It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Father Aziz Yazdanpanah Honor-Massacres Entire Family . . . in Texas (Blog opinion)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Seriously? An ultra conservative Muslim family celebrating Christmas and dressing up as Santa Claus? Doesn't that strike anybody as strange?

I guess it's possible but somehow I doubt a devout Muslim would dress up as Santa and celebrate Christmas.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
No other religions bomb regions where there are innocent people.

Oh, really? The Jews in Israel have never bombed any innocent civilians? Ever?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I have this to say. Although it is well publicised that Muslim "honour" killings occur, it has by no means, been proven that this incident is one of those. Families get destroyed by thier own with regularity, if not great frequency, and the families it has happened to have been white, black, yellow, tan, nearly damned orange, and have had every faith and upbringing from Christian conservative to hippy liberal.

The truth is, unless the man who committed these acts, happens to have stated for the record that he believed his actions to have a religious motivation, or unless he committed such thoughts to paper, or in any other recordable format, then the investigators would be dead wrong to believe it, and so would anyone reading this thread, or indeed the article it relates to. Unless there is some forensic evidence that could point toward an honour killing, this is just the same as any other man flipping out and killing his family.

The man massacred his entire family, and regardless of ones politics or religious affiliations, or ones obsession with hating on a minority target, the facts as described in the article sound much less like the MO of an honour killer, and far more in tune with the behaviour of a psychopathic, who has lost control of his family. To make an assumption, that just because the man was a Muslim, means automatically that his actions constitute a religiously motivated action is bigoted, retarded, foolish, and will lead ultimately to an inaccurate conclusion in 99% of all ones dealings with the outside world.

Just because a person has dark skin and listens to rap, does not mean he owns a gun. Just because a person is white and has a shaved head does not mean he is a skinhead thug. Just because a man is a Muslim, and murders his entire family does not mean that his actions amount to an honour killing.

Nuance, detail.... that is what is lacking from the thinking here. Wake up , open your eyes and see the punctuation in the poetry of life.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

They probably CONVERTED or the wife/mother was Christian in the first place

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

What an utter load of crock......

go back to your history books!

Persians/Iranians are NOT Arab and they speak Farsi. They are equally as intelligent as the Israelis are. Persians or Iranians are for the most part well educated.
edit on 28-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
An honor killing or honour killing[1] is the homicide of a member of a family or social group by other members, due to the belief of the perpetrators that the victim has brought dishonor upon the family or community. Honor killings are directed mostly against women and girls, but have been extended to men.

The perceived dishonor is normally the result of one of the following behaviors, or the suspicion of such behaviors: dressing in a manner unacceptable to the family or community, wanting to terminate or prevent an arranged marriage or desiring to marry by own choice, especially if to a member of a social group deemed inappropriate, engaging in heterosexual acts outside marriage and engaging in homosexual acts

The guy slaughtered his family. Why are you defending muslim honor killings ..

-------------------------

“She couldn’t date at all until she was a certain age, but when he was going to let her date she couldn’t date anyone outside of their race or religion,” Reed said.

Yiselle Alvarenga, 18, said Nona’s mother and brother seemed to come to her aid when her father punished her.

“He would take her phone away and her mother would give it back to her and her brother would let her use his phone,” Alvarenga said. “She was doing good. She was just excited that her life was going to start and she was going to have control of it.” . . .

-------------------------

Sounds like an Honor killing to me.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

erm why would it be reported in NZ? wasn't reported in the UK either, I dont get your point?
Who are the America haters in this post?
I think you think the guy is saying it doesnt happen in NZ but I think he is just saying he has not heard it being reported.....
edit on 28-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Maybe they do it because our goverments have bombed them and killed their familys?

That attempted defense of Islamic terrorism = epic fail.
Islamic Terrorism .. Is It a New Theat?
The fact that there are 'muslim countries' is proof of unending Islamic terrorism.
Those countries were vibrant and ancient civilizations ... all plowed under and the people butchered.
That's how Islam spreads .... at the point of a blood soaked sword.
Always has been.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow so much hate....
I know plenty of Muslims and they are not evil, they don't agree with extreme views, they love their kid's just as much as we do...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the hell this has to do with crocodile fishing or otherwise.
Fact remains there are some people within the Muslim community who will go to such extremes when they feel their families honour has been brought into disrepute.

Also lots of people from different faiths have taken on the Santa thing and wack up some decorations. It's got sod all to do with Christianity after all.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Ah I get you and also all the time mate hence 2 ex wifes ;D

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Wow so much hate....

Truth isn't hate. No matter how much the PC crowd tries to make it out to be.
You made the excuse for extremist Islamic terrorism being that their countries are bombed by us.
The FACT is that there was Islamic terrorism long before we ever got involved with them.
That's just a fact. If you want to say 'wow, so much hate' ... then you'd best point your
finger at the long list of Islamic terrorist attacks ... that's where the hate is, and always has been.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Having thought a little more on the subject I still stand by my thoughts that this is Religions fault as well as the mans, you see Religion has always taught that the man is stronger and the woman are more evil then men, (Eve eating the apple etc).
It is a good way to control but a better way to control women, but now women are equal and want the same things Men want but certain Men who have been brought up to believe everything in their Holy Books have less control over the women in their lives and go and do something as evil as this.
Although this is from an athiest website and about Muslims for the most part it is a good read.
www.atheistfoundation.org.au...

