islamic terrorism LONG before the USA even became a country. That's a FACT.

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Here Iam sat here with pain shooting in my willy (Kidney stones)

I had one of those ... 4 mm ... AWFUL event. You have my sincere sympathy. Kidney stones are awful.

The hate and fear in this thread scares me,

The political correctness in this thread is what should scare you.
Truth doesn't equal hate. It's just that simple.

Also, for you and FlyersFan, did Christianity not spread the same way?
Oh I forgot, the crusades were "self defense".
[

Also for you My.mind.is.mine ... I already said that the Crusades were hundreds of years ago and that Christianity has evolved and is held in check by secular laws. Something that much the so-called Islamic countries don't have .. evolution and secular laws. BTW ... I didn't say the crusades were 'self defense' ... you shouldn't say I did, when I clearly didn't. If you wish to start a thread discussing the crusades and how they were downright evil .. go ahead. I'll join in. Heck .. I'll throw in the inquisition as well.

I mean the number of priests sexually abusing children has been pretty high,

The PERCENTAGE is very low. Less than one percent.

and now there's proof that the Vatican did nothing about it.

The euro-centric smoke-of-satan-filled-vatican did nothing about it, so the Catholic people themselves did something. They formed 'For the sake of God's Children' and they self-policed the perps. Are Islamic countries doing that with their 'extremists' or are they encouraging them?? What's the record on how Hamas and The Muslim Brotherhood when it comes to terrorists?

Jesus was a spiritual teacher, true, but what proof do you have to back up the claim that Muhammad was not??? .

Read the book 'Why I am Not a Muslim" by Ibn Warriq. Awesome book with excellent information on how Muhammad was a liar and a thief and a murderer and a PAGAN. The Satanic Verses ... sorry but it's true. Muhammad was on a power trip .. plain and simple. He used fake visions to gain power. People still do it to this very day.

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Why, when a Muslim person carries out a heinous crime, is his religion brought to the fore, yet when a non-Muslim commits a similar crime, then his religion/irreligion is not even mentioned ?

You're kidding, right? The Obama administration tried to cover up the fact that the Fort Hood shooter was Muslim and was getting instructions from a known terrorist 'spiritual leader' overseas. They called it 'workplace violence' ...just hours after the Muslim shooter went on a rampage because of his extremist Muslim beliefs. If a person commits a crime due to his beliefs .. it's definately mentioned .. unless he's Muslim and the Obama (in)justice department wants to cover it up.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You're absolutely spot on with this one, Annee.

Why, when a Muslim person carries out a heinous crime, is his religion brought to the fore, yet when a non-Muslim commits a similar crime, then his religion/irreligion is not even mentioned ?

Because honor killings may be a part of muslim culture, thats why. Similar crimes happen everywhere, but the possibility of their cultural acceptance among (self-described) muslims makes these cases particulalry newsworthy.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

ummm, my point is, Islam didn't invent any enemy. The House of Saud however, did. Did you read my post or are you just too blind to realize that what you're speaking is regurgitated unfounded lies.

How can you say the satanic verses incident happened? Were you there? that doesn't make sense that you'd deny claims of the Prophet promoting peace, but say with certainty that a certain incident took place?

You mean to tell me that because an alleged "muslim nation" doesn't speak out against extremism, the muslim populations protest of these actions is now invalid? That doesn't even make sense! It's muslims all over the place who TRY to get through to people like you, but as is proven in your post, you only listen sometimes.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

reply to post by Annee

You're absolutely spot on with this one, Annee.

Because honor killings may be a part of muslim culture, thats why. Similar crimes happen everywhere, but the possibility of their cultural acceptance among (self-described) muslims makes these cases particulalry newsworthy.

NO - not really.

No more then "God made me do it". Any God.

Its prejudice sensationalism.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Islam is a religion, NOT A CULTURE. Arab muslims MIGHT be accepting of "honor killings" but have you ever heard of an "american honor killing"? What about an "african honor killing"? How about a "european honor killing"? hmmmmm, but if I were to boil over and kill my family, it wouldn't be "black man kills family" it would be "muslim honor killing", and then the you's would come along and invent a culture, who would support my actions.. weeeiiirrddd.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Wow so much hate....
I know plenty of Muslims and they are not evil, they don't agree with extreme views, they love their kid's just as much as we do...

