It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any good reasons to vote for Kerry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Seriously, we've had so many debates bashing Bush, I want to know if anyone has any good reasons to vote for Kerry...other than that he's not Bush. I, as many probably know already, support Bush. I seriously just want to know reasons for voting for Kerry. I feel ignorant when I talk about his policies, because I never hear of any. This isn't an argument (although I might argue if I see something I feel is wrong), I just want to know why people vote for Kerry.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Good luck,

I don't think you'll get anything other then the typical canned response...

But maybe i'm wrong... But then again, maybe i'm not.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Kerry's betting on people voting for "anyone but Bush". He can't fall back on his previous senate time becuase it's pretty non-eventful, and his military GI Joe campaign has become a huge cluster-f***. People will react like sheep and vote for the "lesser of 2 evils".

Bottom line, don't vote for either on these wastes of office space. Do some research and find a candidate that meets your beleifs. They are out there. I found mine, and it aint BUSH/KERRY

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Why is 'because he's not Bush' such a bad excuse?

Many people in this country can't stand Bush, and Bush and his administration has no one but themselves to blame for it. Kerry is the only other serious candidate that can dethrone Bush. So if they hate Bush, and Kerry is the only person able to beat him.......................................

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Do some research and find a candidate that meets your beleifs.

yes, otherwise dont't vote at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by s13guy
yes, otherwise dont't vote at all.

And continue barrelling head-on into the Apocalypse with GW, because you voted a candidate that is not even on the ballot in enough states to come close to the electoral majority! Can you get a "Don't blame me I voted third party!" T-shirt in hell (or heaven, if you vote for Bush of course
)?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Actually if your referring to Badnarik he's on 50 ballots so that arguemnt doesn't fly....

[tears for fears 80s song (so true)
Welcome to your life, theirs no turning back, even while you sleep..
We will find you acting on your best behaviour, turn your back on mother nature...

I wonder if he was talking about a new world back then??
Damn 20 years and this political arena is still #ed...

I'm going to vote for *cough cough* Libertarian...

With no regrets...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Actually if your referring to Badnarik he's on 50 ballots so that arguemnt doesn't fly....

No, I was mostly referring to Nader, he can't get on all the ballots, I wonder how Badnarik pulled it off.
Anyways, you know I would never say anything bad about Badnarik, you will sense it immediately, even if your not logged on, and you will go on the attack!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Seriously, we've had so many debates bashing Bush, I want to know if anyone has any good reasons to vote for Kerry...other than that he's not Bush. I, as many probably know already, support Bush. I seriously just want to know reasons for voting for Kerry. I feel ignorant when I talk about his policies, because I never hear of any. This isn't an argument (although I might argue if I see something I feel is wrong), I just want to know why people vote for Kerry.

So...I guess the answer to my question is no? No reasons to vote for Kerry other than that he's not Bush?

[Edited on 9-9-2004 by Herman]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Only if you have a death wish.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

So...I guess the answer to my question is no? No reasons to vote for Kerry other than that he's not Bush?

That's pretty much how I would sum it up, he's not Bush, I thought you've debated this with everybody already. I'm not gonna lay out all the reasons, I'm not campaigning for him, just voting for him. Check out his website, theres plenty of info there. You've already stated your mind is made up anyway, why do you care? There are very few undecided people this election. I'm not gonna waste our time trying to change unchangeable minds, wait til the debates, maybe then you'll see the reasons Kerry would be better.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Only if you have a death wish.

Dick Cheney? Is that you?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

That's pretty much how I would sum it up, he's not Bush, I thought you've debated this with everybody already. I'm not gonna lay out all the reasons, I'm not campaigning for him, just voting for him. Check out his website, theres plenty of info there. You've already stated your mind is made up anyway, why do you care? There are very few undecided people this election. I'm not gonna waste our time trying to change unchangeable minds, wait til the debates, maybe then you'll see the reasons Kerry would be better.

Yeah, I thought so. It's going to be a sad day if he wins. A president voted in just because they didn't like the other one. It's going to be a tough war if he does win.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There are plenty of reasons to vote for Kerry and I will list some of them for you:

-regardless of your position eventually he will vote with you, so even if you don�t agree, eventually you will.
-he will never send our military anywhere even simple troop movements would be decided by the UN.
-you won�t have to worry about what to do with any discretionary income that you currently have, for he has a plan for it.
-and for the international criminal element living in America you don�t have to worry about the US going for the international court.
-and the number one reason for voting for Kerry�.Hillary wouldn�t run in 08.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I was thinking yes I can think of reasons, then I
was thinking no, then yes, then no, yes, no , yes, no.
must be tapped into Kerry's brain.

Seriously though while I do not like a number of things Kerry is for, I am probably aligned with him on a couple of things but then again I'm not sure if he is really that way or not. I'm not in favor of eliminating the income tax if it means the middle class will have a much higher total tax bill via sales tax. The rich would be the only big winners unless the economy was so great that everyone won but I don't see that happening right now.

I've also heard that Bush has been a bit arrogant towards allies but I'm also not in favor of Kerry getting elected and kowtowing to the French to get their approval to do things. I may be against abortion but don't necessarily favor it in all cases where the life of the mother is in jeopardy. I'm just a little bit nervous about our civil rights disappearing too under the new anti-terrorist laws. I don't expect either candidate to stop that though.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Yeah, I thought so.

