It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the drone lost in Iran be a dummy drone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've have had this thought since the US drone went down in Iran but I haven't heard anyone else mention it.

What are the chances that the US downed a technological dummy drone in Iran on purpose??? It seems like something I would do if I were pressing for a future war with a certain country.

Just a thought
edit on 28-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

I thought this when i heard it too.

It would give the US another reason to go in and invade Iran.....if the whole "They have nukes and will kill us all" bs doesnt work on the masses.

These drones are supposed to be invisible, i can bet they are in almost every country on the planet....probably even flying over the UK. Yet given all our technology we dont see them, and certainly dont down them.

Theres more to this story than meets the eye.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

I have also considered this as a possibility, perhaps they used it as a ploy, to lull their enemies into a state of false security? Either as being a downgraded version of their actual tech, or because they've got something on an entirely different level slipped up their sleeves. Honestly, who knows though, we will have to wait and see.

Although, to whoever it may concern, I really do hope that you didn't just go and loose your cutting edge technical superiority to your known, and potential enemies.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

It is possible of course.

What occurred to me right after it happened (along the same lines) is that it might have been something of a Trojan Horse.

We would know that they would try to extract data from it, try to de-crypt whatever is in there...which would require them to hook it (or extracted data) up to their own networks...thereby allowing the transfer of more Stuxnet-like, and other, viruses.

It could have been just a (sort of) message sent in a (fancy flying) bottle.

But the message would be more along the lines of a "gotcha"

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The US lost countless drones already under all kinds of circumstances. A war because of a lost drone..ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Another excuse to invade them.

They "might" get hold of the secret technology within...then start making them...then equip them with nukes, and destroy the west....

***SARCASM***

Normally when these things are "lost" they are destroyed in the process. This one is in (apparently) perfect working condition and intact.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Like mobiusmale mentioned more of a Trojan Horse than a reason to invade. The war wouldn't be because of the lost drone. You'd think they would just destroy the drone to keep the technology out of the Iranians hands who will sell the tech to their friends in China and Russia. If you dispute that, I can't talk to you. lol

It is totally counter productive not to destroy it if it's the real mccoy.

This whole asking nicely; 'Please let us have our drone back'. Pffst, give me a break
edit on 28-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well your theory is good
we never know what kind of nasty strategy the US have

This drone is maybe a trojan horse like in the movie Troy
we never know

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

Of course it is, no doubts about it

new topics

top topics