Of course, there are good people who happen to be Muslim. They are fellow human beings.
Muslims are brainwashed from birth that Islam is the only true religion in the world. Does that sound familiar?

Before you lump Muslims in with Christian Fundies, there are some key differences:

1.) Jesus was a genuine spiritual teacher. Muhammad was not.

2.) Historically, Christians have committed atrocities. But Jesus would never have supported such behavior. It's been a few centuries since they burned anyone at the stake. Christians have evolved to more enlightened thinking since the Crusades and the Inquisition.

3.) On the other hand, Muhammad was a mass murderer who supported killing Infidels who refused to accept Muhammad as the "True Prophet of God."

And no, I am NOT a Christian.

I enjoy how you're ignoring my posts.

1) Jesus was a spiritual teacher, true, but what proof do you have to back up the claim that Muhammad was not??? Talking out the side of your neck. If Muhammad was not a spiritual teacher, tasawwuf would not exist. If you don't know what tasawwuf is, you need to STOP trying to get your "islamic education" on jihadwatch and religionofpeace, because anybody, can put a negative spin, on anything.

2) It hasn't been that long since they picketed a funeral, or killed an abortionist.

3) My above post schools you on the word "infidel". And a true study of historic accounts and circumstances of the wars that went on in the time of the Prophet would prove you wrong. Your problem is, that you do research with a slant. You wouldn't research to know, you'd research to prove your own thought right, no matter what your source is.

I am not ignoring your posts, My.mind.is.mind. There's a lot to respond to in this thread and I can't respond instantly to all the posts I would like to.

In 627 CE (AD), "The Jewish tribe of Qurayza raided by Muhammad; some 800 men beheaded (only one Jew abjuring his religion to save his life) and all the women and children sold as slaves." This is from my copy of the Koran (Qur'an) translated by an Iraqi Muslim and Arabic scholar named N.J. Dawood.

To me this is proof positive that Muhammad was not a true man of God.

Loonies picketing a US soldier's funeral for political reasons is not equal to the violence commited by Islamic terrorists. The very rare "Christian" (in name only) extremist bombing an abortion clinic or murdering a medical doctor who works there does not equate with the countless cases of mass murder committed by Islamic terrorists.

The word "infidel" (literally "unbeliever") can be applied to anyone who does not believe Muhammad was a "true prophet of God."

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Wow so much hate....
I know plenty of Muslims and they are not evil, they don't agree with extreme views, they love their kid's just as much as we do...

Of course, there are good people who happen to be Muslim. They are fellow human beings.
Muslims are brainwashed from birth that Islam is the only true religion in the world. Does that sound familiar?

Before you lump Muslims in with Christian Fundies, there are some key differences:

1.) Jesus was a genuine spiritual teacher. Muhammad was not.

2.) Historically, Christians have committed atrocities. But Jesus would never have supported such behavior. It's been a few centuries since they burned anyone at the stake. Christians have evolved to more enlightened thinking since the Crusades and the Inquisition.

3.) On the other hand, Muhammad was a mass murderer who supported killing Infidels who refused to accept Muhammad as the "True Prophet of God."

And no, I am NOT a Christian.

I enjoy how you're ignoring my posts.

1) Jesus was a spiritual teacher, true, but what proof do you have to back up the claim that Muhammad was not??? Talking out the side of your neck. If Muhammad was not a spiritual teacher, tasawwuf would not exist. If you don't know what tasawwuf is, you need to STOP trying to get your "islamic education" on jihadwatch and religionofpeace, because anybody, can put a negative spin, on anything.

2) It hasn't been that long since they picketed a funeral, or killed an abortionist.

3) My above post schools you on the word "infidel". And a true study of historic accounts and circumstances of the wars that went on in the time of the Prophet would prove you wrong. Your problem is, that you do research with a slant. You wouldn't research to know, you'd research to prove your own thought right, no matter what your source is.

I am not ignoring your posts, My.mind.is.mind. There's a lot to respond to in this thread and I can't respond instantly to all the posts I would like to.

In 627 CE (AD), "The Jewish tribe of Qurayza raided by Muhammad; some 800 men beheaded (only one Jew abjuring his religion to save his life) and all the women and children sold as slaves." This is from my copy of the Koran (Qur'an) translated by an Iraqi Muslim and Arabic scholar named N.J. Dawood.

To me this is proof positive that Muhammad was not a true man of God.

