It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introspection and Free Will

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

In a sense Bluesma, you aver what I have said, in a roundabout way. Submission is not in question, really...what seems to be being discussed is FREE WILL.
The illustration of the horse and rider, is really illustrating a symbiotic FREE WILL association/contract...otherwise, according to what I hear you saying, humans have no real FREE WILL, but horses do.?!

One of my observances was that, for this reason (symbiotic contracts) are necessary for the uplift of the human race...it breeds personal responsibility in a social milieu. The symbiotic contract does exactly this, like the 'individual' players in a sporting side, a corporation etc...they may all have 'mini-agendas' of thier own, but the common goal is fulfilled by accepting that many minds and hands are needed to achieve this common goal, while fulfilling personal agendas, all based on conscious and unconscious FREE WILL choices.

Akushla

edit on 30-12-2011 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
reply to post by Bluesma

In a sense Bluesma, you aver what I have said, in a roundabout way. Submission is not in question, really...what seems to be being discussed is FREE WILL.
The illustration of the horse and rider, is really illustrating a symbiotic FREE WILL association/contract...otherwise, according to what I hear you saying, humans have no real FREE WILL, but horses do.?!

One of my observances was that, for this reason (symbiotic contracts) are necessary for the uplift of the human race...it breeds personal responsibility in a social milleau. The symbiotic contract does exactly this, like the 'individual' players in a sporting side, a corporation etc...they may all have 'mini-agendas' of thier own, but the common goal is fulfilled by accepting that many minds and hands are needed to achieve this common goal, while fulfilling personal agendas, all based on conscious and unconscious FREE WILL choices.

Akushla

I have no disagreement with that. Never did. I wondered when I read your post why you seemd to be saying the same thing I just said, but also adding comments that suggested you were disagreeing? I was very confused by that and didn't know how to respond.

I also am struck by how many, including you, read me as saying that free will doesn't exist....? When I wrote that I suspect we have "less than we tend to think"- not none at all.

It was also inspired mostly by observations of people talking about "keeping their ego in check" and making sure to avoid giving into natural reactions- which I do not see as evil, nor as the "ego".

It was inspired by further proclamations that in being constantly introspective and self analytical one can be sure to see themself as they are, and keep all their behaviors "under control" (as they were very being hypocritical at the same time). I reflected upon my own past experience of years of trying to be that way, and finding that it is illusional, and felt more like my ego just trying to convince itself it has everything under control and is powerful, and simultaneously not appreciating the benefits and gifts of the natural social animal within. (which leads us into relationships, social roles, hierarchy.....). It was treatise against a current popular belief that the "free willed person" remains isolated and detached from such interactions. I assert they are fooling themselves.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

It is an interesting topic Bluesma...one that Sparks alot of wierd ideas.
Quite hard not to broach it without referring to a more spiritual context...this may be the reason I baulk at the talk of 'white-coats'...

I appreciate the effort you put into your posts and replies, and respect your opinion either way...

Akushla

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

As I age, I become more and more drawn to the conclusion that we have less of it than we tend to think. It becomes more and more obvious that most of our choices and decisions actually happen subconsciously, and our conscious self simply takes credit for it, and makes up explanations and reasons after that.

I have to agree. I believe this sums up the difference in ancient and modern man. Ancient man listened directly to his subconciouss and modern man the opposite. The subconcious sometimes does break through with sometimes spectacular results.

The Aboriginal Dreamtime was real im sure of it. They lived in a waking dream. They could fly and do things which appear like magic. What happened to cause the shift of awareness out of the subconciouss i dont know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join