It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there so much Kim Jong Il media coverage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I thought this 'man' was supposed to be a tyrant. BBC and CNN are both covering his funeral live like he was a beloved figure.

Put your hands up if you are interested in watching this guys funeral.

MSM sickens me more by the day.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
PROPAGANDA

business as usual

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I stopped watching the msm when all they could agree on to report was the trial of some guy that killed his wife. On the news for weeks. I don't even remember the name to be honest.

The instant ability for all of us to be connected is the non-religious apocalypse. The unveiling. The revealing of bad news.

I am referring to the continuous stream of bad news from any corner of the planet it can be dredged from. If bad news is not in your town, you can feel just as bad as everyone else who watches msm.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Kim Jong ll was a god in North Korea....we all missed that fact I guess...so TV news is adding it to his great leader legacy. I just hope the Swiss education system got through to the successor son. I'd hate to think North Korea is going to be lead by another completely self absorbed tyrant.

I mean how much can the people of North Korea learn...when the only books printed are about the leader.

I worry a lot about the mass of ingnorance in the world. All this new technology world wide, and I see ignorance growing....it's scary.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Moonatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte
I thought this 'man' was supposed to be a tyrant. BBC and CNN are both covering his funeral live like he was a beloved figure.

I don't think so! I haven't heard one expression of condolence.
His passing could be either a good or a terrible thing for the world and is therefore a major event.
In fact I found the coverage quite chilling in that it displayed a grey, militarised nation. Plus mourners who were either delusional or play acting. Not good PR for them at all!
edit on 31-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I also think the amount of media coverage is absurd. Considering the secrecy in which North Korea is enshrouded, I find it strange that they're paying so much attention to this funeral. Since he died, I feel like his son is proclaimed the leader of North Korea everyday, because everyday it's the same headline. There's nothing really to it, he died at a respectful age and as in any other dictatorship, his son will be the next face they will put on every statue and building. Perhaps this is only the seasonal dose of tragedy that they want to put on our holiday table, or they want to shift back the attention to North Korea and make it seem dangerous again, now that allegedly it is run by a 27 year old. Whatever it is, it's not because the international community wants to pay respect to Kim Jong, as the media always demonized him and the state. Media hypocrites!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To keep NDAA in the shadows. They don't want NDAA to get too much media coverage cuz people MIGHT start thinking. So give 'em something to celebrate. (As sick as it is that people celebrate death)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Either they have a morbid sense of humor, kind of like if a news channel played coverage of a hitler or Stalin funeral, or there is some morbid plan by the Illuminati to somehow make north Korea an ally after so many years.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The only country able to survive without access to the rest of the world for raw resources......

Kim Kong iL did accomplish a miracle, keeping his country and people sovereign.

new topics

top topics

join