It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Father Aziz Yazdanpanah Honor-Massacres Entire Family . . . in Texas (Blog opinion)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Muslim Father Aziz Yazdanpanah Honor-Massacres Entire Family . . . in Texas

www.answeringmuslims.com

I watched this story more than a dozen times on the news over the past couple of days. I didn't see a single program that noted the obvious honor-killing elements of this massacre. Yazdanpanah had lost control of his family. His wife had left him. His daughter was dating a non-Muslim. And he killed them all.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28/12/11 by neformore because: Edited title to reflect the source article.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
True to the authors' statements, even CNN hides the fact this was a Muslim honor killing.

www.cnn.com...

Bodies of 6 victims, suspected gunman ID'd in Texas shooting

December 27, 2011

Azizolah Yazdanpanah, 56, was identified by Tarrant County medical examiners as the man who apparently opened fire on the family gathering in a Grapevine apartment on Sunday, said police Sgt. Robert Eberling. Yazdanpanah was the father of two of the teenage victims and the estranged husband of another, according to police....

What is up with mainstream media? The mass murder of 12 soldiers in Fort Worth by a Muslim now called workplace violence?
www.defense.gov...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Falls Church, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.

www.answeringmuslims.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-12-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I just read this...what a sad story. He went in that apt dressed as Santa Claus and SHOT everybody! I don't really like to deal with absolutes but that is pure evil.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

S&F Db,

I have not seen this sad story here in NZ.

Yet another tragedy when the man who thinks he is the head of the family and so has control over them all is a delusional lunatic.

I would like to take a moment to grieve for his family - I did not know them, but they were innocent victims of a controlling madman.

This is not a Muslim honour killing.

THIS IS A MUSLIM DISHONOUR MURDER BY A CONTROLLING LUNATIC.

AND TO ALL YOU BRAINWASHED IDIOTS - IT IS NEVER ABOUT HONOUR. HOW DARE YOU CALL IT THAT.

Sorry about shouting, but this kind of thing makes me so angry.

A message to you men out there who think this is OK - YOU WILL PAY!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

The city of Grapevine is only a few miles from where I am, and Ive visited the area before where these apartments are located. When I first heard about this story, I had no idea it would be related to "honor" killings. Also, I believe this is the only murder this year in the city of Grapevine, and the worst ever in the city. Im still a bit skepitcal that it could be an honor killing, and Im looking for some more articles. I found this one so far.

Texas Christmas Day Massacre Alleged to be Islamic Honor Killing; Truth or Islamophobia?

Initial reports attributed the motive behind the killing to Yazdanpanah's financial troubles, home foreclosure and the emotional trauma of having been alienated from his wife and children.

However, Jihad Watch, a site ran by Robert Spencer, well-known author and columnist, has alleged that Yazdanpanah, a Muslim, couldn't digest the fact that his daughter was dating a non-Muslim and chose to kill the family to thwart the perceived dishonor.

The site quoted friends and classmates of Yazdanpanah's teenage daughter Nona. One of them named Lacie Reed was quoted as saying, "She (Nona) would come to school crying and telling us her dad was crazy. He wouldn't let her wear certain things. He was always taking her phone away, checking her call history and checking her text messages."

Im still not sure if this was an honor killing, but I wont rule it out either. To my understanding, he did this because of financial and marital troubles. This still is only a few days old, and Im sure more information will be coming out soon. This has been all over my local news, so if something else comes out, ill post it.
edit on 28-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hey guys
islam is the religion of peace
its just a small minority who use violence and all that
right?

This is why i tell the political correct idiots who try to defend it to take their heads out of their bottoms!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

Heck just dont pick on Islam I could do a search and find many other killings like this with any Religion..here is one done by a Christian..www.guardian.co.uk...
A good blog here with Muslim and Christian views on Honor killings freethoughtblogs.com...
Let me guess mary are you a Christian?
edit on 28-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Why are Muslims so involved in terror attacks?

No other religions bomb regions where there are innocent people.

Can I ask you Muslim proponents - can you give me one instance where any religion kills innocent people - apart from Ireland a long time ago.

What I am saying is this - if you want to go to war, go and kill like-minded people - leave the civilians alone.