Loonies picketing a US soldier's funeral for political reasons is not equal to the violence commited by Islamic terrorists. The very rare "Christian" (in name only) extremist bombing an abortion clinic or murdering a medical doctor who works there does not equate with the countless cases of mass murder committed by Islamic terrorists.

The word "infidel" (literally "unbeliever") can be applied to anyone who does not believe Muhammad was a "true prophet of God."

1) What you quoted is not a Qur'anic verse, but an alleged historic account. Get it right. That's not from the Qur'an so I'm questioning you already.

2) Those "loonies" don't picket for political reasons, their basis is religious.

3) Why can THEY be Christian in name only, but if we as muslims call salafi extremists muslims "in name only" that gets refuted? The double standards in this debate KILLLLLL me.

4) Me telling you how the word infidel is used in Islam, wasn't something that you could debate and tell me how it applies. In Islam, a "non-believer" isn't one who denies the Prophet, it's one who denies GOD.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

I'm sorry, did they mention another source other than the neighbors "belief" proving they were a Muslim family that just happened to celebrate Christmas?

Really strange. Very dubious. And honestly, poor reckoning by OP. This is the sort of thread which shouldn't exist: it's one thing to ask for proof, another to open a debate, but an entirely different matter to openly accuse someone of being something they may/not be in your subject just to garner attention.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just going to point out to all who think that Islamist's do terrorist stuff more than anyone...
In this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... Helixer pointed out that between 2002/2005 the amount of attempted/successful terrorist attacks on US soil was Muslims 15 Jewish 18 thanks to zeroknowledge for digging this up...
www.fbi.gov...
Thats from your own FBI, Facts...
So looking at these figures you could say that Jewish terrorism is worse on US soil than Muslim terrorism.
But Iam not blaming one type of Religion here, a lot of you are but why don't you turn on the Jewish faith as much as you have turned on the Islamic faith? Because your goverment and media is biased.
So to sum up people from all faiths can be bad.
No more from me in this thread some posts are making me sick...

PS Also if you think many American/Muslims are Terrorists check this out...edition.cnn.com... 139 in 9 years...
edit on 28-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Given the number alleged Christians that kill a number of their family members over a family dispute, and then possibly them self as well, it was bound to happen eventually that one of them would be a Muslim. Neither Christians nor Muslims are immune from the family member gone on a suicidal killing spree due to a family feud.

More importantly, just because someone uses religion as an excuse doesn't make it true. People look for any old excuse to justify their actions and if it were not religion it would simply be something else. That is what anti-religion people fail to understand.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Honour killing usually, almost always, involves some cultural aspect, rather than religious. This dude had obviously lost his mind, after losing control of his family (as he most likely saw it). Add to this years of dogma, misguided religious views and a whole heap of cultural baggage and you have this said case.

Tragic, very tragic but lets not label every one with the same brush yeah? By your logic I am very likely to kill my family because I am a Muslim (now)?

I could easily say every white guy is a racist and likely wants to stab the next black guy at a bus stop?

Lets be a bit objective here, while I do not disagree with you (or condone) these fruit cakes who happen to be Muslims I will not rally behind a witch hunt.
edit on 28-12-2011 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

So, what about the Christian fanatics bombing abortion clinics or murdering abortion doctors???

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

ummm, my point is, Islam didn't invent any enemy.

ummm, my point is, that's dead wrong. EVERY religion invents an enemy and uses guilt. It's the glue that holds organized religions together. Islam is no exception.

Did you read my post or are you just too blind to realize that what you're speaking is regurgitated unfounded lies.

blah blah blah mental gymnastics

How can you say the satanic verses incident happened?

Historical fact. (From Muslim sources - al-Tabari; Waqidi) Sura 53
He also saw him (Gabriel) another time
By the Lote tree at the furthest boundary
Near to which is the Paradise of rest,
When th Lote tree covered that which is covered,
His sight turned not aside, neither did it wander
And verily he beheld some f the greatest Signs of his Lord
What do you think of Lat and Uzza
And Manat the thrid beside?

Muhammads response - "These are exalted Females Whose intercession verily is to be sought after."

Muhammad admitted to paganism to win the Meccans. It was a poltiical move. Either he lied about being pagan, or he really was pagan. Either way ... it happened.

that doesn't make sense that you'd deny claims of the Prophet promoting peace, but say with certainty that a certain incident took place?