Why is it "yeah, I thought so"? What answers do you want from us? Why can you not vote the lesser of two evils? And why is it when you've grown tired of debating a subject into the ground, you can just say so, but when somebody else does, it's "yeah I thought so"? Personally, I dislike both parties, but to me Bush is so much worse, because he is TOO much of a hawk. I disagree with the war in Iraq, Bush has caused countless deaths in the past 4 years, not just terrorists and our WAY too young to die men and women in the armed forces, but innocent civilians, and most tragic children. You claim to be appauled by 9/11 and attacks on innocent Americans, or the children that were slaughtered in Russia, but, you blindly yet whole heartedly, support Bush ordering the SAME THING! No matter what reasons or justification you will try to give, the end result is the same....frightened civilians and children being killed, whether by accident or design, by terror or guided munitions, is that what you think the victims of 9/11 and other attacks would want if you could speak with them from the grave? Do you think the mothers and fathers who died that day would condone this? The killing of babies and children just like the ones they raised, just because there may be terrorists in the next building, so hey, if innocents get killed, that's just war, right? I can f**king guarantee you they would not want that. I am a father, and if I am killed in any kind of cowardly terrorist attack and anybody feels it's OK to go kill children to get to the ones they believe did it, I will tell them in advance that is the last thing I would EVER want, that would make my death 1,000 times more tragic. So if your voting for Bush because he's a wartime President, maybe you should look past your hate and fear and realize your wrong. There's got to be a better way out of this $hit the world is in right now, but sheep who believe every word this corrupt administration tells them, believe every bogus terror threat they announce to scare them into submission, have no desire to find the better way, just kill 'em all right? It makes me sick. So I will vote for Kerry because he's "not Bush", then I will promote third party candidates the day after this election, hopefully Kerry will win and less children will die while we focus on fixing this extremely broken nation, and taking back our government from both parties.

It's going to be a sad day if he wins.

Not for me.

A president voted in just because they didn't like the other one.

Yes, how could that not make sense? If you hate one of your teachers at school, and there's another teacher who also sucks, but not as bad as the other one, and you had the opportunity for a transfer, you wouldn't take it?

It's going to be a tough war if he does win.

Yeah, kinda hard to fight a illigitimate war, if your troops ARE HERE AT HOME!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yeah there is only one reason to vote for either major candidate in this years election and thats 'he's not bush'. Theres nothing about bush thats good, and theres nothing about Kerry thats good. But seeing as the world has had to put up with Bush # for 4 years already i think its fair we share the burden of being the worlds most hated man untill a candidate comes along that is actually good.

But if bush does go in, and on suspicious circumstances again, maybe your population will actually revolt and overthrow the system altogether... thats the best thing that could happem... maybe i will go for bush after all

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think everyone that wants to vote for Kerry because he is not Bush should vote for Badnarik he is not Bush

I didnt know he was on the ballot in 50 states go Badnarik. I want to see a third party president so bad. America cant we just try one for four years just to see how it is.

alas the whole wasted vote thing will scare to many people away. Even though that whole arguement is bunk that both the Rep. and Dem. just love to keep going.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
... maybe i will go for bush after all

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately it won't count

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Yeah, I thought so.

Why is it "yeah, I thought so"? What answers do you want from us? Why can you not vote the lesser of two evils? And why is it when you've grown tired of debating a subject into the ground, you can just say so, but when somebody else does, it's "yeah I thought so"? Personally, I dislike both parties, but to me Bush is so much worse, because he is TOO much of a hawk. I disagree with the war in Iraq, Bush has caused countless deaths in the past 4 years, not just terrorists and our WAY too young to die men and women in the armed forces, but innocent civilians, and most tragic children. You claim to be appauled by 9/11 and attacks on innocent Americans, or the children that were slaughtered in Russia, but, you blindly yet whole heartedly, support Bush ordering the SAME THING! No matter what reasons or justification you will try to give, the end result is the same....frightened civilians and children being killed, whether by accident or design, by terror or guided munitions, is that what you think the victims of 9/11 and other attacks would want if you could speak with them from the grave? Do you think the mothers and fathers who died that day would condone this? The killing of babies and children just like the ones they raised, just because there may be terrorists in the next building, so hey, if innocents get killed, that's just war, right? I can f**king guarantee you they would not want that. I am a father, and if I am killed in any kind of cowardly terrorist attack and anybody feels it's OK to go kill children to get to the ones they believe did it, I will tell them in advance that is the last thing I would EVER want, that would make my death 1,000 times more tragic. So if your voting for Bush because he's a wartime President, maybe you should look past your hate and fear and realize your wrong. There's got to be a better way out of this $hit the world is in right now, but sheep who believe every word this corrupt administration tells them, believe every bogus terror threat they announce to scare them into submission, have no desire to find the better way, just kill 'em all right? It makes me sick. So I will vote for Kerry because he's "not Bush", then I will promote third party candidates the day after this election, hopefully Kerry will win and less children will die while we focus on fixing this extremely broken nation, and taking back our government from both parties.

It's going to be a sad day if he wins.

Not for me.

A president voted in just because they didn't like the other one.

Yes, how could that not make sense? If you hate one of your teachers at school, and there's another teacher who also sucks, but not as bad as the other one, and you had the opportunity for a transfer, you wouldn't take it?

It's going to be a tough war if he does win.

Yeah, kinda hard to fight a illigitimate war, if your troops ARE HERE AT HOME!

Christ, you're so defensive!!! Good god, I said four sentences and you managed to do that whole essay with my quotes and stuff. As I mentioned in the begninning of this, I don't want it to be a fight. It's informative. I wish to learn. I'm not insinuating any insulting things by saying "I thought so". All I meant is that I thought nobody would have any real reasons for voting for Kerry other than that he's not Bush. I don't know what's so insulting about that. Are you just frusterated that you know there really are hardly any other good reasons for supporting Kerry? Why are you so bitter towards me?

The answers are that I wanted are reasons for voting for Kerry, as stated in my title. You've grown tired of debating this? Since when have we debated Kerry's stances? Barely ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join