It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so weird!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Alright, I'll cut to the chase. Whenever there is a package with a cute little cartoon character or animal on it, I feel so bad when I rip it open and tear the picture up. The same thing when I'm going to eat some candy shaped as a little animal. I can't even rip open wrapping paper on presents! Or when there's snow on the ground, with no foot prints in it, I feel bad walking through the snow and making the ground ugly. What is wrong with me? Are there other people who are this way, or just me?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I got upset when my friends would walk in the snow that was in my yard. I wanted to have the most snow in the neighborhood, and I felt like their shoe prints took away some snow. I could never allow sledding in my yard. Not that it was a great yard to sled on, though.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Alright, I'll cut to the chase. Whenever there is a package with a cute little cartoon character or animal on it, I feel so bad when I rip it open and tear the picture up. The same thing when I'm going to eat some candy shaped as a little animal. I can't even rip open wrapping paper on presents! Or when there's snow on the ground, with no foot prints in it, I feel bad walking through the snow and making the ground ugly. What is wrong with me? Are there other people who are this way, or just me?
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

There is nothing wrong with you. You simply have an aversion to destruction. You are comfortable with and enjoy order and neatness. You hate to see anything well made or naturally beautiful altered. As long as you can still function in life I would not worry about it. In fact embrace the pleasure you derive from it.

I often stood on my back porch as a child and just stared appreciatively at the fresh unmarked snow in my back yard. When my friends came over and we began to play and carve up the yard lol, I always felt a twinge of regret to see it gone.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Its perfectly normal, my brother's girlfriend is so scared to rip present paper she takes 10 years to open it then slowly folds it like clothing to make sure its still in good shape lol, she does this with each and every present.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I suppose it doesn't drastically alter my way of life. I just feel like it's added stress though. Sometimes I wish I could be like my friends and just not care, they seem so much happier!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i believe its some kind of phobia u might have
i rember this guy who couldnt throw away magazines cuz he felt the people on it were real people
the guy had thousand and thousands of magazines lying aroud
well i saw it on televison
not sure if u have somthig like it do
edit on 27-12-2011 by thebestnr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I don't think you have anything wrong with you.
I call it a Unicorn personality.

if the world was full of people like you.
it would be a lovely places.

not like it is now !
full of people who like to destroy and kill.
wild dog personality. and pig, hyenas.
would you want to be like them?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I HATE
I DESPISE down to the core of my soul treading on perfect snow!!!

Everyone else that I know lovesmto just go stumbling through it marking up the beauty!
Its sad
lol

So i right there with you on that

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ive had OCD all my life and not saying that's what you have but I have always wished I didn't care as much about little things that really make no sense, even the fear of throwing paper away freaks me out, I have gotten a lot better now but I still get that twang of guilt throwing something away, Im no hoarder but I think I could of been if I didnt recognize the signals early enough.

Oh and speaking about mountains of magazines I had something goofy like that, for example when I was 11 my sister found about 10 bags of store coupons in my closet, I would take them from the stores, the whole packets, you know the kind they put out, 100's in a booklet and you can rip one off and use it, I would steal the entire thing, keep it and collect them, she told my mom because it freaked her out, it was another OCD thing I had going on, I thought no one could see it but finally got some help for it, I would count every step, wash dishes 4 times in a row, touch the door frame over and over, it was pretty serious, if it weren't for the damn mountain of coupons hidden in the closet who knows what I would be like today lol.
edit on 28-12-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I HATE

Everyone else that I know lovesmto just go stumbling through it marking up the beauty!
Its sad
lol

I suspect all of you who can only appreciate virgin snow were raised by sexual repressed mothers who made you sit on plastic and flew into a fit if you messed up the nice little outfit that she picked out for you...seeing snow and not wanting to roll around and play in it is simply the most unnatural thing in the world...OCD I can understand...but only wanting to look at snow!!! That is singularly perverse and can only be the fault of your mothers.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omphale

Originally posted by EvolEric
I HATE

Its sad
lol

I suspect all of you who can only appreciate virgin snow were raised by sexual repressed mothers who made you sit on plastic and flew into a fit if you messed up the nice little outfit that she picked out for you...seeing snow and not wanting to roll around and play in it is simply the most unnatural thing in the world...OCD I can understand...but only wanting to look at snow!!! That is singularly perverse and can only be the fault of your mothers.

I have to say this is one of the funniest replies I have ever seen, lmao!!

what if its the opposite, what if you look at it think I can sooo destroy that

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

I think what is interesting about OCD is that it is natural behaviour, only exaggerated. We all at times suffer obsession and compulsions. Most of us, all things being equal (which of course they seldom are) can overcome them to some extent. I have an acquaintance who avoids odd numbers. On the surface common enough, but to the extent that she will only take an even number of sips from her drink, or bites from her food, so she is teetering towards to edge of OCD...but perfectly functional and she enjoys that singularity of self, and she naturally has a routine that accomodates her need to for all numbers to be even. And I think that is why it can be dangerous if left unchecked, because it is a comforter, a secret with oneself that helps you to navigate, when it comes out into the open it loses it's potency over us...or we choose to disappear into it completely. I used to self-abuse in a similar way, OCD may be less destructive of the individual self, but can be much more damaging to the social self I think. I think both are attempts to try and gain some control though when we feel that we have none whether it be over 'things' or our own body.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
I have to say this is one of the funniest replies I have ever seen, lmao!!

what if its the opposite, what if you look at it think I can sooo destroy that

Haha...I'll leave that analysis to someone else...haha

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omphale
reply to post by hapablab

I think what is interesting about OCD is that it is natural behaviour, only exaggerated. We all at times suffer obsession and compulsions. Most of us, all things being equal (which of course they seldom are) can overcome them to some extent. I have an acquaintance who avoids odd numbers. On the surface common enough, but to the extent that she will only take an even number of sips from her drink, or bites from her food, so she is teetering towards to edge of OCD...but perfectly functional and she enjoys that singularity of self, and she naturally has a routine that accomodates her need to for all numbers to be even. And I think that is why it can be dangerous if left unchecked, because it is a comforter, a secret with oneself that helps you to navigate, when it comes out into the open it loses it's potency over us...or we choose to disappear into it completely. I used to self-abuse in a similar way, OCD may be less destructive of the individual self, but can be much more damaging to the social self I think. I think both are attempts to try and gain some control though when we feel that we have none whether it be over 'things' or our own body.

Thank you, it feels better when I read that Im not the only one
edit on 28-12-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

join