1 - He wasn't a prophet.
2 - He was a murderer - murdering political opponents - and a liar, and therefore he wasn't 'promoting peace'.

622 Medina - political assassinations and massacre of the jews. He sent out raiding parties and even went on a few himself. This is murder and theft. Nothing more. Then the battle of Badr. The execution of al-Nader. Then the woman Asma bint Marwan. Threat of death on the Banu Qaynuqa and eventual banishment. The Battle of the Trench. The murder of Abi 'l Huqayq. The attacks on the forts of Khaybar. etc etc .. yeah ... all promoting peace.

Some truth to shine a light on the origins of Islam and Muhammads paganism ...

"Many of the duties and rites of Islam are continuations of practices which the pagan Arabs had adopted from the Jews." - Ali Dashti (died in 1984 in Khomeini's prison)

edit on 12/28/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed smilie

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

So to sum up people from all faiths can be bad.

Not all faiths are equal. In fact, no two are equal when it comes to number of extremists, both relative and absolute. It is my opinion that Islam is probably the worst in modern times in this regard, taking the lead from christianity in the past.

reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Islam is a religion, NOT A CULTURE.

Religion is a subset of culture.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

This IS Islam. The majority of "real" Muslims would believe that this man honored himself and his family by commiting this horrific act. Most of the American Muslims would not do such a thing, because like many Christians, they are "watered down" in their religion. When you take a hard look at the "true" Muslim faith, it is taught that Westerners are all infidels, as well as many other nations, amd we should all be "cleansed" from the earth. We have people that call themselves Christians, but never attend church, and do not live like a true Christian. It is the same with American Muslims. They claim to be Muslims, but do not attend the Mosque, and do not live like a true Muslim should live. Even the "true" Muslims view these as infidels as well as Christians. To say that Islam is a peaceful religion is only true when it has been "watered down" so that it will fit into western society. American muslims, with the exception of some, are peaceful people, but those who follow the faith in the oldest and purest doctrines are dangerous in thier beliefs toward Westerners and Christianity in general. They believe it is up to THEM to carry out the will of Allah and kill people in his name. Who are they to judge anybody? My God says, "Judge not, for it will be you who are judged". And also that we will be judged as harshly as we judge others. The Old Testament and the Koran tell much of the same stories, from the creation epic to the great deluge. I guess it is all a matter of interpretation. The Koran is interpreted by men, men who want to have control over people, especially women. The fact is that the "true" Muslim faith does not mingle well within western society, and it is a great thing that American Muslims can see through the evil interpretations of their faith and make changes in order to live peacefully in a society. I guess what I am trying to point out here is thst there is a big difference between this "new" peaceful Islam, and the "old" radical Islam. Christianity has certainly seen it's fair share of grotesque violence and murder, and Islam has seen plenty of it too. We as human beings need to look hard at what we believe and apply right and wrong. We do know good from evil, we just need to all act on it. Just because someone interprets something one way, the evil way, doesn't mean we have to go by that interpretation. This is America, we have a choice. If somebody wants to practice an evil religion because they believe in evil mens interpretations, then they should live among those evil men and practice away. This is America, and those people who were killed in this "honor murder" had a right to live any way they choose as long as they did not infringe upon the rights of others. This man instilled his will on his family and was a tyrant, just as his religion convinced him to be.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by govspy911

Generalization FAIL.

I was at the masjid (mosque) all of 3.5 hours ago, and you know what, it was almost full for the noon prayer... lol

and while I'm here, please show me proof that honor killing is prescribed in Islam.
I'll wait.

edit on 28-12-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sorry didnt read it WALL OF TEXT...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yinyang04011

Just because some radical bomber of a clinic claims to be Christian does not mean they are. If they were truly a Christian, would they be doing such things? Perhaps if their religious leaders interpreted something to convince them that this was the will of God. If God wants abortion clinics to be blown up, he will do it himself, he is all powerful and omnipotent. The same for Allah, if he wants these "infidels" killed, he can do it himself.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

The man who did all the killings in the Santa suit has already proved that for me. Im not saying the Islamic faith you practice teaches this, it is up to the teacher to interpret the doctrine. He chooses to interpret good or evil.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I completely agree with you. I posted that in response to someone saying that Muslims are the only religious group that has killed people on the basis of their faith.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join