It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Editing Software for the Beginner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I just got a Sony camcorder for Christmas and have begun to look for editing software. I am thinking abuot theSony Vegas line. Like I said, I'm a beginner but want software that I can grow with . Any suggestions?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I have a PC, and i use corel video studio pro, i have the x2, x3, and i got the latest x4.
I tried other software but i guess i liked the ease of use of this.
There are no correct answers for your question, as you will have to download trials and use them and see how you get the hang of it.I tried a dozen others like sony vegas, movie studio etc etc.They are all good and get the job done for a beginner.I myself am a beginner as well but i like to keep up with any new software in the series so i buy them all every year

www.corel.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
i just got done using videopad video editor. i downloaded the free trial just to try it out and it works great for what i needed. my video was about 50min and it had no problem un like windows movie maker live. i dont know how in depth you want to get in to the film editing but i would recommend looking in to videopad.

videopad video editor from c-net

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
If you don't have the money, a free version is virtual dub. Depending on how you want to edit the video. But, this does the trick for me. If you want the good software then go with Coral. But they can be extremely expensive.

virtualdub.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

I agree... "video pad" from cnet is free and gets the job done. It's also moderately easy to learn

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

Could never watch that movie "IT"

That clown is creepy. And they say my last avatar was creepy. Yours takes the cake.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the advice!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Holloween is my favorite.... Its a picture of my 2009 costume.... I was at work (record store) and it took about 2 hours looking in a mirror to hand paint this on my face.

The best was driving back home.... I've never seen so many scared people.

in the pic my eyes are closed and mouth is shut tight together to give a better effect.

edit on 29-12-2011 by FORMe2p00p0n because: one little turd was left hanging

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

I can't see how you were able to even drive with your eyes so black.

Bet it took hours just to get it all off. lol

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Adobe Premiere Pro, get a trial and learn it.

Why learn an inferior package if it looks like you want to actually 'grow' into this.

top topics

join