Also to the poster above this post read this...
www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The hate is spread around the world of Religion though isnt it?
Whats your plan then have another crusade to deal with the Evil Muslims?
I have tried to understand why people turn to terrorism and I can say with my hand on my heart if another country invaded my homeland and killed my whole family then yes I would want revenge.
Also blame your own goverment for training them, arming them then leaving them up # creak without a paddle.
What if your kids couldnt get a life saving drug because another country has placed sanctions on your own country and your kid dies..you gonna do nothing about it?
Also remember the amount of terrorists is tiny, you are falling for your Goverments propaganda, and you are helping spread the fear..
Gee whizz I have many Muslim close workmates/mates and I talk to them all the time about their Religion they dont hate us, they just want to live in peace.
We should just use the word Terrorists because there are as many Terrorists in every Religion as muslim ones.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Also to the poster above this post read this...
www.religioustolerance.org...

OMG .. that was funny! Or sad. They completely ignore the bloody history of Islam. How PC.

Whats your plan then have another crusade to deal with the Evil Muslims?

More like educate them. This isn't the year 1500 anymore. Women aren't cattle. Killing just because someone worships a different god or because you don't like they way they worship is just uncivilized.

Also remember the amount of terrorists is tiny,

Not so tiny. And not so discounted.
Pew Research - Where Terrorism Finds Support in the Muslim World

For example, Moroccans overwhelmingly disapprove of suicide bombings against civilians, but, among respondents in the six predominantly Muslim countries surveyed, they are the most likely to see it as a justifiable tactic against Americans and other westerners in Iraq. Opinions about the United States, its attitudes in dealing with the larger world and the Iraq war are also powerful factors in shaping support for terrorism, as are perceptions that Islam is under threat.

What do Muslims NationsThink of Terrorists

Arabs outside Israel have very benign views of these terrorists. Fully 52% of Egyptians support Hamas, the vile group that has taken over Gaza and that is dedicated to the eradication of Israel. Even worse, 56% of Jordanians support Hamas. Fifty-one percent of Jordanians (though only 43% of Egyptians) have a similarly positive view of Hezbollah. These two countries are Israel's "friendliest" neighbors. How confident can Israel be about its relations with countries the majority of whose populations fondly support its genocidal enemy? As for Lebanon, almost all (97%) of its Shiite Muslim population supports Hezbollah, which is of course the de facto totalitarian government in South Lebanon, where the Shiites live. (Only 18% of Lebanese Christians and 2% of its Sunni Muslims are fans of Hezbollah.)

UK Telegraph What do British Muslims Think of the UK

- - 40% of this poll found Muslims wanting Sharia law in the UK
These results are from a poll of Muslim students:
– 33% claim that killing is justified if done to protect religion.
– 40 percent support the introduction of sharia for British Muslims.
– 33 percent support a worldwide Islamic caliphate based on sharia.
According to Channel 4 Polls in August 2006, reported in both the Scotsman and the Financial Times:
-24 per cent agreed or tended to agree that the 7/7 bombings were justified
- 28% of muslims agreed they dreamt of Britain becoming an Islamic State.
-78% wanted Danish cartoonist prosecuted.
-68% want prosecutions for insulting Islam.
-62% disagree with the freedom of speech if it insults religious sensibilities.
-50% said British people who insult Islam should be arrested and prosecuted
-Between 5-9% say that violence to protect Islam is acceptable.
-Whilst 10-13% found that they “understood” why young muslims might want to become suicide bombers

you are falling for your Goverments propaganda, and you are helping spread the fear..

Actually, it looks like you are falling for the rhetoric of the politically correct.

there are as many Terrorists in every Religion as muslim ones

Prove that statement please. Show me that 33% of Buddhists believe in killing because someone insults Buddhism is justified. Show me that 33% of Catholics think killing because someone told the truth about pedophiles in the Catholic Church is justified. Show me that 33% of the Amish or the Mormons believe that killing because someone shows their religion in a negative light is justified. Show me that 33% of Lutherans believe that killing is justified if someone draws a political cartoon of their pastor. Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by Dbriefed

S&F Db,

I have not seen this sad story here in NZ.

Yet another tragedy when the man who thinks he is the head of the family and so has control over them all is a delusional lunatic.

I would like to take a moment to grieve for his family - I did not know them, but they were innocent victims of a controlling madman.

This is not a Muslim honour killing.

THIS IS A MUSLIM DISHONOUR MURDER BY A CONTROLLING LUNATIC.

AND TO ALL YOU BRAINWASHED IDIOTS - IT IS NEVER ABOUT HONOUR. HOW DARE YOU CALL IT THAT.

Sorry about shouting, but this kind of thing makes me so angry.

A message to you men out there who think this is OK - YOU WILL PAY!

"Honor" is what your culture (and religion in most cases) teaches you. He was not a lunatic. He was merely doing what he felt was right according to his beliefs. Given that "honor" killings are normal behaviors in many parts of the world, even in such "civilized" places as Ireland and Kentucky (USA), you can blame the culture which forms the mindset with which people work when atempting to deal with life's challenges.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join