It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun sales at record levels! People preparing for what's coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
And arming themselves against the most dangerous thing on earth : the American government, especially with NDAA passed...

Gun sales at record levels, according to FBI background checks

December holiday shoppers were not just interested in buying the hottest electronics and toys -- they also were purchasing record numbers of guns, according to the latest FBI figures on background checks required to buy firearms.

With a few days left in December, the FBI reports the number of background checks has already topped the previous one-month record -- set only in November -- of 1,534,414 inquiries by gun dealers to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System also known as NICS. Almost half a million checks were done in just the last six days before Christmas.

Two days before Christmas, NICS ran 102,222 background checks, which was the second-busiest day in history. The one-day record was set this year on Black Friday, the big shopping day following Thanksgiving, with 129,166 searches. By comparison, the previous one-day high was set November 28, 2008, when gun dealers made slightly less than 98,000 requests for background searches.

It's not possible to tell exactly how many guns have been purchased because buyers often take home more than one gun.

3 million background checks in the last 2 months... that's a lot of weapons.

Really, a background check is a registration since they know who bought guns and they know what type of gun you have, a rifle or a handgun.

Anyway this is good to see, especially considering what the US government is gonna try next year :
Here's the next target in the war against freedom : gun ownership

And you betcha they gonna try to pass lots of stuff next year, like taxes on ammo and guns, if they can't ban guns outright...

Molon Labe! (Come and get them!)
edit on 28-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Add that to over 200 million in the hands of civilians.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The best thing about this is the number of guns sold/traded that are NOT registered.

That will keep TPTB on their toes...

It may sound poetic but many will NOT go quietly into that good night.

Bring it!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
In 2010, they had a new record... 14.4 million background checks....

2011? 16 million +.

2011 Smashes Sales Record for Guns

This was a banner year for guns -- 2011 is set to smash the record for gun sales.

The record for a single year was set just last year, when the FBI reported that 14,409,616 background checks were requested. In 2011 that figure will top 16 million. FBI spokesman Steve Fischer said just 1.3% of background checks result in denial of a weapon.

People know what's coming.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You know the two main concerns I have about the problems of our world are that people don't know them, and the people that do don't have sound preparations. At least we're doing this much, but how hard can it be for people to setup a network like anonymous only have it be for stockpiling flour, water purification that works on chemical and nuclear material ( I hear the latter exists it's aqua something or another), plans for ways to build the weapons we'd need to win such a battle. I mean, if people had drawings of how to assemble a couple motors and fins, tubes and use electrolysis into hydrogen and oxygen from water in a closed container, maybe a little code on a chip from some cheap software coding and a camera or a couple sound mikes we'd win this thing hands down. You'd just spread it all over the place once the shtf and people would build it outta junk that was all over the countryside. We can have all the food and water we'd need, all the 2nd amendment rights we'd need, just make it yourself after it all had the shtf. In saving private ryan for instance they threw a bomb at a tank and knocked off the tank tracks, well, it didn't budge after that for instance. This is very winnable and then we can build a society that is based in justice, but we don't plan for anything! If we planned we'd have people in groups dirving to homes and dropping off booklets on front doors all over America which is what Occupy Wallstreet should do. You just link to a few websites in the booklet about the checklist for the times to come, how to distribute it when everything breaks down, we could have private homes that have seeds and anything we'd need if we'd just unite a little more and plan. Then everything would go up in smoke and we'd be left there fully ready to rebuild a just society. That's the main criticism I had for wikileaks and the rest of us, where's the planning and gathering together in loose knit groups or just with instructions on what to do when the military starts breaking down doors?
Quite honestly, I'm just waiting for the Galactic Federation of LIght if You believe in it, I've looked at this for a while and I do. Not least of the proofs of them is I don't remember seeing TPTB lie by appearing genuinly loving, so if TPTB are making these channelings, it's wayyyy out of character as far as I've seen it, not to mention, if all that technology is there for TPTB what's taking them so long to start WW III with Iran? I remember a month or two ago they were talking about the 'acts of war' for Iran to 'attempt to kill an ambassador' and that whole story just died and went flatline all this time. Plus I dont' feel the runup to something as big as WW III the way people say they do before a big war or before the soviet union collapses etc.
Not to mention, the supposed ET channelings talk about wavelengths kind of like those put out by cell towers being sent to Earth, only they are not to drive us crazy but bring us to awakening of who we are, and of love. And I really see the evidence. It's subtle, but I religiously drive the speedlimit and over the past year or so I couldn't figure it out but PEOPLE STOPPED PASSING ME So Damn much and not nearly as fast. They don't seem to cut me off nearly as much, etc. etc. and teh only thing I c an think of that would make people from GA to AL do that is what these channelings say is that we have wavelengths that affect our thinking continually comming to us as of maybe a year or I don't know ago, and they are making us more considerate. And PEOPLE WAVE TOE ME all the time when I go walking around the neighborhood, some days almost every car that passes. That just seems unheard of a year ago. This could be 10, 20 cars and it happens routinely now. I have a lot of hope. The channelings say that in not much time the secret war in the background will have progressed so far as that they have rounded up the cabal's fighting force in space and pretty much on earth (we've all heard of William Cooper and others talk about Martian and Moon bases of negative ET's and USA and Russia) that it will spill out into our news media by force of the friendly ET's, so that they won't be able to have enough space craft in the cabal's hands anymore to make us think they are invaiding, and we'll just see the ones from the positive ET's and realize eventually they are here to help and we'll be fine. I think we're in a really lucky time so to speak, though I doubt luck exists unless you just can't see the hand of God in whatever it is you think is or is not lucky, which is very hard or impossible to do at times. Well, those are my thoughts.

top topics

join