It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I find information about what the stats mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I see member stats such as:

P 5,866 F 0 S 11
W 10 K 0

...but I have very little idea what they mean.

I read people saying, "great thread! S & F!" and I'm not totally sure what that means.

P=post count? K=karma? S=stars? F=friends? W= ????

Thanks in advance!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OceanGeek

P= number of posts a member has
S= number of star the member has accumulated on their individual posts
F=number of flags they have received for the threads they have authored, this site being 'flagged' is a good thing
W=ranking of WATS points, or 'way above top secret', there is a formula to determine this number based upon bthe other ranks, search for wats number and the thread will describe that.
K=karma, or an equalizer number for members who ost often, but do not receive flags because they rarely author threads

When another member says "S&F" they mean they are giving the member a star and a flag for a post that they believe is worth the praise.

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Another difference between "W" and "K" is that "W" accumulates, whereas "K" is an average and may go down as well as up; there's a "divide by the number of posts" somewhere in the formula.
Thus you started with a "K" of 20, like everybody else, which went down to 10 on your second post, and 1 by your twentieth post, unless you picked up stars on the way.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I always wondered that if you gave someone a star it subtracts a star from your own total. I suppose I could test it by just giving a member one and see if it does subtract.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Thanks very much! That really cleared things up

new topics

top topics

join