It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Crickets "Swami Army" Indicative of Multiculturism IntegrationFailure ...in Australia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The "Swami Army " reported on ABC radio as being a group of predominantly Australian born people of Indian descent...are making headlines in Australia.

For the overseas readers "cricket is a worldwide ball game played traditionallly by commonwealth nations such as England, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Sri lanka, South Africa, West Indies ect.

But at the boxing day test in Melbourne Australia ....between Australia and India... the Indians came out in force waving Indian flags and cheering almost manically for their Indian heroes...despite the majority Indian fanatics being born in Australia or having Australian citizenship/permanent residency.

The question should be asked ...what is this indicative of?

People rushing to a country , taking all the fruits it has to offer, yet cheering for the nation they ridded themselves of and booing the nation that has accepted them , and in many cases the country they were born into.

What will happen if Australia ever goes to war with India?

Will these Aussie born people who see the Indian nation more worthy of their allegiance than the Aussie nation they were born intake up arms against Australia ina future conflict?

The "swami army " as it is now known in Australia should ask themselves... "Are they disrespecting milions of Australians by seeting themselves up as fervent Indian supporters over the nation they were born into?

In my humble opinion it is a disgrace.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Nope they are not disrespecting Australia.

In Canada, our approach to multiculturalism has been called a "tossed salad" (get your mind out of the gutter) as compared to the US's "melting pot" ... that means that we welcome new Canadians AND their ethnic identities, and even FURTHER, we actively work on helping them maintain their ethnic identities and traditions.

For us, it is very normal to see, for example, Chinese-Canadians, (Canadian-born included, usually at least for a few generations the national identity of immigrant families' forefathers is quite strong), root for China in the Olympics, or replace China with Russia, or Greece, or Brazil, or any country. They tend to also root for Canada too, but most loudly for their ethnic country. I have NEVER found anything wrong about this and I have never been offended for Canada!

I think we have a beautiful, multicultural country and I think we blend cultures in a peaceful and happy way a lot better than a lot of other countries. France, which tries to blank out all cultural differences and just make everyone forget and consider themselves French only ....THAT creeps me out.

I love the fact that you can experience so much of the world's cultures without having to leave Canada in a really authentic, non-touristized type way. I love that the people are so proud of their ancestors and their traditions. This takes NOTHING away from Canada. Why should Australia be more insecure?
edit on 28-12-2011 by OceanGeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
the blind have no perspective of daylight treason, yet neither do the seeing , if they choose to close their lids.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

This is a disgrace!!!

Tell them to return to their home country which is a hellhole.Have been pathetic conditions in Mumbai.Delhi is no better.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Nay these are not the peasant class Indians they never get out of hell, these are the growing burgeoning middle classes of Indians who open holes in the frontiers of other nations ,ready for the exploiters to smash through.

They bring with them the despicable caste systems of India, and use subsequent imported peasant labour from lower castes to give themselves unfair labour cost advantages against local businesses.

Its the middle ages all over agian, yet money talks, so its all hush hush.

This world is so hypocritical and false , it has to be on camera.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

and they accuse whites of racism while being the biggest racists themselves..

Blame the whites, the whites.All this due to jewish political correctness.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I might get flamed for this, but in my opinion, if someone were to seek asylum or a place to live within Australia, then they should keep their original customs, however show respect for Australian ones also. Too many times have i seen people of African and Middle Easter descent speak lowly of Australia while portraying themselves as high and mighty, disrespecting the people that are allowing them to stay

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I know about the lebanese and the african salafis.
Same # but much more vocal.Russia dealt with the salafis very well.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Patriotism is frowned upon here in Australia.....all talk about being patriotic but frowned upon and made to feel guilty when put in practise.

Waving Australian flags in ethnic areas is almost labelled racist.

Its a bloody joke....minorities have waaay too much say in this country and this green/commi rpimeminister is making it worse.

join