And what I am truly saying is this - if you want to keep fighting your stupid and destructive wars - GO AWAY FROM INNOCENTS!

Also, I have to say this - STOP!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Why are Muslims so involved in terror attacks?

No other religions bomb regions where there are innocent people.

Can I ask you Muslim proponents - can you give me one instance where any religion kills innocent people - apart from Ireland a long time ago.

What I am saying is this - if you want to go to war, go and kill like-minded people - leave the civilians alone.

And what I am truly saying is this - if you want to keep fighting your stupid and destructive wars - GO AWAY FROM INNOCENTS!

Also, I have to say this - STOP!

Maybe they do it because our goverments have bombed them and killed their familys?
Oh and the real IRA still kill people so it isnt a long time ago.
I agree with you in the aspect that they shouldnt target civ's but seeing we did it in WW2 well it works....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You people always bring up a person's religion when they're a muslim but never for anybody else, and when there's no evidence it was linked to religion you accuse a "media coverup".

Yet when somebody mass murders it's never "Christian Ted Bundy" or "Christian Anders Behring Brehvik kills people in Norway" etc it's just a stupid double standard against Islam.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yazman
You people always bring up a person's religion when they're a muslim but never for anybody else, and when there's no evidence it was linked to religion you accuse a "media coverup".

Yet when somebody mass murders it's never "Christian Ted Bundy" or "Christian Anders Behring Brehvik kills people in Norway" etc it's just a stupid double standard against Islam.

Yup star for you, Also I bet it's Christians who are bringing up the fact they are Muslim, I guess they heard Islam is the fastest growing Religion and are trying to reverse it
(I think the Jesus dudes are scared
)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Humm

The name ” Yazdanpanah”is a typical Iranian name and Iranian doesn’t fit the”honour” killing bill.

Something is fishy about this story.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by admiralmary

Heck just dont pick on Islam I could do a search and find many other killings like this with any Religion..here is one done by a Christian..www.guardian.co.uk...
A good blog here with Muslim and Christian views on Honor killings freethoughtblogs.com...
Let me guess mary are you a Christian?
edit on 28-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Of course, it is easy...just to be a holier-than-thou devil's advocate (interesting play on words, huh?)...to do a search, and find in the whole wide world, there was a Christian guy who killed his daughter because she wanted to marry a Muslim. Wow, good work.

If you want to be completely honest in your advocacy, though, and you did a thorough search on the subject you would come up with hundreds of examples of "honour" violence perpetrated by Muslims for every one you can committed by Christians.

I dare say you could find many more (times) examples of Hindu honur killings, as well, than you ever could of Christian ones in this day and age.

So, while you are delighting in taking a progressive view of Muslim behaviour around the world...a little intellectual honesty in your arguments would go a long way.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Just pointing out that it is all Religion what causes this type of killing, I just find it silly that everyone jumps on the same bandwagon of "Islam that's the cause", when they should be saying "Religion thats the cause"

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I find it silly that people blame religion. There are some truly amazing people that are devout. I know it's super cool to be an atheist right now, but lets not throw good people under the bus to stroke ego.

Edit to add: I like you. I just think that we all need to stop bashing each other for our beliefs. Or lack thereof.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Iam not an atheist, I just don't follow Religion because it is a man made thing....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I get ya. I suppose I was rather hasty in my reply. I did a bit of editing.

Saying, 'Religion, that's the cause.' seems rather insulting. There are very religious people that would never raise a hand, would never advocate honor killings, would never wish harm on another soul. When we see an atrocity committed in the name of a religion, I think we need to sit back, and realize that horrendous act was only appreciated by sick minds.

Also, the OP source sucks.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ahhhh I like you too Domo
but its all in good fun eh

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Yes it is a Persian name.

After the family broke up did the wife and kids convert to Christianity ? They were however celebrating Xmas at the time.

Perhaps the husband/father lost alot of wealth on the stock market? Business problems?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Honor killings is more a cultural thing rather than religious. Honor killings have been going on for thousands of years mainly among the semitic tribes becoming even more previlant after Islam was born and creep in to Asian countries soon after.
edit on 28-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join